Did the NY Times Just Get Obama Fired ?

OMG some talking head wrote a negative article on our president? Oh, hold on a minute, this man had been our president for going on four years now and guess what, we're out of Iraq, DADT is gone, and one of the great accomplishment of this century or any century in America has passed, the ACA. Maybe the man is just jealous? You think? Oh and guess when bin Laden was finally captured and executed?

Forbes also ran this: 'Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama?'

Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes

Let me point out that Clean Debate somehow implies that you debate.

This article was written by someone at the NYTimes....Forbes just carried it.

Next...all the rest is not connected to the assertions at hand.

ACA was not and is not popular. It was a sellout and in direct conflict with our constitution.

So, you might try and understand what debate means before you post in this forum again.

I am so looking forward to this.

Woodward

Arrogant, aloof, and unprepared is how Bob Woodward portrays President Obama in his new book The Price of Politics, set to be released next week.

The book recounts Obama’s troubled relationship with Congress, from his inauguration through last summer’s failed debt-limit negotiations, with Woodward concluding, “It is a fact that President Obama was handed a miserable, faltering economy and faced a recalcitrant Republican opposition. But presidents work their will — or should work their will — on important matters of national business. . . . Obama has not.”

Woodward

Arrogant, aloof, and unprepared is how Bob Woodward portrays President Obama in his new book The Price of Politics, set to be released next week.

The book recounts Obama’s troubled relationship with Congress, from his inauguration through last summer’s failed debt-limit negotiations, with Woodward concluding, “It is a fact that President Obama was handed a miserable, faltering economy and faced a recalcitrant Republican opposition. But presidents work their will — or should work their will — on important matters of national business. . . . Obama has not.”

No, because all his life people did things because they thought he deserved it because he was Black. Or because he was going to be president. He had no need to work with people who disagreed with him.
Now as president he didnt have that luxury. But instead of finding a middle ground, or even adopting his opponents views and using them, ala Bill Clinton, he just ploughs ahead and gets his ass handed to him.
The most failed president since idi Amin.

Make that two. I ordered it after reading reviews on two other books on the O with similar themes. But neither has the reputation of Woodward so I'll spend my $$ on his book.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/08/b...tics-by-bob-woodward.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Mr. Woodward provides a dramatic account of the angry phone call in which Mr. Boehner told Mr. Obama that the deal was off. Mr. Woodward writes that Rob Nabors, a White House official, remembers the usually cool president gripping the phone so tightly that it looked as if it might break, displaying what Mr. Woodward calls “a flash of pure fury.”

Mr. Boehner tells Mr. Woodward, “He was spewing coals.” This is what Mr. Boehner said he told the president: “I’d put revenue on there if we had real changes in entitlement programs. Every time we get there, you and I agree; all of a sudden you guys keep backing up, backing up, backing up. And now you call me and you want more revenue. It ain’t going to happen. I’m done with it.”

Yes, here is our great leader.

He had a deal and it collapsed because he tried to move the goal posts. This is a great story and will only help Romney.

This isn't my attack. And it isn't really Forbes. This article is taking from a NYT's article that provides some interesting insights into our sitting President.

The conclusions are somewhat connected, but we'll see just how much the left can stomach of a rather critical view of their hero.

New York Times Proves Clint Eastwood Correct -- Obama Is Lousy CEO - Forbes

The story is called “The Competitor in Chief — Obama Plays To Win, In Politics and Everything Else.” It is devastating.

It calls out two glarring weaknesses:

But the NYT piece is not about any of that. Rather, it is a deep look into the two outstanding flaws in Obama’s executive leadership. This is just a start:

1. How he vastly overrates his capabilities:

But even those loyal to Mr. Obama say that his quest for excellence can bleed into cockiness and that he tends to overestimate his capabilities. The cloistered nature of the White House amplifies those tendencies, said Matthew Dowd, a former adviser to President George W. Bush, adding that the same thing happened to his former boss. “There’s a reinforcing quality,” he said, a tendency for presidents to think, I’m the best at this.

Good article (NYT)... it reminds me of a cherished phrase that the head of another family who resided at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave used to say...'"vigor' (pronounced vigga), and one of my favorite quotes from the same man...

The Greek definition of happiness is full use of ones powers along the lines of excellence.
President John F. Kennedy

Here was number 2.

2. How he spends extraordinary amounts of time and energy to compete in — trivialities.

For someone dealing with the world’s weightiest matters, Mr. Obama spends surprising energy perfecting even less consequential pursuits. He has played golf 104 times since becoming president, according to Mark Knoller of CBS News, who monitors his outings, and he asks superior players for tips that have helped lower his scores. He decompresses with card games on Air Force One, but players who do not concentrate risk a reprimand (“You’re not playing, you’re just gambling,” he once told Arun Chaudhary, his former videographer).

His idea of birthday relaxation is competing in an Olympic-style athletic tournament with friends, keeping close score. The 2009 version ended with a bowling event. Guess who won, despite his history of embarrassingly low scores? The president, it turned out, had been practicing in the White House alley.

I'd like to learn more about this kind of thing.

Obama really has been a strange bird.

He's competitive? He asks good golfers for tips?

And thats one of his two bad points?

Not at all. I look forward to him spending more time on the Golf Course, as much as possible. ;)

Forum List

Back