Did the Bush tax cuts really increase revenue?

Why wait?
Do you need the address to the U.S. Treasury? You can send a check today! Lead by example. I am sure everyone else who sees what you've done will break out the checkbook and send the government more money to blow it on senseless Presidential vacations and bailouts of GM

Have I given some indication that I'm not a rational actor? Like anyone else, I'm seeking to maximize my utility within the incentive structures and legal frameworks I navigate. The question these days seems to be whether that incentive structure is leading the nation in the aggregate toward a fiscal catastrophe. If so, the Obama tax cuts can't be allowed to stand, regardless of whether I'm personally happier with my tax burden with them in place.

The U.S. is in a fiscal catastrophe. Where are you living? Sweden?

Yep.... and if you get your way.. you'll have to sell your pride and joy bike to pay for that catastrophe... Congratulations... you guys are going to vote yourselves into the poorhouse, while The big boys sit back and laugh at your idiocy.

Yep.... and if you get your way.. you'll have to sell your pride and joy bike to pay for that catastrophe... Congratulations... you guys are going to vote yourselves into the poorhouse, while The big boys sit back and laugh at your idiocy.

I'll just move to Mexico or the Phillippines if this economic insanity persists.

Can we get back to the facking OP question and stop the side chatter bickering? have the Bush tax cuts really increased revenue as in the tax cuts themselves being the main reason why revenue increased if it did increase?

We did pretty well with the pre-Obama tax cut rates.

Picture%2B3.png

I'll just move to Mexico or the Phillippines if this economic insanity persists.

Well, it will be your own doing... so good riddance.

Because of the Bush tax cuts or other factors?

Sorry, I thought we were supposed to call those the Obama tax cuts now. I'm referring to the Clinton-era tax brackets, i.e. those that prevailed between the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 and the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001. Tax receipts as a percentage of GDP reached a higher peak then than at any point in the last 40 years (and probably more, I just haven't looked for a graph that goes back further than 1971).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back