Direct TV

We tried Direct TV. Damn thing stopped working after a week. They sent a tech out a week later and he told us they never should have installed it in our location. I cancelled service, and they wouldn't come take their big ass antenna away. Still stuck with that piece of junk in my back yard. We decided to go with a streaming service instead of going back to cable.

I have looked at them in the past. The hitch in my giddy up with those is that to get that one PBS station I watch religiously isn't on any of them so I would have to pay an additional $60/year for access to a limited amount of programming online and the others would require me to buy more expensive plans just for the occasional time too many people in my house would have TV's running simultaneously. If it were just me, I otherwise would do away with TV completely.
Surely an antenna would pick up the PBS station. My son and I live together and we cut the cord five years ago it was a waste of time and money on redundancy..

Surely it does not.....not this one. Digital antennas do not work well in our area anyway as we only have 1 close by broadcast station. The rest are fairly far away and there are lots of hills between us and the ones to the north. The ones to the south are about as bad. This particular station is a one-off station from the PBS system in another state. We are way to far away from its over the air broadcasters to get it. We could get their primary channel (but am told it freezes a lot) but not the one I watch
That is also a variable I took it for granted you lived in town. The closest station by me is forty miles away.

I do live in a village by a city that simply has no TV stations LOL. Since we are in an overlap area on a state line, we actually used to get two of each network--one from each state. You could usually get one of each at least, plus a few odds and ends on just the little antennae on TV's (perhaps with a clotheshanger and aluminum foil stuck on top after you broke the end off by accident. Digital conversion however really landed hard on this area in that regard. The only people who seem to be able to get half way service have to erect really tall poles and most of them live outside the city. There seems to be a lot of electronic interference (all the cell towers perhaps, not sure) in town affecting digital.
In the 1990's when I lived in town I did have one of the new small dish satellite you installed yourself and antenna on a 15 foot pole with a motor to rotate.

I thought with Direct they just fixed it to a point and that was it.

Surely an antenna would pick up the PBS station. My son and I live together and we cut the cord five years ago it was a waste of time and money on redundancy..

Surely it does not.....not this one. Digital antennas do not work well in our area anyway as we only have 1 close by broadcast station. The rest are fairly far away and there are lots of hills between us and the ones to the north. The ones to the south are about as bad. This particular station is a one-off station from the PBS system in another state. We are way to far away from its over the air broadcasters to get it. We could get their primary channel (but am told it freezes a lot) but not the one I watch
That is also a variable I took it for granted you lived in town. The closest station by me is forty miles away.

I do live in a village by a city that simply has no TV stations LOL. Since we are in an overlap area on a state line, we actually used to get two of each network--one from each state. You could usually get one of each at least, plus a few odds and ends on just the little antennae on TV's (perhaps with a clotheshanger and aluminum foil stuck on top after you broke the end off by accident. Digital conversion however really landed hard on this area in that regard. The only people who seem to be able to get half way service have to erect really tall poles and most of them live outside the city. There seems to be a lot of electronic interference (all the cell towers perhaps, not sure) in town affecting digital.
In the 1990's when I lived in town I did have one of the new small dish satellite you installed yourself and antenna on a 15 foot pole with a motor to rotate.

I thought with Direct they just fixed it to a point and that was it.
Yes they fix it on satellites at the equator, the oval shaped ones are made to pick up to three satellites in orbit...

Forum List

Back