disturbing video.. police shooting unarmed man in the back, paralyzing him for life

all you apologists for police misconduct better find a better rap than "innocent until proven guilty" on this one.

that video sure looked pretty conclusive to me --- cop came out with a hot piece. no warning. no suspicious movement by the victim.

it would not surprise me at all if the officer was a soldier before he became a policeman. though it would take some serious research to prove it, since the 90's there has been a significant uptick in the numbers of people moving from military to civilian policing and i think that statistics will show a disproportionate number of former military people involved in excessive force incidents.

the mindset of an MP is pretty much opposite that of a civilian law enforcement officer who is trained to exhaust every possible means of finding a non-violent resolution to a situation before using deadly force. in a combat zone, the rules of engagement are much looser.

this guy came out shooting. it's too bad all he can get is 11 years. he'll be out inside 3.

this is the part that sucks. he should be charged with at least attempted murder

Since the trial has started, how about we wait and find out what ALL the facts are? Just a thought. I know, I'm very anal about this whole 'innocent until found guilty' thing.

you have gracefully mastered the art of copping out. did you watch the video?

Did you FORGET one is INNOCENT until PROVEN Guilty in a COURT of LAW? Heaven forbid we adhere to that concept.

Does this mean I am free to call all democrats guilty of shit just cause?

maybe you should watch the video before commenting. knee jerk reactions always make you look retarded

all you apologists for police misconduct better find a better rap than "innocent until proven guilty" on this one.

that video sure looked pretty conclusive to me --- cop came out with a hot piece. no warning. no suspicious movement by the victim.

it would not surprise me at all if the officer was a soldier before he became a policeman. though it would take some serious research to prove it, since the 90's there has been a significant uptick in the numbers of people moving from military to civilian policing and i think that statistics will show a disproportionate number of former military people involved in excessive force incidents.

the mindset of an MP is pretty much opposite that of a civilian law enforcement officer who is trained to exhaust every possible means of finding a non-violent resolution to a situation before using deadly force. in a combat zone, the rules of engagement are much looser.

this guy came out shooting. it's too bad all he can get is 11 years. he'll be out inside 3.

this is the part that sucks. he should be charged with at least attempted murder

what really sucks is that nationwide, police are able to violently violate people's civil rights with impunity and the only victims that get any justice are ones like this guy, who have been permanently disabled or killed by rah-rah cops overamped on caffeine, adrenaline and testosterone.

anything less and it will be buried and no lawyer will touch it.

once again admins move a thread they don't like out of current events to keep it away from commenting

you have gracefully mastered the art of copping out. did you watch the video?

Did you FORGET one is INNOCENT until PROVEN Guilty in a COURT of LAW? Heaven forbid we adhere to that concept.

maybe you should watch the video before commenting. knee jerk reactions always make you look retarded

So what was your take on Congressman Jefferson? You know when all the democrats and Liberals were INSISTING even after all the tapes and all the money he was innocent till proven guilty? When Pelosi bemoaned not being able to promote him because of some "legal" problems?

Our system DEPENDS on the concept Innocent until proven Guilty. And that means in a Court of Law, not by a bunch of people watching a video.

Or are you so afraid of the system that you think with all the damning evidence you insist allows you to declare him guilty now that somehow a Court will find otherwise? Which it just might IF in fact there is other evidence you are not privy too?

I wonder if you feel the same way about ACORN when you make such statements. :eusa_think:

I wonder if you feel the same way about ACORN when you make such statements. :eusa_think:

Absolutely. Unlike you liberal wing nuts and far rightwing turds I happen to believe our legal system should be allowed to run its course.

All you have in this case is a single video. You do not know what the defense knows and you do not know what the Prosecution knows. You would rush to judgement because of a shocking video. That is mob mentality and it is wrong.

I can think of several cases where it seemed the prosecution had an air tight case and the final verdict was NOT GUILTY.

All you have in this case is a single video. You do not know what the defense knows and you do not know what the Prosecution knows. You would rush to judgement because of a shocking video. That is mob mentality and it is wrong.

I can think of several cases where it seemed the prosecution had an air tight case and the final verdict was NOT GUILTY.

toledoblade.com -- The Blade ~ Toledo Ohio

A jury found an Ottawa Hills police officer guilty Friday night of felonious assault with a firearms specification for a shooting during a traffic stop last year.

The case went to the jury on the fourth day of Officer Thomas White's trial for felonious assault with a firearms specification in the shooting of Michael McCloskey, Jr.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

A jury found an Ottawa Hills police officer guilty Friday night of felonious assault with a firearms specification for a shooting during a traffic stop last year.

The case went to the jury on the fourth day of Officer Thomas White's trial for felonious assault with a firearms specification in the shooting of Michael McCloskey, Jr.

And as I stated this is how it is done. A JURY in A courtroom decides. Not the MOB outside. Or did you fail to READ this thread?

And as I stated this is how it is done. A JURY in A courtroom decides. Not the MOB outside. Or did you fail to READ this thread?

And you won't find me disagreeing with you. Unless you can find me doing otherwise. I only pointed out ACORN because many of your fellow posters here had already executed ACORN in the trial of public opinion despite the fact that ACORN never was convicted of any wrongdoing.

i hope his sentence serves as an example to other cops, and I also hope he get the full sentence with no parole

And you won't find me disagreeing with you. Unless you can find me doing otherwise. I only pointed out ACORN because many of your fellow posters here had already executed ACORN in the trial of public opinion despite the fact that ACORN never was convicted of any wrongdoing.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...fference-between-the-kbr-and-acorn-cases.html

my thread on that issue

Unless we know the FULL facts - and by that I mean what happened BEFORE the filming etc - then no one is in possession of the FULL facts. If there is one thing that is certain, there is always more to an incident than is captured on film.

I'm not saying the cop is innocent but - as I have already said - unless I have ALL the FACTS then I am not going to judge it. And.... anyone who does, is an ass.

Unless we know the FULL facts - and by that I mean what happened BEFORE the filming etc - then no one is in possession of the FULL facts. If there is one thing that is certain, there is always more to an incident than is captured on film.

I'm not saying the cop is innocent but - as I have already said - unless I have ALL the FACTS then I am not going to judge it. And.... anyone who does, is an ass.

apparently the judge and jury are asses then

apparently the judge and jury are asses then

Has he been found guilty? Genuine question because I haven't been following the trial.

Has he been found guilty? Genuine question because I haven't been following the trial.

He was. The article is around the bottom of Page 2 of this thread.

Fair enough. Judged by the evidence and found guilty is good enough for me. Unlike some, I prefer for the legal process to run its course rather than rant hysterically about anything that appears to be a 'slam dunk'.

I rarely read media articles - I find them generally to be biased and lacking in fact. Once the verdict is in, that is good enough for me. He's guilty and - as a police officer he should be held fully accountable.

Ottawa Hills officer's trial begins, dash cam vid shown | 13abc.com

hopefully he goes to jail for attempted murder and abuse of position with no chance of parole.

Ottawa Hills police officer guilty in traffic-stop shooting

Officer Thomas White, left, and his attorney, Jerry Phillips, listen as the guilty verdict is read Friday night.
( THE BLADE/DAVE ZAPOTOSKY )
Zoom | Photo Reprints
BLADE STAFF

White, 27, showed no emotion, standing quietly with his attorney, Jerry Phillips, when the verdict was read about 7:20 p.m. The jury deliberated six hours on Friday before reaching a decision.

White was released on bond, pending sentencing set for 9 a.m. on June 21. White faces up to 11 years in prison.

Lost track of thread

next update

White was released on bond, pending sentencing set for 9 a.m. on June 21. White faces up to 11 years in prison.

I have very little sympathy for idiots that run from police. It did look like he could of been hiding something, but the officer should had told him to put his hands up. Don't know if he did or didn't order him to. I don't see what motive the officer would of had for shooting him if he knew he is unarmed, especially when he knows he is being videotaped.

Forum List

Back