Digital necromancy: The growing business of resurrecting dead stars

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
51148038_303.jpg

They're back! Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia in the Star Wars films, James Dean in a Vietnam War epic, or Amy Winehouse touring as a hologram. But is it always a good idea to digitally resurrect dead celebrities?

Right out of the grave onto your movie or massive TV screen. There are 10 pictures of them here. And they brought back James Dean!

Read about it @ Digital necromancy: The growing business of resurrecting dead stars | DW | 17.12.2019

Makes me wonder. Will big-name actors now film stuff that can be used after they croak?

I do admire the applied technology, but admiring an actor because his ability to fake being somebody else it has also a limit.

To me, the industry of entertainment is necessary for bringing moments of relaxation and distraction, but from here the creation of a world where fakers (actors) become "important", that is peanuts.

If people think about it, the world runs "perfect" without those fakers. You can live without them, but they surely need you.

It is the industry of entertainment the one which promotes them as gods in order to make more profit.

The use of the word "resurrection" in this case, is the way to keep the "god alike" fantasy alive. The current technology is just making better special effects "video games" style. That's all.

Forum List

Back