DirectTV or DISH Network?

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I really want to drop Comcast. What has been your experience with these two satellite options?

Thanks in advance.

I just wish I could pick and pay for only the channels I want.
Who needs 15 shopping channels and about the same number of religious ones?

No argument with you there.

Being an old white fart, I also have no interest in the variations on BET or MTV.

Being male, I would rather stick a fork in my eye than pay for the victim TV networks...er Oxygen, Lifetime, or Lifetime Movies

Being an old white fart, I also have no interest in the variations on BET or MTV.

Being male, I would rather stick a fork in my eye than pay for the victim TV networks...er Oxygen, Lifetime, or Lifetime Movies
I would pay extra for a channel where I can watch people stick forks in their eyes!
multi.gif

I appreciate the replies so far, but is there no love for DISH?

Anyone?

I really want to drop Comcast. What has been your experience with these two satellite options?

Thanks in advance.

I don't really watch TV, but I will begin to watch again on 5th January 2011.
A high profile Telenovela will start, "The magnificient century".
It's about the love-story between Roxelana and Suleyman.

I mention it, because you have that signature and seem to understand this language it will air out.

It will begin on 5th January on Show TV.
It will air multiple seasons.

Trailer with English subtitles:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ5cKgcsXuk[/ame]

Thanks in advance.

I don't really watch TV, but I will begin to watch again on 5th January 2011.
A high profile Telenovela will start, "The magnificient century".
It's about the love-story between Roxelana and Suleyman.

I mention it, because you have that signature and seem to understand this language it will air out.

It will begin on 5th January on Show TV.
It will air multiple seasons.

Trailer with English subtitles:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ5cKgcsXuk[/ame]
You do recognize that quote in my sigline, right? It's from the greatest man of the 20th century, and probably of the millenium.

I've had both dish and directv. Between the 2, I prefer directv. The user interface is nicer and the customer service is better IMO.

This is shaping up to be a blowout. I really don't care about the NFL, so that's not a concern. But my Comcast is pushing $150 per month, for TV and internet. I just want to have the channels I normally watch, plus HBO and maybe Showtime.

This is shaping up to be a blowout. I really don't care about the NFL, so that's not a concern. But my Comcast is pushing $150 per month, for TV and internet. I just want to have the channels I normally watch, plus HBO and maybe Showtime.

In my experience, having both, the channel lineup packages are about the same and the price is about the same. I just like the user interface and the logical layout of the channels better on DirecTV.

I pay roughly $75 per month for 2 dvr receivers with the package that has everything except the premiums (HBO, Showtime, etc). I would dump down the package I have to a more basic one, but my wife likes Discovery Health, Oxygen, etc.

Then I pay $15 per month for internet through ATT. So a total of $90 per month.

Synth...i had the Dish for a long time never had any problems and they had good customer service.....now since i had AT&T phone and Cell phone service along with their internet....and never had a problem there....i dropped the Dish for U-VERSE TV.....and so far ....Great....and even the HD looks better.....when i had Time-Warner Cable i had nothing but Customer Service problems.....

Last edited:

Does WE ever have anything upbeat on there?
I call it the misery channel.

Does WE ever have anything upbeat on there?
I call it the misery channel.

WE aka The Patty Duke Great Grandmother Crime Fighter Channel.
Where 9 times a day, Patty Duke, portraying a soft spoken geriatric, retrieves lost children, pursues vicious felonious former sons in law, and brings to justice pimps, murderers, and all around bad guys, while the FBI and local leos stand by oblivious to the evil that surrounds them.

I usually go rake leaves in the dark or post a lot on message boards when that shit is on.

I've had both dish and directv. Between the 2, I prefer directv. The user interface is nicer and the customer service is better IMO.

Agreed, they are much better. Another reason we went to Drectv was that we picked up a couple of local channels and Boom (old cartoons) that aren't available (or weren't when we made the switch) on Dish.

Forum List

Back