Did Rick (come to unregulated Texas) Perry's invite blow up in his face?

R

rdean

The explosion April 17 in the Central Texas town of West killed 14 people, including 10 volunteer firefighters, burned a school and destroyed or damaged buildings over a 35-block area.

“You would think Texas would have learned its lesson from Galveston,” Smythe said, referring to a 1947 ammonium nitrate explosion at Texas City, on Galveston Bay, that killed at least 581 people.

“This is not rocket science,” he said. “We’ve had this happen so many times.”

Why didn't 2,400 tons of ammonium nitrate at West plant raise concerns? | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

The fertilizer plant that exploded on Wednesday, obliterating part of a small Texas town and killing at least 14 people, had last year been storing 1,350 times the amount of ammonium nitrate that would normally trigger safety oversight by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

Yet a person familiar with DHS operations said the company that owns the plant, West Fertilizer, did not tell the agency about the potentially explosive fertilizer as it is required to do, leaving one of the principal regulators of ammonium nitrate - which can also be used in bomb making - unaware of any danger there.

Fertilizer plants and depots must report to the DHS when they hold 400 pounds or more of the substance. Filings this year with the Texas Department of State Health Services, which weren't shared with DHS, show the plant had 270 tons of it on hand last year.

'Red flag': Texas plant had 1,350 times amount of chemical that would trigger oversight - U.S. News

ss-130418-fertilizer-explosion-14.ss_full.jpg

Now that he needs disaster relief after the fertilizer plant explosion in West, TX, Gov. Rick Perry is full of praise for, and thanks to President Obama.

Now That He Needs Disaster Relief, Barack Obama Is Rick Perry's New Best Friend

Gov. Perry Cut Funds For Women's Health In Texas

Only 48 percent of Texans have private health insurance, and more than a quarter of the state's population has no insurance at all, more than any other state. To fill this gap, the state's hospital emergency rooms and dozens of women's health clinics have stepped in to serve the uninsured across Texas.

Gov. Rick Perry and the Republican-controlled legislature have dropped hundreds of thousands of mostly poor and working-class Texans from the rolls of government-sponsored insurance like Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program. Nearly 6.5 million Texans are now uninsured even though the majority of them have full-time jobs.

Premiums in Texas' unregulated health insurance industry have soared by 105 percent over the past 10 years, according to the federal Agency for Health Care Research and Quality. Texas employers have responded by raising employee deductibles, often dramatically, or by dropping their coverage entirely.

The budget cuts to family planning clinics won't in the end save Texas money. The state estimates nearly 300,000 women will lose access to family planning services, resulting in roughly 20,000 additional unplanned births. Texas already spends $1.3 billion on teen pregnancies — more than any other state.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

The "environment" ----- check

Health care ------check

children ---------- check

Yep, Republican Policies are a DREAM in Texas. How many USMB Republicans are seeing Texas as the land of "Golden Opportunity" and beautiful countryside?

Once again, Republicans are selling America a "Bill of Goods" and once again, it's blowing up into their faces. How many more disasters until people stop listening to Republicans?

Oh, and right wingers take notice. I HAVE LINKS.

Every officer of West Fertalizer that knew of the amount of ammonium nitrate stored in that facility should be charged with 14 counts of negligent homocide.

No question in my mind from the moment it hit the news the factory site is a crime scene. Now that is known.

Perry won't do anything about it. We know that.

Will Holder do the right thing or what he usually does is the last important question before this gets swept under the rug.

Did rdean stumble across another chance to prove how stupid he is?

The explosion April 17 in the Central Texas town of West killed 14 people, including 10 volunteer firefighters, burned a school and destroyed or damaged buildings over a 35-block area.

“You would think Texas would have learned its lesson from Galveston,” Smythe said, referring to a 1947 ammonium nitrate explosion at Texas City, on Galveston Bay, that killed at least 581 people.

Why didn't 2,400 tons of ammonium nitrate at West plant raise concerns? | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

Yes he did.

Tell me something idiot, why would a story deliberately lie in the headline by implying that there was 2400 tons of ammonium nitrate in the plant when it exploded, and then contradict the headline in the first paragraph?

Texas’ environmental agency knew in 2006 that West Fertilizer Co. was handling 2,400 tons a year of potentially explosive ammonium nitrate in a warehouse near schools, houses and a nursing home, documents show.

Why would an engineer not notice that?

The fertilizer plant that exploded on Wednesday, obliterating part of a small Texas town and killing at least 14 people, had last year been storing 1,350 times the amount of ammonium nitrate that would normally trigger safety oversight by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

1350 times the amount that DHS arbitrary decided needs to be tracked in order to interfere with farmers who are trying to buy fertilizer. That gets me to wondering, how much, exactly, does the DHS consider significant? Let's see if we can figure that out. Being an engineer this should be pretty easy for you rdean, there was 270 tons there at the time of the explosion, and your article says that the DHS gets all itchy at a point that is 1350 times smaller than that. That means that DHS triggers an automatic investigation when someone buys 400 pounds of fertilizer.

How far does 400 pounds go? According to Home Depot it takes 2 to 4 pounds of fertilizer per 1000 square feet. I know a lot of middle class people who have quarter acre lots in Texas, which means that DHS looks over their shoulder whenever they by the 10,000 pounds of fertilizer they need for their lawns.

Sounds to me like a waste of government resources.

Yet a person familiar with DHS operations said the company that owns the plant, West Fertilizer, did not tell the agency about the potentially explosive fertilizer as it is required to do, leaving one of the principal regulators of ammonium nitrate - which can also be used in bomb making - unaware of any danger there.

DHS wouldn't have cared unless the plant got a big order from a Muslim that doesn't own a house in the area.

Fertilizer plants and depots must report to the DHS when they hold 400 pounds or more of the substance. Filings this year with the Texas Department of State Health Services, which weren't shared with DHS, show the plant had 270 tons of it on hand last year.

'Red flag': Texas plant had 1,350 times amount of chemical that would trigger oversight - U.S. News

Now that he needs disaster relief after the fertilizer plant explosion in West, TX, Gov. Rick Perry is full of praise for, and thanks to President Obama.

Now That He Needs Disaster Relief, Barack Obama Is Rick Perry's New Best Friend

He is a politician, what do you expect? In fact, didn't you use Christie doing the exact same thing as proof that Republicans are crazy because he liked Obama?

WTF does this have to do with anything?

Only 48 percent of Texans have private health insurance, and more than a quarter of the state's population has no insurance at all, more than any other state. To fill this gap, the state's hospital emergency rooms and dozens of women's health clinics have stepped in to serve the uninsured across Texas.

Last year almost half the people in California didn't have health insurance at some point too, what's your point?

Gov. Rick Perry and the Republican-controlled legislature have dropped hundreds of thousands of mostly poor and working-class Texans from the rolls of government-sponsored insurance like Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program. Nearly 6.5 million Texans are now uninsured even though the majority of them have full-time jobs.

Premiums in Texas' unregulated health insurance industry have soared by 105 percent over the past 10 years, according to the federal Agency for Health Care Research and Quality. Texas employers have responded by raising employee deductibles, often dramatically, or by dropping their coverage entirely.

First, health insurance in Texas is not unregulated. Second, premiums from Obamacare have soared 150% in two years.

Do the math.

The budget cuts to family planning clinics won't in the end save Texas money. The state estimates nearly 300,000 women will lose access to family planning services, resulting in roughly 20,000 additional unplanned births. Texas already spends $1.3 billion on teen pregnancies — more than any other state.

Health care ------check

Yep, Republican Policies are a DREAM in Texas. How many USMB Republicans are seeing Texas as the land of "Golden Opportunity" and beautiful countryside?

Once again, Republicans are selling America a "Bill of Goods" and once again, it's blowing up into their faces. How many more disasters until people stop listening to Republicans?

I have lots of links too, so what?

Yes he did.

Tell me something idiot, why would a story deliberately lie in the headline by implying that there was 2400 tons of ammonium nitrate in the plant when it exploded, and then contradict the headline in the first paragraph?

Texas’ environmental agency knew in 2006 that West Fertilizer Co. was handling 2,400 tons a year of potentially explosive ammonium nitrate in a warehouse near schools, houses and a nursing home, documents show.

1350 times the amount that DHS arbitrary decided needs to be tracked in order to interfere with farmers who are trying to buy fertilizer. That gets me to wondering, how much, exactly, does the DHS consider significant? Let's see if we can figure that out. Being an engineer this should be pretty easy for you rdean, there was 270 tons there at the time of the explosion, and your article says that the DHS gets all itchy at a point that is 1350 times smaller than that. That means that DHS triggers an automatic investigation when someone buys 400 pounds of fertilizer.

How far does 400 pounds go? According to Home Depot it takes 2 to 4 pounds of fertilizer per 1000 square feet. I know a lot of middle class people who have quarter acre lots in Texas, which means that DHS looks over their shoulder whenever they by the 10,000 pounds of fertilizer they need for their lawns.

DHS wouldn't have cared unless the plant got a big order from a Muslim that doesn't own a house in the area.

He is a politician, what do you expect? In fact, didn't you use Christie doing the exact same thing as proof that Republicans are crazy because he liked Obama?

Last year almost half the people in California didn't have health insurance at some point too, what's your point?

First, health insurance in Texas is not unregulated. Second, premiums from Obamacare have soared 150% in two years.

Do the math.

Health care ------check

Of course you have lots of links Fucktard. I count at least three. My three.

Low quality people are all the same; they're either at one's feet or at one's throat.

Perry got to be governor of Tejas because he is a swallower.

Next.

Yes he did.

Do the math.

Health care ------check

The explosion registered as a 2.4 on the Richter Scale. I would have to say on that alone the figure of 2400 tons might be a bit low. And did the firefighters know that there was that kind of material in that warehouse? Were the fire safeguards in line with storing thousands of tons of Ammonium Nitrate?

Yes, it is a fertalizer, and also a very effective explosive. Texas knows that already from 1943. As far as a Muslim ordering that much material, it was a homegrown rightwingnut that used Ammonium Nitrate in Okalhoma City.

The officials of this company that handled this material is such a careless manner have commited negligent homocide.

article-2315751-1981B3C1000005DC-728_634x450.jpg

Texas explosion: 'I won't stand for someone mocking the tragic deaths of my fellow Texans:' Gov. Rick Perry outraged at cartoon poking fun of fatal small town explosion that killed 14 | Mail Online

Funny he should take umbrage at being mocked when so many in his state are suffering. It's not very nice, but it is VERY, VERY "Republican".

What a sick sick sick fuck you are

Why? I'm not a Republican. "Let him die" would never occur to me.

article-2315751-1981B3C1000005DC-728_634x450.jpg

Texas explosion: 'I won't stand for someone mocking the tragic deaths of my fellow Texans:' Gov. Rick Perry outraged at cartoon poking fun of fatal small town explosion that killed 14 | Mail Online

Funny he should take umbrage at being mocked when so many in his state are suffering. It's not very nice, but it is VERY, VERY "Republican".

You were the one who got into the Town Hall and shouted out "Let him die!" That was your 15 minutes and you post either that or 6%!

No question in my mind from the moment it hit the news the factory site is a crime scene. Now that is known.

Perry won't do anything about it. We know that.

Will Holder do the right thing or what he usually does is the last important question before this gets swept under the rug.

(My bold)

What Gob. Perry does depends on whether he plans to run for the GOP Prexy nomination again in the next cycle. If he does plan to run, he should probably order a state audit of all the ammonium nitrate being held in quantity in the state, with a written plan & enforcement to make sure the ammonium is secured against fire, shock, theft, etc. (& plans to install sprinkler systems, blast walls, put in zoning to forbid schools, homes for the aged & apartments or suburbs within blast range of the plant.) He needs to move now, if he wants it all cleaned up by primary time.

If he doesn't plan to run, then the months will turn into seasons, & he won't do anything about the issue. Too bad, it's another teachable moment in TX domestic business practices history, along with the protection of local first responders - 10 of whom died in the explosion, presumably because the local fire/police weren't aware of the explosion hazard @ the plant. That notification to local first responders would have been triggered by notification to DHS. That's another area that Gov. Perry could require, or @ least suggest to the Lege - direct notification to local first responders by plants holding poisonous &/or explosive materials (the West plant had both - no mention of the poisonous stuff - maybe consumed by the fire/explosion?)

I wonder what the long-term environmental contamination risks are there?

Yes he did.

Do the math.

The explosion registered as a 2.4 on the Richter Scale. I would have to say on that alone the figure of 2400 tons might be a bit low. And did the firefighters know that there was that kind of material in that warehouse? Were the fire safeguards in line with storing thousands of tons of Ammonium Nitrate?

Yes, it is a fertalizer, and also a very effective explosive. Texas knows that already from 1943. As far as a Muslim ordering that much material, it was a homegrown rightwingnut that used Ammonium Nitrate in Okalhoma City.

The officials of this company that handled this material is such a careless manner have commited negligent homocide.

Oh good, Old Box trying to defend the only poster on the board that is dumber than he is.

Believe it or not, I know how big the explosion was. I also know what sarcasm is, perhaps you should look the word up.

How, precisely, was the company careless? Do you know something no one else in the world does, or are you just demonstrating your unparalleled ability to leap to a conclusion?

You were the one who got into the Town Hall and shouted out "Let him die!" That was your 15 minutes and you post either that or 6%!

It wasn't a town hall. It was at the Presidential Debates in Las Vegas where the audience was limited to Republicans. Even the most tarded of the fucking fools know that. Well, obviously not the MOST "tarded".

Yes he did.

Oh good, Old Box trying to defend the only poster on the board that is dumber than he is.

Believe it or not, I know how big the explosion was. I also know what sarcasm is, perhaps you should look the word up.

How, precisely, was the company careless? Do you know something no one else in the world does, or are you just demonstrating your unparalleled ability to leap to a conclusion?

If you read the links, you would know that keeping tons of an explosive substance that is regulated by law, without a permit, would be against the law.

What is wrong with you? READ!

If you read the links, you would know that keeping tons of an explosive substance that is regulated by law, without a permit, would be against the law.

are you stating they didn't have a permit when the explosion happened?

It wasn't a town hall. It was at the Presidential Debates in Las Vegas where the audience was limited to Republicans. Even the most tarded of the fucking fools know that. Well, obviously not the MOST "tarded".

The audience was not limited in any way, they didn't check ID at the door to the hotel.

I do read, a lot more than you. I also do math, you should try it sometime, if it doesn't give you a headache.

It is not regulated by law, it is regulated by bureaucrats. DHS wants a report anytime someone has more than 400 pounds of fertilizer on hand because they like to pretend that tracking fertilizer stops terrorists. Strangely enough, it didn't stop the Boston bombers because they used fireworks. Expect to see extra regulations on those soon, which will drive up the cost of sparklers.

Forum List

Back