Disney acknowledges via SEC filing that it's wokeness is damaging the company's stock and prospects

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
Get woke...go broke.

"consumers’ perceptions of our position on matters of public interest, including our efforts to achieve certain of our environmental and social goals, often differ widely and present risks to our reputation and brands."

LOL

Wow... in 2023 another 14% drop in viewership.
But they deserve every bit of it.
What they have done to Marvel is unforgivable, they have completely ruined the brand.
And they are, of course, ruining their own brand. Noting that there once untouchable revenue base on brand toys/clothing ect. has fallen sharply - citing "misalignment with the public" on social messaging - their words, not mine.

Making true - the statement - Go woke, Go broke.

Wow... in 2023 another 14% drop in viewership.
But they deserve every bit of it.
What they have done to Marvel is unforgivable, they have completely ruined the brand.
And they are, of course, ruining their own brand. Noting that there once untouchable revenue base on brand toys/clothing ect. has fallen sharply - citing "misalignment with the public" on social messaging - their words, not mine.

Making true - the statement - Go woke, Go broke.

That kind of intentional mismanagement and disregard for stockholders usually ends in lawsuits and bankruptcy filings (see Enron, Solyndra, DeLorean, etc.)

Get woke...go broke.

"consumers’ perceptions of our position on matters of public interest, including our efforts to achieve certain of our environmental and social goals, often differ widely and present risks to our reputation and brands."

LOL

Don't laugh, i am being serious when I say that they are probably,.right now in fact; lobbying government to change the tax laws to allow.them to write off "social conscence expenses". There are only a few reasons the would add that note: for the CEO to blame a righteous position for his failures, to garner some sort of soft Goodwill with investors, in order to set up an argument with govt to change tax laws.

I would say Iger will be out by this time next year, if not by the end of the quarter.
He promised to bring Disney back to it's senses, and he certainly did not.
I am sure due to contractual obligations he couldn't stop the current shit they were filming, but he has not done anything to change their political/social entanglements.
These people live in bubbles, far away from the streets their customers live on... I believe they bought the equally bubbled media's distortion that most people are wokesters or woke sympathizers.
Got that wrong.
Probably too late to save his own ass now.

Forum List

Back