Did Albert Pujols just have the worst year in MLB history.?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
His WAR number was MINUS 1.8 !! So he was way below replacement level (top AAA player) and way way way below average. But was still paid 26 mill. He did have 101 RBIs and that's nice.

What happened to his career? His first 10 years he was babe ruth good and since then he just gets worse and worse every year.

Pulols was third in games played for his team, third in hits, second in homers, led in RBIs with 29 more than the runner up, and was third in BA of the players who played in more than 100 games, so . . .

Nope.

The guy had the pressure of breaking the 600 homerun mark starting the year...

It was his 17th year... did you expect him to hit 49 homeruns like in his 6th year?

• Banned
Pulols was third in games played for his team, third in hits, second in homers, led in RBIs with 29 more than the runner up, and was third in BA of the players who played in more than 100 games, so . . .

Nope.

241/286/386. Those are terrible numbers. Most players who hit like that are great fielders or just part-time players.

Oh, I agree. Still he knocked in more than 100 RBIS. Goes to show how bad the hitters were on that team this year.

• Banned
He had 101 RBIs but only scored 53 runs. Weird though you'd kind of expect it with a slow runner. In 1943, ernie lombardi scored 19 runs with 51 RBIs.

DH mostly. Can no longer run. Dollar spent per "productivity" ? He is up there. DH is a joke position IMVHO. Get rid of it.

At least he showed up to bat. Some are signed, released and still paid. Plenty go to another team and the original still pay them to get rid of them.

Jason HeyWeird is a wasted offensive slot at $25 mil I think?

Albert suffers from Plantar Fasciitis, and cannot even walk without pain. We're he less of a man, he would simply claim disability and cash his checks from home.

Jason Hayward can't miss. A classic 5-tool player. It just hasn't happened yet. By the time he retires, he will have had a HOF career

Albert suffers from Plantar Fasciitis, and cannot even walk without pain. We're he less of a man, he would simply claim disability and cash his checks from home.

That's possible but i think it's more likely he stopped using steroids around 2010 because of all the attention, and consequently lost his strength.

That's possible but i think it's more likely he stopped using steroids around 2010 because of all the attention, and consequently lost his strength.
But he still drives in ribbies, and as long as he can do that, the Angels will keep him.

Forum List

Back