Diebold officials admit actual vote rigging

so basically, there's no way to avoid voter fraud?
no, but, there is no system that is fraud proof
it comes down to the actual people running the elections

best answer, get involved with your local election board
whats should be a tuip off, is where the "problems occure"
in democrat controled areas

no, but, there is no system that is fraud proof
it comes down to the actual people running the elections

best answer, get involved with your local election board
whats should be a tuip off, is where the "problems occure"
in democrat controled areas

Another tipoff are that patches seem to be necessary in democratic areas moreso than republican.

Another tipoff are that patches seem to be necessary in democratic areas moreso than republican.
because that was where they were having "problems"
the squeeky wheel gets the grease

you have a computer, have you ever installed a patch that didnt fix the problem?
i sure have
not all "patches" will always fix the problem
welcome to the world of computers

Last edited:
sorry, utter nonsense is a waste of time to attempt to rebut

Fine with me.

Here's a recent fun little bugaboo. You don't get these with paperballot boxes:

The District of Columbia has witnessed yet another triumph of electronic voting this week, when a computer malfunction inflated records of write-in votes in the city's Tuesday primary elections by insane amounts:

D.C. election officials blamed a defective computer memory cartridge yesterday for producing what appeared to be thousands of write-in votes that officials say did not exist.... For example, in the Republican at-large race, 1,560 write-ins at 9:50 p.m. dwindled to 18 by 12:16 a.m. The problem also added thousands of votes to individual candidates, inflating vote totals. At 9:50 p.m. 8,246 ballots were recorded cast in the at-large Republican primary, but that shrank to 3,735 by 12:16 a.m.

Hmm. This time around, the malfunction was caught and corrected. But how it happened remains something of a mystery. The firm that supplied D.C.'s voting machines, Sequoia Voting Systems, says that its database and software functioned just fine, so something else must have gone wrong:

Instead, the company pointed to possible static discharge or other scenarios, including the possibility of human error.

Could be. But that's what concerns me. A voting system should not be susceptible to math errors this large because of minor goofs like, say, somebody dragging their feet on the carpet and picking up too much static that zaps a memory card when they pick it up.

Fine with me.

Here's a recent fun little bugaboo. You don't get these with paperballot boxes:
hey, not diebold
LOL
i'm not one of the ones wanting these machines in the first place
but to claim it is some huge conspiracy to steal the election is ridiculous

but i gotta tell ya, with all the problems they are having with these machines, how come no one seems worried about the ATM's?
ya know the SAME companies make them too

Last edited:
Ya, and you tell me -

If an ATM switches your account are you going to notice on your next statement, and raise hell?

If an electronic machine switches your vote .... you won't get a statement.

You are basically making my point for me. Making a machine that can COUNT is insanely easy. That Diebold admits its voting code can't even count should stink to high heaven to you.

Yes, we should have stayed with what we had.

When you say that Democrats wanted machines (which coincidentally, I don't ever remember being a rallying cry for Democrats), that is not really accurate. Democrats wanted a means to make sure that votes were counted accurately. No Democrat wanted to swap a faulty system for a system that is also faulty. You are confusing form with substance.

No we are not. The hew and cry was for machines so that paper ballots would no longer occur, no more punch holes and chad, no more butterfly ballot. The democrats DEMANDED new machines, electronic machines and they got them.

Last I checked local boards and States decide what machines to use, are you claiming only republicans bought the machines?

Oh and I have said all along that they are all bad, they all have been shown to be easily corruptible. I usually pick on Diebold because they have name recognition but Sequoia and ES&S are just as bad, and so is Hart Intercivic.

I live in a fantasy world for believing politicians are corrupt and opportunistic???? Surely the fantasy world belongs to those who believe politicians do not lie cheat and steal.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

The story says what the headline says, Diebold technicians claim the vote was rigged.

Your last sentence is a LIE, Be so kind as to quote from your article where anyone said the vote was rigged. Put up or shut up.

Diebold Vote Company Whistleblower and GOP Cyber Security Expert Both State That Chambliss Senate Race Was Rigged

This is the headline.

Oh and I have said all along that they are all bad, they all have been shown to be easily corruptible. I usually pick on Diebold because they have name recognition but Sequoia and ES&S are just as bad, and so is Hart Intercivic.
optical scan ballots are likely the best
they still leave a paper trail and are fast to count
the only problem comes when idiots vote and cant follow instructions

that was the main problem in FL in 2000, not the ballots themselves, but the morons in the democratics districts messed them up
then there was this huge outcry for electronic ballots that would be easier to use and some even wanted internet voting(NO F'n WAY i go for that)

I never said anyone "confessed," except that DIEBOLD (the manufacturer) confesses their code drops votes.

I said that technicians claim it was rigged. They said that their supervisor or president of the company or something told them to install a patch for a problem that did not exist.

Here is more of the article:

Stephen Spoonamore, a cyber security expert and lifelong Republican, has also stated that he believes that the 2002Georgia Senate race was rigged in favor of Chambliss. "If you look at the case of Saxby Chambliss, that's ridiculous. The man was not elected. He lost that election by five points. Max Cleland won. They flipped the votes, clear as day," Spoon said in another exclusive interview posted on YouTube by VR at YouTube - Velvet Revolution Interviews Stephen Spoonamore (segment 3).

VR has been working with whistleblowers who have stated that the GOP, under the direction of Karl Rove, has been using computers to change election results. In order to protect the 2008 election from such manipulations, a federal lawsuit is being pursued inOhio to take depositions from those who have been implicated in this illegal strategy. Complete coverage of this suit is a VELVETREVOLUTION.US : Protect Elections, Prosecute Rove.

I never said anyone "confessed," except that DIEBOLD (the manufacturer) confesses their code drops votes.

I said that technicians claim it was rigged. They said that their supervisor or president of the company or something told them to install a patch for a problem that did not exist.

Here is more of the article:

Not a single Technician says THEY fixed votes. You can not support your claim.

Forum List

Back