Dilemma and advice

lol. Not so cute any more. And Ilike my short hair. I can sleep without strangling myself and I don't have to braid. I call it my pixie cut. Not too short....not too long. Just right.

lol. Not so cute any more. And Ilike my short hair. I can sleep without strangling myself and I don't have to braid. I call it my pixie cut. Not too short....not too long. Just right.

Ahhh....pixie cuts! Boy! Am I familiar with those! My mom use to drag my twin sister and I with our naturally curly, unruly hair to the beauty shop to get pixie cuts when our hair even looked like it was growing! Hated those cuts then, love them now, mom knew best, go figure! :razz:

No pets allowed, lilbug.And yes, it is my responsibility to pick up my dogs poo. Unless they are getting free rent. Then dog poo detail is that persons responsibility.
Next roomie wont have to worry about it. During flareups, I will have to it myself regardless. No more free rent. Period. Not even a reduction. I will slap an ad in Craigslist for teenager needed for chores now and then.

Meanwhile, he is moving out TONIGHT. He is going to go mooch off his sister. He is 47 years old, does not own a car, has no job, won't look for a job. Let her support him cuz I'm done trying to help him.
His "thank you" to me was a parting shot out the passenger side window as they drove away? "Since you cut your hair, you look like a dyke".
Isn't that nice?

WTH? He needs his butt kicked. I guess no good deed goes unpunished. Glad he's not your problem anymore. Wow. That stinks.

His old room (which stunk to high heaven of sweat and dirty feet), has been cleaned thoroughly, all the drapes pulled, the carpet cleaned and fan dried, febreezed, the door to outside and the windows opened, the windows cleaned from dirt and dust and the walls scrubbed. It is now the new dining room. The original dining room is going to be turned into a den. It looks fabu in there. And I'm glad he is GONE.
He went to live with his sister. She said she is eager for his help. I laughed and said when his presence hits your wallet, you will have second thoughts. She had no reply to that but did tell her dad she was kind of worried now. And dad told her she had reason to worry. He's a bum. Grace tried and now he's off to your house to mooch off you too. Watch and see.

But he is her problem now. I have that room back!!! Happy dance!

Roommate. He pays his own share of utilities but does not have to pay any rent at all. In exchange for that free rent, he is supposed to do chores I can no longer do...especially when I am in RA flareup mode. Those chores consist of using the pooper scooper every day in the back yard (takes about 2 minutes per day); sweeping the front driveway (about 5 minutes per day), vac'in the hallway and dining room (5 minutes per day but he is only to do it every other day); washing the evening supper dishes every night (other roomies do the cooking and he gets fed..takes about 10 minutes); mow the lawn every two weeks (takes about 15 minutes). That's it.

He has not done his chores. Instead, he is paying the other roommate to do his dishes. I have been picking up the poop, vac'ing when I can and when I can't the other roomie does it.

Meanwhile, he bought a brand new laptop for 495 bucks and signed up for internet service with aol at 11 bucks per month. If he can pay the other roomie to do his chores and afford a pc, he can pay rent.

I told him he has to do his own chores and if he does not do as agreed, he can move out on the first of August or start paying 300 bucks per month.

Am I being unfair? After all, some of the chores are getting done, but I have to rag him to do it or remind him. That is not my job to remind him or have to rag him.

Opinions would be appreciated.

Sounds to me like you let him slide for some period of time regarding his agreed upon chores. If that's true, you gave him and inch and he took the mile. So I'd say you're the author of your own misfortune with this clown, but at least it's come to an end now.

Forum List

Back