disturbing video.. police shooting unarmed man in the back, paralyzing him for life

I have very little sympathy for idiots that run from police. It did look like he could of been hiding something, but the officer should had told him to put his hands up. Don't know if he did or didn't order him to. I don't see what motive the officer would of had for shooting him if he knew he is unarmed, especially when he knows he is being videotaped.

It was a chase?

Since the trial has started, how about we wait and find out what ALL the facts are? Just a thought. I know, I'm very anal about this whole 'innocent until found guilty' thing.

you have gracefully mastered the art of copping out. did you watch the video?

Did you FORGET one is INNOCENT until PROVEN Guilty in a COURT of LAW? Heaven forbid we adhere to that concept.

Does this mean I am free to call all democrats guilty of shit just cause?

I can easily adhere to that concept and still know he is guilty. Presumption of innocence is a legal concept, and only affects you if you are in court. Everyone outside that courtroom is perfectly within their rights to judge the case for themselves. the cops will line up and declare him justified, and everyone else who sees that video will know he is guilty. The only people who are bound by the presumption if innocence is the state in its attempt to hold him accountable for what he did. The rest of the world can do whatever they want, which is why a great many people hold OJ accountable for what he did, despite the fact that the jury found him not guilty.

Last edited:
Unless we know the FULL facts - and by that I mean what happened BEFORE the filming etc - then no one is in possession of the FULL facts. If there is one thing that is certain, there is always more to an incident than is captured on film.

I'm not saying the cop is innocent but - as I have already said - unless I have ALL the FACTS then I am not going to judge it. And.... anyone who does, is an ass.

We will NEVER have ALL of the facts, because we don't know what transpired prior to the camera being turned on.

Maybe the guys on the bikes had left a flaming bag of stool on the cop's front doorstep and the video only caught them in the act of fleeing.

It can't be refuted...therefore, we will NEVER know.

Since the trial has started, how about we wait and find out what ALL the facts are? Just a thought. I know, I'm very anal about this whole 'innocent until found guilty' thing.

Yeah, I did watch the video.

And then I watched it again around 1:25 minutes.

The rider goes for something in his right pocket.

Then he gets hit.

Moral of the story, once again kiddies, is don't fuck with the police; don't reach into your pockets at a traffic stop and don't approach their horses during a riot.

don't reach into your pockets at a traffic stop

The proper thing to do with your hands during a traffic stop is to place both of them on the steering wheel at the 10 and 2 positions, with the hands wide open and the palms up and keep them there as the officer approaches.

When the officer asks for your registration, if it is in the glove box, BEFORE reaching for the glove box, TELL the officer that the registration is in the glove box and ask him if it is all right for you to take it out. (This can get a little dicey if your stash is also in the glove box, but that's a different issue . . . :cool:)

Yeah, I did watch the video.

And then I watched it again around 1:25 minutes.

The rider goes for something in his right pocket.

Then he gets hit.

Moral of the story, once again kiddies, is don't fuck with the police; don't reach into your pockets at a traffic stop and don't approach their horses during a riot.

You dont ride a motorcycle do you?
You have to get off the bike to get anything out of your front pocket ,he turned to inquire nothing more. You cant hear with the pipes going you have to look around.

all you apologists for police misconduct better find a better rap than "innocent until proven guilty" on this one.

that video sure looked pretty conclusive to me --- cop came out with a hot piece. no warning. no suspicious movement by the victim.

it would not surprise me at all if the officer was a soldier before he became a policeman. though it would take some serious research to prove it, since the 90's there has been a significant uptick in the numbers of people moving from military to civilian policing and i think that statistics will show a disproportionate number of former military people involved in excessive force incidents.

the mindset of an MP is pretty much opposite that of a civilian law enforcement officer who is trained to exhaust every possible means of finding a non-violent resolution to a situation before using deadly force. in a combat zone, the rules of engagement are much looser.

this guy came out shooting. it's too bad all he can get is 11 years. he'll be out inside 3.

I'm wondering why he came out of his police unit with gun drawn in the first place.

Looks pretty bad to me. The man moves his hands and the cop shot. He didn't wait to see if there was a weapon in his hand or not. BIG over reaction.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Forum List

Back