City Slicker or Country Type?

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Where do you live? Big city or small town in the country? I wouldn't live in or near NYC for anything. Too many people. I like small towns, myself.

What about you?

I like to think I got the best of both worlds.

I live on the north shore of eastern Suffolk County, Long Island. Small town feel with access to NYC.

• Banned
I, too, would like a big city for medical reasons, but I love being in small towns/villages. The smaller the better.

Live on a gravel road by a wooded area that borders a river. Grew up in the country too. Problem with living out here are the deer and raccoons. Had a nice patch of sweet corn about ready to be picked and a pack of raccoons wiped it out 2 nights ago. No wonder they wear masks!

Live on a gravel road by a wooded area that borders a river. Grew up in the country too. Problem with living out here are the deer and raccoons. Had a nice patch of sweet corn about ready to be picked and a pack of raccoons wiped it out 2 nights ago. No wonder they wear masks!

Chain link fence and razor wire :lol: Should do the trick!

I grew up in a town of 50,000 people. I went off to college in the third largest city in New England, have lived in the second largest city in New England and now live in a piss-ant little shitbox of a town (14,000 people). I'm not sure I'd want to live right in the center of a metropolis (Boston, NYC, LA, Chicago, DFW, etc...) but this little town thing is driving me NUTS.

I'd love to live in a tiny little hamlet town or a village with cobblestone streets with houses that have thatched roofs. I think I was born in the wrong century.
Little House On The Prairie type of town would be cool too.

I grew up in a town of 50,000 people. I went off to college in the third largest city in New England, have lived in the second largest city in New England and now live in a piss-ant little shitbox of a town (14,000 people). I'm not sure I'd want to live right in the center of a metropolis (Boston, NYC, LA, Chicago, DFW, etc...) but this little town thing is driving me NUTS.

you could always live off-center in a metro area

you could always live off-center in a metro area

True. Though more than likely I'll always end up in the suburbs because they're generally more friendly locations to people who like their privacy, their pets, and their firearms.

really? you need to get out and explore more of the cities.:cool:

burbs are bedroom communities. I'd rather and have gone to the country or desert or hills instead of a burb

really? you need to get out and explore more of the cities.:cool:

burbs are bedroom communities. I'd rather and have gone to the country or desert or hills instead of a burb

Let's look at the three Major Cities in Massachusetts..... Boston, Worcester, and Springfield. None of them will issue a Class A CCW permit to any citizen. Immediate non-starter for me living there.

At the other end of the spectrum, I have certain interests and medical needs that aren't generally capable of being met way out in the sticks.

So I generally figure on ending up in a suburban area outside of a reasonably sized City to meet my interests, desires, and needs.

Forum List

Back