New Benghazi E-mails Link White House to Doctoring of Talking Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in:

To only add fuel to the Benghazi fire, the Obama Administration is under even more scrutiny for supposedly sending different versions of recently released e-mails to congress and conservative watchdog, Judicial Watch. Congress is now alleging that the Obama Administration is now purposefully withholding crucial documents from a congressional investigation. Be reminded folks, impeding a congressional inquiry is a criminal offense. As seen below, officials in the Administration could face up to 5 years in prison for such withholding of documents:

18 U.S. Code § 1505

Discrepancies between Benghazi emails released to Congress, watchdog group | Fox News

Benghazi Syndrome on steroids.:eusa_whistle:

And it will get even worse as the election gets closer.

Its all they've got.

Oh, we have Obamacare, Benghazi, Keystone, Harry Reid... the list goes on my friend. And what do you got?

"If you hate Hillary, you hate women!"

Spare me.

Leon Panetta Violated NDAA, Changed Benghazi Sp Forces Mission Without Chris Stevens MANDATED Approval

Gregory Hicks was the Deputy Chief of Mission on the ground in Tripoli the night of September 11, 2012 when our Benghazi
Gregory Hicks

compound and the secret CIA Annex was attacked. In January 2014, Hicks hit back against those blaming Ambassador Chris Stevens for his own death. He refers to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence report, saying that the Committee interviewed him professionally and thoroughly, but the information below, on why Chris Stevens was forced to refuse military protection did not make it into the report. Three things of grave importance (full story below):

1) When control was transferred from Stevens to the military under General Carter Ham, our military lost all diplomatic immunity,

2) The NDAA mandated that Chris Stevens had to approve of any change in the special forces mission. Panetta approved it without Steven’s concurrence,

3) In the same week Stevens was told that Ham would take charge, two special forces teams were forced off the road in Libya. They escaped due to training and skill, but the incident forced Stevens to do what he had to do, let Ham withdraw them from the area until some protective agreement with Libya could be reached.
Pull-Out Quote:
Chris’s concern was significant. Transferring authority would immediately strip the special forces team of its diplomatic immunity. Moreover, the U.S. had no status of forces agreement with Libya. He explained to Rear Adm. Charles J. Leidig that if a member of the special forces team used weapons to protect U.S. facilities, personnel or themselves, he would be subject to Libyan law. The law would be administered by judges appointed to the bench by Moammar Gadhafi or, worse, tribal judges. ~ Gregory Hicks

The report states that retired Gen. Carter Ham, then-commander of the U.S. Africa Command (Africom) headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany, twice offered to “sustain” the special forces security team in Tripoli and that Chris twice “declined.” Since Chris cannot speak, I want to explain the reasons and timing for his responses to Gen. Ham. As the deputy chief of mission, I was kept informed by Chris or was present throughout the process.
On Aug. 1, 2012, the day after I arrived in Tripoli, Chris invited me to a video conference with Africom to discuss changing the mission of the U.S. Special Forces from protecting the U.S. Embassy and its personnel to training Libyan forces. This change in mission would result in the transfer of authority over the unit in Tripoli from Chris to Gen. Ham. In other words, the special forces would report to the Defense Department, not State.
Chris wanted the decision postponed but could not say so directly. Chris had requested on July 9 by cable that Washington provide a minimum of 13 American security professionals for Libya over and above the diplomatic security complement of eight assigned to Tripoli and Benghazi. On July 11, the Defense Department, apparently in response to Chris’s request, offered to extend the special forces mission to protect the U.S. Embassy.
However, on July 13, State Department Undersecretary Patrick Kennedy refused the Defense Department offer and thus Chris’s July 9 request. His rationale was that Libyan guards would be hired to take over this responsibility. Because of Mr. Kennedy’s refusal, Chris had to use diplomatic language at the video conference, such as expressing “reservations” about the transfer of authority…
During that video conference, Chris stressed that the only way to mitigate the risk was to ensure that U.S. military personnel serving in Libya would have diplomatic immunity, which should be done prior to any change of authority…
Chris understood the importance of the special forces team to the security of our embassy personnel. He believed that by explaining his concerns, the Defense Department would postpone the decision so he could have time to work with the Libyan government and get diplomatic immunity for the special forces.
According to the National Defense Authorization Act, the Defense Department needed Chris’s concurrence to change the special forces mission. But soon after the Aug. 1 meeting, and as a complete surprise to us at the embassy, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta signed the order without Chris’s concurrence…
When I arrived in Tripoli on July 31, we had over 30 security personnel, from the State Department and the U.S. military, assigned to protect the diplomatic mission to Libya. All were under the ambassador’s authority. On Sept. 11, we had only nine diplomatic security agents under Chris’s authority to protect our diplomatic personnel in Tripoli and Benghazi…
To sum up: Chris Stevens was not responsible for the reduction in security personnel. His requests for additional security were denied or ignored. Officials at the State and Defense Departments in Washington made the decisions that resulted in reduced security. Sen. Lindsey Graham stated on the Senate floor last week that Chris “was in Benghazi because that is where he was supposed to be doing what America wanted him to do: Try to hold Libya together.” He added, “Quit blaming the dead guy.”
Mr. Hicks served as Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli from July 31 to Dec. 7, 2012. Read the entire story at WSJ

Leon Panetta Violated NDAA, Changed Benghazi Sp Forces Mission Without Chris Stevens MANDATED Approval | Maggie's Notebook

CARBINE!

There's your answer.

That's simply false. He was talking ABOUT Benghazi just before he referenced acts of terror.

It's called context. Look it up.

It's called spin, and you're quite good at it. Crowley admitted she was wrong, and Obama never referred to Benghazi as an "act of terror." She was promptly forced to apologize for interjecting herself into a presidential debate.

No, Carbine, what you said is 'simply false.'

If we pressed Obama really hard on his claiming there was 58 states some dickwad in the White House would try to prove he was correct.

Its all they've got.

No, there's the shitty economy, the Ukrainian disaster, the Iran disaster, the North Korea disaster, the middle east disaster, the Obamacare disaster, and probably a few more shit sandwiches getting ready to be served up before November.
What do the Dems have? The phony war on women meme, the phony war on the middle class meme, the phony war on Blacks meme.
Dems are big phonies.

Its all they've got.

No, there's the shitty economy, the Ukrainian disaster, the Iran disaster, the North Korea disaster, the middle east disaster, the Obamacare disaster, and probably a few more shit sandwiches getting ready to be served up before November.
What do the Dems have? The phony war on women meme, the phony war on the middle class meme, the phony war on Blacks meme.
Dems are big phonies.

Don't forget the IRS, BLM, EPA, OSHA, FEMA, SEIU, FDA, NSA, ABC, ATF, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NYT and all of the rest of the corrupt folks involved in this mess.

Last edited:
Sorry, Obama gave the order to surge into Afghanistan. Bush had practically pulled everyone out. Most of the fighting in Afghanistan was Special Forces and the Northern Alliance, not all of the units Obama put there. Bush almost completely pulled everyone out of Afghanistan when he went into Iraq.

The WSJ posted a story about Obama ordering the surge but strangely it isn't available anymore.......I wonder.....Obama Bets Big on Troop Surge - WSJ.com

This is the USAToday story about Obama's Afghanistan policy, not the Bush policy: Gates: Obama lost faith in his Afghanistan policy

Thank you cuz!

Whats Obama at now?

He's talking about stiff consequences through rough sanctions.

Cross this line, I dare you!!!!

Okay, you crossed that line, but this line here, don't you dare cross this one, this one I swear will result in consequences!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cf4O-hUg78"]Bugs Bunny (Crossing the Line) - YouTube[/ame]

If Obama's FDA fucked up and allowed poison to get into baby food and knew about it, but invented a story they didn't know when 4 babies were killed from the tainted food.....you would stupid fuck liberals defend your black messiah????

But that's not what happened. Apples and oranges and all that...

^^^ Deluded Moonbat ^^^

Clinton was impeached for LYING and ABUSE OF POWER.

deluded rightwingnut. clinton was impeached for a blue dress

It was for a sloppy blow job, come on HillBillyJilly, you should know all about sloppy blow jobs!

Now, now, just because all yet can get are stick books and Mrs Palmer and her five daughters to do you're dirty work for you....you almost sound jealous.

1776 looks like he likes getting down and dirty...if you say 'please' he might....

That's the number of military dead since Obama became president. Most of them in Afghanistan.

Ever hear about it from the media?

Rarely.

Why would they report it? Most of us have become immune to Iraq and Afghanistan. Almost on nobody's radar. But as I stated, Obama didnt' start it. It had been going five years before he was elected. He was in a lose-lose situation with the wingnuts. Leave, and they call it ''cut and run". Stay, and suddenly the wars are his fault. Couldn't make this shit up.....

Yanks and their partisanship when it comes to politics borders on the insane....

That's the number of military dead since Obama became president. Most of them in Afghanistan.

Rarely.

Why would they report it? Most of us have become immune to Iraq and Afghanistan. Almost on nobody's radar. But as I stated, Obama didnt' start it. It had been going five years before he was elected. He was in a lose-lose situation with the wingnuts. Leave, and they call it ''cut and run". Stay, and suddenly the wars are his fault. Couldn't make this shit up.....

Yanks and their partisanship when it comes to politics borders on the insane....

Cindy Sheehan was camped out at W's ranch in Texas protesting the war when he was running it and we had some 35,000 troops in Afghanistan...yet when Obama increased those troop levels to over 90,000 there wasn't a fucking peep from the Left and liberals left Cindy Sheehan high and dry. Gee, imagine that! "Yeah, sorry...Cindy but we don't want you protesting at the White House now 'cause Bush is gone and we don't do things like that to Barry!"

Follow your convictions. If Obama really wouldn't have taken us to war following 9/11 then he shouldn't be upping troop levels in Afghanistan later on. If he's going to accept the Nobel Peace Prize for simply showing up at the Oval Office then one wonders why his foreign policy as President wasn't the same as he said it would be when he was in the Illinois State Senate? Stand up guys talk the talk and walk the walk. Barack Obama says whatever he thinks will get him elected even if he knows it's total bullshit.

Since the OP was about emails linking the Obama White House to the doctoring of talking points it's hard to see how the "fat lady has sung", Carbineer. It seems like the orchestra is tuning their instruments and the curtain is about to rise. Obama was successful at stonewalling this investigation until after HE was reelected...but at some point in time the truth WILL come out.

i am wondering how you "doctor" talking points, exactly.

They were talking points. Different departments gave input on what message they want to convey.

Hey, remember when you wingnuts had Lara Logan prove Obama left those men to die.

Whatever happened to her, anyway?

Doctoring is changing key words to change the context of the talking points.

Jeezus Joe, you really have to reach, don't you?

Context. Thank you. Context.

You know. Like the Context on September 14, 2012 was that there were riots over this video in 30 countries, and yes, we really needed to address that.

That Context.

But in Whacky Wingnut Land, there were 29 Riots over the video,and one carefully planned Al Qaeda Attack that the Adminstration was covering up to Make Mitt Romney look like a Douchebag.

Oh, wait. Mitt Romney IS a Douchebag. And a Mormon. But I repeat myself.

[

Rarely.

Obama didn't put those soldiers in Afghanistan.

Bush did.

Now, one could argue whether that was a good strategy. I personally think Afghanistan became a lost cause when Karzai stole the 2009 election.

But your complaint is that Obama played the hand Bush dealt him instead of folding?

Ladies and Gentlmen, I give you full fledged Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Sorry, Obama gave the order to surge into Afghanistan. Bush had practically pulled everyone out. Most of the fighting in Afghanistan was Special Forces and the Northern Alliance, not all of the units Obama put there. Bush almost completely pulled everyone out of Afghanistan when he went into Iraq.

The WSJ posted a story about Obama ordering the surge but strangely it isn't available anymore.......I wonder

]Gates: Obama lost faith in his Afghanistan policy[/url]

Yes, Bush pulled out of Afghanistan at a point where it MIGHT have been winnable because he had to avenge his Pappy in Iraq and Halliburton needed those oil contracts. Oh, yeah, and the Zionists wanted Saddam Gone.

Now, I do think Obama painted himself into a rhetorical corner by trying to claim Afghanistan was the "Necessary War" while Iraq was the "War of Choice".

Here's the real problem with Afghanistan that no one wants to discuss. If you had a fair and free election, the Taliban would win. Yes, they are backwards assholes from the 12th century, but that's kind of where those folks are at. Instead, we kept trying to prop up Karzai, who was corrupt and incompentent.

I recently did a resume for a fellow who had just returned from there, and he had an interesting observation. People who live in mountains, whether it be inthis country or over there, live in mountains because they DON'T want to be around other people.

And come on Joe if any war was a righteous war it was beating the shit out of AQ camps in Afghanistan.

Okay, but that was all said and done in 2002.

Why are we still there in 2014? There's really no good reason. I guess maybe to give them a stable government so that place doesn't become a breeding ground for that sort of thing again, but then we shouldn't have shifted to a completely unneeded war in Iraq.

This is the point I was trying to convey. If we had finished the job in Afghanistan in 2003, when we had the Taliban on the ropes, when there was a certain amount of goodwill towards us, and we set up people there who were honest, we wouldn't have had a problem.

Instead, we shifted most of our forces to Iraq, we turned a blind eye to what Pakistan was doing over there. (Hiding Bin Laden, rearming the Taliban) and we managed to snatch defeat from the Jaws of Victory.

Oh, wait, but Obama's to blame for trying to fix Bush's mess.

Follow your convictions. If Obama really wouldn't have taken us to war following 9/11 then he shouldn't be upping troop levels in Afghanistan later on. If he's going to accept the Nobel Peace Prize for simply showing up at the Oval Office then one wonders why his foreign policy as President wasn't the same as he said it would be when he was in the Illinois State Senate? Stand up guys talk the talk and walk the walk. Barack Obama says whatever he thinks will get him elected even if he knows it's total bullshit.

The thing was, Obama never had an argument with going into Afghanistan, except for the fact that Bush fucked the strategy up. (Oh, was there anything Bush didn't fuck up? ANything? Buehler? Buehler?) He had a big problem going into Iraq, given that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, didn't have WMD's, wasn't really a threat to anyone with it's dilapetaded army that couldn't even hold the country together.

"I wouldn't fuck it up the way Bush did" was his position in the IL Senate. And guess what, he said those things when Bush had a 70% approval rating and everyone (including me) thought taking out Saddam was a nifty idea.

"Bush fucked it up, now how do I fix it?" is the plate that was set for him in 2009. Yeah, it would have been nice had it not been messed up that way. But that's what you have to deal with.

Final point. What we REALLY need to do is entirely wash our hands of the middle east. Including those idiots in the Zionist Entity. Especially the Zionists. But given the influence the oil companies and the Zionists have in our government, that ain't gonna happen any time soon.

[

The yellowcake, according to snopes was guarded by U.N. Inspectors, and we KNOW that all U.N. inspectors were pulled out of Iraq a few days before the war started, leaving ALL THAT YELLOWCAKE UNGUARDED, and some of it was actually pilfered by nearby townspeople! Even YOU aren't dumb enough to claim UNGUARDED YELLOWCAKE, the material essential to make nuclear bombs, was present in Iraq!

The tons of nuke material we found doesn't mean Saddam was planning on doing what Iran is doing today.

Nope, never.

We didn't find it, we always knew it was there, and it was in the same state it was in in 1991, when the UN tagged it.

And in the 12 years after the Gulf War, Saddam had done exactly- nothing- with it, because the UN had taken all of his centrifuges and other processing equipment.

And come on Joe if any war was a righteous war it was beating the shit out of AQ camps in Afghanistan.

These libs have a pattern of taking credit for everything good that happens and refusing to take blame for anything bad that happens.

Um, no, HUMANS have a pattern of doing that.

[
They do this because their corrupt media carries their water for them. Articles: What Difference at this point Does It Make?

Ah, blaming the media.

Hey, guy, here's the thing. I didn't vote for Obama this time because of Benghazi.

I voted for him because Romney was preaching the same kind of "I've got mine, fuck you" s hit the GOP has been preaching for years that wrecked our economy in 2008. It's like 2008 happened, and you guys didn't learn shit from it.

Or you think it happened because Jimmy Carter let poor people buy houses back in the 1970's.

That, and Romney was a Mormon, and I don't trust the MOrmons because they are a weird-ass cult. Which is what m ost of you thought on the right in 2008, but that was before we got a Negro in the White HOuse. Then suddenly you wingnuts loved you some Mormons. They weren't heretics at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back