Dinner plans

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Got some extra lean steak stew meat thawed and ready to fry up. Some Szechuan spicy steak sauce, not the hot one I thought it was though called the same, but not bad nonetheless. Got some double fiber bread (hehe,) for toast, some butter, salt and pepper - yummers.

Got some extra lean steak stew meat thawed and ready to fry up. Some Szechuan spicy steak sauce, not the hot one I thought it was though called the same, but not bad nonetheless. Got some double fiber bread (hehe,) for toast, some butter, salt and pepper - yummers.
Ain't no good without hot peppers and cornbread....

I don't feel like cooking tonight.

I'm thinking pizza.

Will prolly just head over to Chuck E. Cheese's here in a bit to hang out with "the gang". :badgrin:

aaronleland
NLT

Heh just finished out my stash of Red Baron's Fire-Baked Pepperonis last night. Bought a bag of mozz, and pepperoni to add a few layers.:)

As frozen pizzas go the fire-baked ones are great, actually soft n chewy.

Sausage and peppers...and absolutely no grain products of any kind.

I wish you lived nearby. I'd give you some purple hall peas - they are from our garden and excellent! Enjoy your dinner, Delta.

If you like cornbread you should try Martha White - white cornbread - not the yellow and use a little buttermilk when you mix it up and when you cook it be sure and put it in a black cast iron skillet with a smidgen of oil rubbed on the bottom of the skillet as this makes a big difference in the taste of the cornbread - also I use the bottom rack first and then when it is half done I move it to the top rack so it gets a nice golden crust on top because I like my cornbread crunchy.

If you are making a winter soup - cornbread is a must - with stew meat I would agree - he needs to make the cornbread but I don't think Delta is a southern man, Moonglow. He probably does not eat grits with his breakfast either. Some folks up north do not even know what grits are! Can you imagine?

If you like cornbread you should try Martha White - white cornbread - not the yellow and use a little buttermilk when you mix it up and when you cook it be sure and put it in a black cast iron skillet with a smidgen of oil rubbed on the bottom of the skillet as this makes a big difference in the taste of the cornbread - also I use the bottom rack first and then when it is half done I move it to the top rack so it gets a nice golden crust on top because I like my cornbread crunchy.

If you are making a winter soup - cornbread is a must - with stew meat I would agree - he needs to make the cornbread but I don't think Delta is a southern man, Moonglow. He probably does not eat grits with his breakfast either. Some folks up north do not even know what grits are! Can you imagine?

We have grits here. I know what they are. But no, I don't eat them. :) Not even hungry anymore...:)

I don't feel like cooking tonight.

I'm thinking pizza.

Will prolly just head over to Chuck E. Cheese's here in a bit to hang out with "the gang". :badgrin:

aaronleland
NLT

Heh just finished out my stash of Red Baron's Fire-Baked Pepperonis last night. Bought a bag of mozz, and pepperoni to add a few layers.:)

As frozen pizzas go the fire-baked ones are great, actually soft n chewy.

I will have to try one of those. That sounds easy enough!

We have grits here. I know what they are. But no, I don't eat them. :) Not even hungry anymore...:)

Did you eat your dinner? I hope I didn't make you lose your appetite talking about the grits - I realize some people do not like them but that is usually because they have no idea how to prepare them correctly! As for the cornbread, have you tried that before? If you do not own a cast iron skillet you'll have to buy yourself one.

Study Links Homosexuality to Eating Grits - The Daily Currant

Scientists at Stanford University released a study today showing that men who regularly eat grits are 70 percent more likely to have gay children.

...Consider the source. ;)

Delta that is ridiculous. My son ate grits and he is not gay. You need to stop reading such nonsense. Gay people are not born gay. It's a choice and one that makes them miserable! Did you know the average life span of a gay male is 43 yrs old? That's it. AIDS is a killer and no where is it doing more devastation than in the gay communities. Now thank God you are not tempted that way and count your blessings. I'll leave you to eat your dinner now. Do not forget to bless it before you eat. Same goes for your drink. You should always ask God to bless everything you eat and drink. Always. THAT will keep your body healthy!

Study Links Homosexuality to Eating Grits - The Daily Currant

Scientists at Stanford University released a study today showing that men who regularly eat grits are 70 percent more likely to have gay children.

...Consider the source. ;)

Delta that is ridiculous. My son ate grits and he is not gay. You need to stop reading such nonsense. Gay people are not born gay. It's a choice and one that makes them miserable! Did you know the average life span of a gay male is 43 yrs old? That's it. AIDS is a killer and no where is it doing more devastation than in the gay communities. Now thank God you are not tempted that way and count your blessings. I'll leave you to eat your dinner now. Do not forget to bless it before you eat. Same goes for your drink. You should always ask God to bless everything you eat and drink. Always. THAT will keep your body healthy!

Hope you didn't spend more than 10 seconds or so writing that. The Daily Currant is a satirical site, not a serious one. :)

Forum List

Back