Dhs Official Confirms To Congress. Isis Planning Attack On Us Soil

Thobbs

Rookie
Sep 9, 2014
A senior Homeland Security (DHS) official confirmed to Congress on Wednesday that militants associated with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL or ISIS) are planning to enter the United States via the porous southern border.

Francis Taylor, under secretary for intelligence and analysis at DHS, told senators during a hearing that ISIL supporters are known to be plotting ways to infiltrate the United States through the border.

Do you believe that ISIS will try to attack the US in its homefield?

Granny says, "Dat's right - dat do-nothin' Congress doin' nothing `bout nat'l. security...

Uncompromising Congress a security threat
October 19, 2014 ~ Many of us around the country have had about enough of the intense political divisiveness showing up in campaign ads. But our angst apparently is nothing compared to the frustration being felt in the nation’s capital on both sides of the political aisle. There, members of the defense establishment believe the partisan divide is actually undermining our national security.
At a two-day national security conference in Washington sponsored by Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism this month, speaker after speaker voiced the same frustration over the budget sequester and the failure of Congress to negotiate. “Congress is about as worthless an outfit as I’ve seen in 40 years,” declared Arnold Punaro, a retired Marine Corps major general, who chairs the National Defense Industrial Association and the Reserve Forces Policy Board, which advises Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel on Reserve and National Guard matters.

Yet that “worthless outfit” holds ultimate power over our national security, Punaro said. The defense budget that came out of the sequester’s automatic spending cuts is both bloated and insufficient to meet current military demands, he said. He predicts that in 10 years, the U.S. will have a fighting force that is both too small and unprepared to deal with the new nature of the threats we face while “health care costs and entitlements are turning DOD into an entitlements company that occasionally kills a terrorist.”

We might disagree on those entitlements, but Punaro is worth listening to when he says we can’t use the same deterrence methods to deal with the Islamic State group as we did to deal with the Soviets during the Cold War, without getting to the root causes of the fight. In an interview with USA Today, Leon Panetta, President Barack Obama’s former defense secretary, recently said Obama should not have warned Syria’s President Bashar Assad against using chemical weapons and then failed to follow through in 2013. Panetta said the empty threat left international allies reluctant to join us in fighting the Islamic State. Obama wanted congressional authorization — in my view, appropriately — which he didn’t get.

But it’s one thing to say we want members of Congress to and cooperate, and another to hear experts say we are less safe because of their failure to do so. Michele Flournoy was undersecretary of defense for policy from 2009 to 2012 and now is CEO of the Center for New American Security. She shares the view that the failure to get a “rational” budget deal and the paralysis of Washington will become a national security issue, breeding a lack of confidence in the U.S. and opening the door for terrorism. “It will hurt us in our ability to lead and in the perception of us as a power,” said Flournoy, who was principal adviser to the defense secretary on security and defense policy.

She says there are workable solutions, but the politics, rather than the substance of the disputes, is blocking them. Members of Congress fear they won’t win primaries if they are seen as working with the other party. “Now the most dangerous thing you can do is agree to compromise,” said Flournoy. “My fear is that something really bad will happen. We will have some operational failure because we were penny-pinching.” Lt. Gen. Jeffrey Talley, senior leader for the U.S. Army Reserve, said sequestration is affecting its force. “I’m 20 percent of the total Army but 5.8 percent of the Army’s budget,” he said noting the majority of U.S. Army missions, including now fighting Ebola, “can’t be done without us.”

MORE

A senior Homeland Security (DHS) official confirmed to Congress on Wednesday that militants associated with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL or ISIS) are planning to enter the United States via the porous southern border.

Francis Taylor, under secretary for intelligence and analysis at DHS, told senators during a hearing that ISIL supporters are known to be plotting ways to infiltrate the United States through the border.

Well, much as I think they're a bunch of bastards, America attacked first, so America became a target.
I have to be honest - I have no problem with them attacking America, as long as they stick to military targets.

Well, much as I think they're a bunch of bastards, America attacked first, so America became a target.
I have to be honest - I have no problem with them attacking America, as long as they stick to military targets.

I have no problem with them attacking America, as long as they stick to liberal cities and Washington DC.

Typical Mudslime sticking up for his own cultist kind. America only attacked AFTER ISIS said they were going to attack us. Our air strikes were retaliation for their declaration of war against us.

Typical Mudslime sticking up for his own cultist kind. America only attacked AFTER ISIS said they were going to attack us. Our air strikes were retaliation for their declaration of war against us.

Perhaps you can cite an example of an ISIS attack against America - NOT ISIS attacking American forces invading their country.
In fact, I'm unsure there have been any attacks at all against America since WWII that America didn't cause by attacking someone else first.

I have no problem with them attacking America, as long as they stick to liberal cities and Washington DC.

Sounds typical.
You support attacks on civilians that don't conform to your political ideals.
What makes you any better than ISIS?

"Dhs Official Confirms To Congress. Isis Planning Attack On Us Soil"

It's the threat that manifest as terrorism, not an actual 'attack.'

Unfortunately there are those who will allow themselves to be needlessly frightened.

I'm trying to think of any attack by any Muslim on US soil, or anywhere else, that was a first strike, not a retaliation for an American attack.
Can't manage to come up with one since 1945 - can anyone help?
The only terrorism I can find that doesn't fit that was home grown right wing terrorists.

Forum List

Back