Dinner?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20230423_162937.jpg

Picked up 12 huge legs for 5 bucks. Kids are headed to Nashville to see my ex inlaws so all for me 😆

View attachment 778925

Picked up 12 huge legs for 5 bucks. Kids are headed to Nashville to see my ex inlaws so all for me 😆
Discovered a steak that I'd never seen at Costco last month. It is a USDA Prime ribeye cap steak. It is the best steak that I've had in over ten years. I keep my eye out for them every time I go there now. That's what is on the menu tonight. Delicious and the price is not completely out of hand although they are not giving them away.

• Banned
Discovered a steak that I'd never seen at Costco last month. It is a USDA Prime ribeye cap steak. It is the best steak that I've had in over ten years. I keep my eye out for them every time I go there now. That's what is on the menu tonight. Delicious and the price is not completely out of hand although they are not giving them away.
Never heard of that. What cut is it? I only eat Fillet. Can't stand fat & gristle

Hopefully you will be eating more than just 12 drumsticks! I'd carve the meat off the bones then mix the pieces in with a bed of rice and grilled veggies and add a sweet/hot tangy sauce over it all, then complete it with a salad and some chai tea.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/92/2d/4a/922d4a3cbfa3b2d07ec90503ac9f8b4a.jpg

Never heard of that. What cut is it? I only eat Fillet. Can't stand fat & gristle
I'm with you, I've eaten filets almost exclusively for many years for the same reasons. As close as I can describe it, they take the narrow band of meat that surrounds the ribeye and roll it and tie it to make a steak. When you grill it, it remains in steak form after the string is cut. The meat is marbled perfectly making it really tender and the flavor is unsurpassed. I live in the inland NW and the local meat up this way leaves a lot to be desired--this was a very welcome discovery. I found it in the Costco in Kauai in early Mar. and we grilled it up there, it was great. I looked for it at our local Costco and I have found it on two occasions--but never more than one package.

Those are badass!!!
We get em at CostCo.

Forum List

Back