Disgraced NPR Chief Picked to Head NBC News Digital (Formerly MSNBC)

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
File this one under: "The more things change, the more they stay the same":
Disgraced NPR Chief Picked to Head NBC News Digital
You may remember Vivian Schiller for her bungled firing of the NPR commentator Juan Williams back in 2010.

The Juan Williams mess wasn't the only thing that Schiller mishandled while chief of NPR. She was also involved in the tap dancing the publicly funded radio outlet performed when independent journalist James O'Keefe plied an undercover camera that caught NPR execs agreeing to take millions in donations from what they understood to be the Muslim Brotherhood, as well known terror outfit from the Middle East.

Eventually, Schiller was forced out of her position at NPR for the PR messes she created.

Yet, after two major public relations disasters in as many years, disasters that revealed not only her outright bias, but a sneaking anti-Semitism, Schiller now stands poised to be given the reins of a new, multi-million dollar Internet news outlet backed by none other than NBC News!

I still don't understand why NPR receives Taxpayer-Funding. They are clearly a far Left/Democrat dominated Network. I just don't get how they've gotten away with it for so long. And it makes perfect sense that an NPR Dumocrat would get a sweet gig at NBC. Fortunately, most Americans know the Liberal/Democrat MSM is a joke though. They don't have nearly the power & influence they once had. They're not called the old Dinosaur Media for nothing.

I still don't understand why NPR receives Taxpayer-Funding. They are clearly a far Left/Democrat dominated Network. I just don't get how they've gotten away with it for so long. And it makes perfect sense that an NPR Dumocrat would get a sweet gig at NBC. Fortunately, most Americans know the Liberal/Democrat MSM is a joke though. They don't have nearly the power & influence they once had. They're not called the old Dinosaur Media for nothing.

Yes it's sad, I listen to NPR for their more odd programming. Anything that has to do with news or politics is so far beyond lop sided that they can't even pretend to sound honest when giving half of the story.

We’re talking about news where most of the time they get an ‘expert” on the left to represent the “liberal” point of view then they get another very left leaning expert to give what “they think” would be the conservative point of view… Way to much of the time I wana call them up and let them know me using Google can do a better job of journalism then they provide.

Very arrogant bunch.

NPR should also have to claim that they are publicly funded, by tax payers.

I remember when the Republicans took over the house and won lots of seats back in congress in 2010. The Chick commentator sounded disgusted and in disbelief as she said something like “I don’t get it… These Tea party guys don’t even believe in Government, how can they be winning.” No one else said anything, you know like, No you dumb ass liberal fucking waste of space progressive liberal, they believe in Government and it’s role. Just that on a federal level it is restricted by the powers enumerated to it per the constitution.”

Last edited:
Good for NBC.

O'Keefe is a convicted criminal and a liar. But for his selective editing and NPR's complete lack of balls, she would still have her job.

Big time, not to mention a complete scumbag, no wonder the hard right wing shitheads love him.

"Independent journalist" :lmao: What the hell is wrong you on the far right? :cuckoo:

"All Things Considered" my ass.

They consider only three basic things: jazz, the Holocaust and endangered species in South America.

Forum List

Back