disRespecting the US flag

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Not surprising that trump said if Black NFL players kneel, 'maybe they shouldn't be in this country'. He's possibly the most ignorant and anti-America prez in our history but is he right that players should kneel or else? Remember he said he would fire them. So, I've been looking around ...

Which of these is DISrespect and which shows REspect for the US flag?

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - United States Code

Do you see anyone who should be deported or fired?

8gGohOe.jpg

Interestingly, this show disrespecting the flag in 13 different ways though I doubt trump could name even one.
american-flag-overlode.jpg

“The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free,” the code reads.
Anyone think trump had anything to say about this? Its Ryan Zinke. That says it all.
gettyimages-698691680-e1506351241785.jpg

“The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free,” the flag code reads

gettyimages-853260078-e1506350901514.jpg

“The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever.” Unless, of course, it puts money in trump's pocket. Anyone believe this hot sauce is made in the US?
gettyimages-631619682-e1506351775701.jpg

gettyimages-639416350-e1506351635593.jpg

Kid Rock, who trump invited to the WH.

2c9eea5a8833755b6d5650ce12582b32.jpg

Good ole Poopy Pants continues to shit on the flag.

6758224da6cd7b8cae1b61ab7b1de79c.jpg

bab1e4ad6114d3397d039854c64b7a13.jpg

Here's $arah, WALKING on the US flag.
5deec143e280c76660e418b2bacaea59.jpg

e9b5c67e9972d6261824a4baa6f6d33c.jpg

818c868659c5a7a879e94ba74c77393a.jpg

0e56eed97e42bd48c0bfba9d2563b9cd.jpg

Not surprising that trump said if Black NFL players kneel, 'maybe they shouldn't be in this country'. He's possibly the most ignorant and anti-America prez in our history but is he right that players should kneel or else? Remember he said he would fire them. So, I've been looking around ...

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - United States Code

8gGohOe.jpg

Interestingly, this show disrespecting the flag in 13 different ways though I doubt trump could name even one.

“The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free,” the code reads.
Anyone think trump had anything to say about this? Its Ryan Zinke. That says it all.

“The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free,” the flag code reads

“The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever.” Unless, of course, it puts money in trump's pocket. Anyone believe this hot sauce is made in the US?

I generally don't comment on the flag because it outright sickens me that any American would think the symbol of the flag takes precedent over the rights it stands for.

The rights are universally important for the human race for all time. The flag is window dressing, made of cloth and easily replaced with a brand new one.

You lose a million flags and there will be ten million made to replace it, you can find it in any size anywhere in the US. You lose one of the rights and that's forever. People that bitch about symbols and ignore rights need to revisit the Tiananmen Square uprising. It demonstrates clearly the difference between losing a symbol, and losing the rights.

8gGohOe.jpg

I generally don't comment on the flag because it outright sickens me that any American would think the symbol of the flag takes precedent over the rights it stands for.

The rights are universally important for the human race for all time. The flag is window dressing, made of cloth and easily replaced with a brand new one.

You lose a million flags and there will be ten million made to replace it, you can find it in any size anywhere in the US. You lose one of the rights and that's forever. People that bitch about symbols and ignore rights need to revisit the Tiananmen Square uprising. It demonstrates clearly the difference between losing a symbol, and losing the rights.
Isaac, nobody ever said it better! Thank you!

8gGohOe.jpg

IsaacNewton

".. it outright sickens me that any American would think the symbol of the flag takes precedent over the rights it stands for.."

I SO agree.

This is surely what our Memorial Day is really all about.

The US fought against fascism before and we are now being called upon to fight against it again.

Our Constitution forbids being forced to salute our flag or recite our Pledge of Allegiance. If only our president believed in the US Constitution.

Does the United States or other countries compel National Anthem etiquette? - National Constitution Center

West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette - Wikipedia

We respect what we respect.

I did colours in the US military for many early morning duties, and it never failed to move me.

But that is me, we respect what we respect.

This is also the land of the first amendment, where we can say what we think.

Even burn flags.

You want it otherwise, move to North Korea.

We respect what we respect.

I did colours in the US military for many early morning duties, and it never failed to move me.

But that is me, we respect what we respect.

This is also the land of the first amendment, where we can say what we think.

Even burn flags.

You want it otherwise, move to North Korea.
Frogen, thanks for your service! I'm old now, but as a teen at sporting events such as high school football, we all, the entire crowd, stood (at attention) with hands over hearts at the singing of our anthem. Nobody talked, shuffled or even chewed gum. And like all old codgers, I have often complained at the lack of respect I see today. I challenge anyone to watch the crowds or even player lineups at sporting events today. So the silent kneeling I see today seems more respectful to me than the boisterous non-respecting crowd of fans chatting away. Another forgotten is that one does NOT applaud the National Anthem any more than one applauds the Ave Maria.

Yeah...then you have the left....

33733flag_burning_large.ab94b306.jpg

WHOOOSH!!!

Right over your head.

Seriously, you missed the point and chose instead to hide behind the usual grade-school stupidity.

The POINT is that the right is working to FORCE others to do what they themselves do NOT do.

The hypocritical right disrespects the flag every day.
The left respects the First Amendment as well as the right of all Americans to get equal treatment by law enforcement.

Only the very stupid actually believes is about "respecting the flag".

BTW, you're dumb as driveway gravel but you're the only RWNJ who didn't pretend this thread was here.

Last edited:
These players have the right to disrespect the flag. No one is putting them in jail for it. If there are other penalties then accepting those is the responsibility of the person who freely chooses to disrespect the flag and the country.

The OP just doesn't have the ability to understand the difference between patriotism and treason. It's kind of sad.

What is it with the Police desecrating the flag with a blue stripe replacing one of the red ones? The Blue ISIS Flag. Some of them don't even have red, white, and blue coloring. Except for the single blue stripe they are black and white.

I think Villanueva is the only Combat Veteran playing in the NFL. He was the only Steeler not to kneel. Enough said!

The problem is that there are those who incorrectly perceive that to ‘disrespect’ the flag is to ‘disrespect’ the country, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

Worse, there are those, mostly on the right, who inappropriately seek to conjoin symbolic manifestations like the flag with military service, and that to ‘disrespect’ the flag is to ‘disrespect’ those who service in the military, this also couldn’t be further from the truth.

The fact is that to engage in lawful protest is the highest form of patriotism and respect for our country – regardless the manner of that protest.

I recall during Vietnam most on the ridiculous right denouncing anti-war protests with moronic comments such as “America, love it or leave it!” – this sort of nonsense as is idiotic today as it was 50 years ago; idiocy Trump clearly subscribes to.

Daily double, I really hate this:

I'm not sure what the symbol attached to the flag pin, last campaign I noticed a lot of Republican candidates wearing a similar pin. Searched on-line and seen for sale ones with the GOP elephant, can't tell if this is one of those. I like the one that Trump wears which is not blemished.....

The problem is that there are those who incorrectly perceive that to ‘disrespect’ the flag is to ‘disrespect’ the country, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

Worse, there are those, mostly on the right, who inappropriately seek to conjoin symbolic manifestations like the flag with military service, and that to ‘disrespect’ the flag is to ‘disrespect’ those who service in the military, this also couldn’t be further from the truth.

The fact is that to engage in lawful protest is the highest form of patriotism and respect for our country – regardless the manner of that protest.

I recall during Vietnam most on the ridiculous right denouncing anti-war protests with moronic comments such as “America, love it or leave it!” – this sort of nonsense as is idiotic today as it was 50 years ago; idiocy Trump clearly subscribes to.

I always hope they're not really so brain dead as to believe the trump spew. But, they do know they demand different behavior from different people. The photos posted above show their fellow anti-Americans really and truly deprecating our flag. RWNJs love it. The only thing they would love even more is if trump took a crap on the flag. They'd canonize him for that.

Honoring our flag means giving all Americans the same rights. That's all this is about - that the RWNJs are racist anti-Americans, as is trump. They're very happy to see him turning the US into what they and he hope will become a dictatorship - kkk, nazi, alt right, fascist nightmare for real Americans.

They love that trump bullies people because that's what they would like to do in their own lives. RWNJs love him for groveling at Putin's feet, for selling us out to China.

The real respect is shown when we honor what our flag represents. See IsaacNewton 's post above but its also honoring our active military and vets (trump has already done them great harm he and and the rest of gop say they want to starve them, take their medical care away, as well as gut benefits)..Then there's his spitting on the caskets of the fallen as well as the Gold Star Families and our POWs.

DEPpIwKUwAIIEGO.jpg

Forum List

Back