Disney's Wish

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Can it be that this movie doesn't actually look woke? Unless you count the fact that there are black characters, but this is an original story so it doesn't really matter.

I just got back from the movie theater a little bit ago and I actually thought that it was pretty good, although predictable. Great music though. :D Also, the villain was actually hot even though it was just a cartoon. 😍 (And yes my fiancee knows I think that as we have a look but don't touch rule between us. 😆)

Can it be that this movie doesn't actually look woke? Unless you count the fact that there are black characters, but this is an original story so it doesn't really matter.

Disney has had characters with dark skin for maybe forever? Certainly for a long time now. But they weren't cast as BLACK people. They were just people cast as people doing what people do in various roles. And I am pretty sure not a single soul on the planet didn't think that quite ordinary and normal as it should be. That is how racism is eliminated constructively and profitably for all.

It is only when it's engineered, in your face, a sociopolitical statement that it becomes 'woke'. I don't know anything about Disney's "Wish" movie and hope it is of the caliber of many other wonderful movies they have made. The 'woke' crap can stay in the bargain bin at Walmart.

Holy cow Ariana looks SO much like the main girl (Asha) and I am SO in love with her voice already. True Disney princess just by that voice alone. 😍

Forum List

Back