Disgrace: Green Beret Who Defended Boy Against Rape in Afghanistan Loses Appeal

Link works for me, here is part of the article for you
This is so disgusting-

In case you missed it earlier this week, the New York Timespublished an extensive piece detailing how U.S. soldiers serving in Afghanistan have been told to ignore rampant sexual abuse of young children, mostly boys, by Afghan allies because "it's their culture." U.S. soldiers were not only told they would be punished for intervening or stopping a sexual assault, they have been punished for doing so.

Green Beret Charles Martland was discharged from the Armyafter roughing up an Afghan military commander who admitted, and laughed about, being a child rapist

Disgrace: Green Beret Who Defended Boy Against Rape in Afghanistan Loses Appeal

This isn't a story about the Taliban raping children, or fundamentalist Muslims.

This is a story about out ALLIES, men in the Afghan army raping children.

This country is not worth saving.
Your link does not seem to work?

Charles is better off and it may very well save his life in the future. Thank you both.

I've been on this for the longest time. The Pentagon is trying to claim that the Dancing Boys are a cultural issue. It's not.

Straight out it is a sex slave trade. Little boys raped continually by Afghanistans with wealth or power or both.

That we condone this by looking the other way makes me want to bazooka barf.

I've been on this for the longest time. The Pentagon is trying to claim that the Dancing Boys are a cultural issue. It's not.

Straight out it is a sex slave trade. Little boys raped continually by Afghanistans with wealth or power or both.

We watch one of the links you put up for the documentary, thank you Tiny Dancer. It was very sad yet very informative.

We watch one of the links you put up for the documentary, thank you Tiny Dancer. It was very sad yet very informative.

Long before AQ and 9/11 I was alerted to a human rights issue in Afghanistan. I know I don't fit the profile because I'm conservative on so many issues but I believe and have believed a voice can make a difference.

When I first tackled the Taliban I was met with great resistance as the Taliban were financed and backed by Benazir Bhutto. A supposed ally. Coming across the Dancing Boys made my head spin faster than Linda Blair in the Exorcist.

The Taliban was supposedly going to rid Afghanistan of the unholy.

Nope. Give them enough money and sex slavery was rampant. And it has not stopped.

Just came back in from running Raven. What I don't understand at all is NATO turning a blind eye to the sex trade in little boys. This is not an Obama bashing moment for me. I've been on this since the mid 90's.

These are NATO bases. My heart breaks because not only is it pedophilia but truly sex slavery. Vicious sex slavery. Children chained to beds on American bases and our soldiers are told to look away.

The USA needs to withdraw from Afghanistan.

You know Jake one of the reasons apres 9/11 I hoped that we could make a difference so I backed that war and nation building. I'd already committed myself on the human rights factor.

Actively. No different than how I rocked on fighting for other human rights issues in the ME. There was this woman. Zahra. A heroine of mine. They tortured her to death and killed her.

This woman was so beautiful and wonderful. But if you push hard enough justice can come about. It was a very long battle but worth all the tears. All the pain.

Zahra_Kazemi_before_arrest.jpg

Her name was Zahra. Zahra Kazemi.

I don't know what to say about Dancing Boys except I know about them and I tried long before I entered the USMB room to help them. I always feel I'm in a losing battle. But I'd rather be out there on the front lines trying.

Maybe we should just get out of there. My heart breaks daily. I don't think we can fix it. But surely we should not punish any service member who attempts to stop a rape in progress.

Afghan President Ghani setting a no-tolerance policy...

Ghani promises crackdown on Afghan child sexual abuse
Sept. 24, 2015 - Ghani's comments came after reports U.S. troops in the country were ordered to ignore incidents they witnessed.
Afghanistan's government will work to eradicate the practice of child sexual abuse, President Ashraf Ghani said after reports U.S. troops in the country were ordered to ignore incidents they witnessed. "Six-year-, 8-year-, 10-year-olds are raped, and I'm not going to tolerate this," Ghani said in Kabul in a video conference interview Wednesday. "To the extent to which the authority of the state can be harnessed to this task, we are going to focus on it and not permit it. The laws, culture and religious values of the people of Afghanistan recognize sexual abuse of children as one of the severest crimes and violations of human rights. "We will take action, ranging from removing people from the security forces to introducing them to the courts," he said. "The larger cultural dynamic needs time."

Ghani-promises-crackdown-on-Afghan-child-sexual-abuse.jpg

Afghanistan President Ashram Ghani promised to crack down on the practice of sexual abuse of boys in his country after U.S. troops claimed they were ordered to keep silent about the practice.

Sexual abuse of boys, among Afghanistan's wealthy and prominent classes of men, is a widespread practice and a target for human rights groups, The New York Times reported. The practice, banned while the Taliban was in power in Afghanistan, is common among Afghan military commanders and recently received global attention after returning U.S. troops pointed out the unofficial policy was to try to ignore it.

Gen. John Campbell, leader of the U.S.-led coalition, has denied there is a policy of ignoring examples of child abuse on Afghan military bases, saying in a statement, "I want to make absolutely clear that any sexual abuse or similar mistreatment of others, no matter the alleged perpetrator or victim, is completely unacceptable and reprehensible."

Ghani promises crackdown on Afghan child sexual abuse

why have the country's leaders failed those that serve in the military?

Sometimes doing the right thing In the military is frowned upon.

These Afghani's are Muslims and I thought being gay was a sin in their eyes. Guess as long as it them raping a child its okay.

As for the Green Beret?? That man has served his country in special forces and no way should he be kicked out for doing the right thing even though they were all told to look the other way.

Unbelievable doesn't even come close.

why have the country's leaders failed those that serve in the military?

Sometimes doing the right thing In the military is frowned upon.

These Afghani's are Muslims and I thought being gay was a sin in their eyes. Guess as long as it them raping a child its okay.

As for the Green Beret?? That man has served his country in special forces and no way should he be kicked out for doing the right thing even though they were all told to look the other way.

Unbelievable doesn't even come close.
The Almighty's judgment will be severe upon so many of us, unsuspecting. (if not now, THEN)

Our govt (not just loser barack) is full of cowards and self serving politicians. Our own people (me included) like to turn a blind eye too when things heat up.

I'm a bit worried. What a crime and a disgrace to treat one of our brave soldiers in such a way.

As disgusting as this practice is over there, the unfortunate truth is that this is a case of the green beret taking justice into his own hands and getting in trouble for it, is it not?

I personally don't think that /our/ boys should have to "put up" with jack shit over there. If these types are sharing camp with our soldier's then they should follow "our rules" in those camps (that I guarantee you we set up and/or pay for.) This is shit our boys shouldn't have to deal with, they're dealing with enough crap already. No, we're not there to change their fucked up culture, but those fucks can at least show the common cursory of showing our boys some level of respect and keep that shit American's find highly offensive out of their barracks. I just can't believe that their government wouldn't be willing to make such a small fucking compromise for "co-existence," the sad part is I don't think /our/ side "bothered" to fucking ask for said minor compromise...

Liberals are totally fucking up our Society. In the news is a boys who punches a bully who knocked a blind kid to the ground. He gets suspended by the school. Incredible!

Forum List

Back