Depleting US Strategic Oil reserves is all about election year damage control.

Biden's policy is to deplete the US Oil Reserves the 6 months prior to the 2022 election. The policy will end in the month prior to the election. His motives are obvious, stupid and dangerous.
Or just a fantasy you made up.

I am really impressed by how he is talking all those other countries into helping the 2022 democrat hopefuls. Amazing!

Depleting the SOR is not a good idea

are GOPs supposed to ignore biden’s hostility to fossil fuel and efforts to obstruct production?
Oops, another underinformed Trumper decides to make something up.

Biden called on the Oil industry to take action on some 9000 drilling permits that are collecting dust.

That was a publicity stunt

here is the real Joe Biden in his own words

Bide never said he would take away the permits already granted.

Look at what cultism has done to your brain. You know, you could act like a normal person and admit Biden, while he does want to limit fossil fuel usage going forward, did in fact call on the oil industry to produce more, in light of a crisis.

But your cultism won't let you. Sad to watch.

I don't need to plug in any numbers, the formula is right there--are you mathematically challenged? What part of "1- the tax rate" do you not understand?

Yeah, I know the fucking formula is right there.
Now multiply the pre-tax profit by the "1- the tax rate" and tell me, what part do you not understand?

Plug in your numbers and then go here and use them.

1649214449590.png

1649214479778.png

Instead of 40%, use 35% and 21%.

Tell me which tax rate is more favorable to the final result.

And increasing tax rates, tell me, what is your reason that we had double digit GDP growth when corporate tax rates were higher, like in the 50's and 60's,

You think we had double digit GDP growth in the 50s and 60s? LOL!

1649216399125.png

Last edited:
Ok

Here are Trumps words which find nothing wrong with:

I mean had Andrew Jackson been a little later you wouldn’t have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart. He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War, he said, ‘There’s no reason for this.’”​

He was angry?
There was no reason for this?

Did Trump talk to the ghost of AJ?

Now you are just babbling

there is nothing at all wrong with the trump quote
WTF?
Trump quoting someone on a subject, who died 12 years before the subject even occurred, had absolutely no knowledge of the subject, is perfectly fine?

Who's "babbling"?

WTF?
Trump quoting someone on a subject, who died 12 years before the subject even occurred, had absolutely no knowledge of the subject, is perfectly fine?

Who's "babbling"?
Trump was better informed about jackson than you are about trump’s statement

Trump was better informed about jackson than you are about trump’s statement
A grade-school kid was more informed about Andrew Jackson AND the civil war than Trump is.
Trump is a moron.

TRUMP: I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later, you wouldn't have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart, and he was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War. He said, "There's no reason for this." People don't realize, you know, the Civil War, you think about it, why?

Jackson died in 1845, and the Civil War didn't begin until 16 years later, in 1861.

The question over the expansion of slavery into new western territories simmered for decades and Southern leaders threatened secession if anti-slavery candidate Abraham Lincoln was elected in 1860.

After Lincoln won without carrying a single Southern state, Southern leaders believed their rights were imperiled and seceded, forming the Confederate States of America. War erupted soon afterward as the North fought to keep the nation together.

TRUMP: I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later, you wouldn't have had the Civil War.
Do we have to draw you a picture?

trump said that IF Jackson had been around in 1860 he would have found a way to avoid splitting the Union

you can disagree with that but its a very reasonable idea

Do we have to draw you a picture?

trump said that IF Jackson had been around in 1860 he would have found a way to avoid splitting the Union

you can disagree with that but its a very reasonable idea
The idea was was reasonable, but not Jackson.
Jackson owned between 10 to 150 black slaves and don't ignore Jackson's imposed "trail of tears" imposed on American Indians.

The idea was was reasonable, but not Jackson.
Jackson owned between 10 to 150 black slaves and don't ignore Jackson's imposed "trail of tears" imposed on American Indians.
If you put 100 professional historians in a room and they will present 50-75 different versions of history

Yeah, I know the fucking formula is right there.
Now multiply the pre-tax profit by the "1- the tax rate" and tell me, what part do you not understand?

Plug in your numbers and then go here and use them.

View attachment 626743

View attachment 626744

Instead of 40%, use 35% and 21%.

Tell me which tax rate is more favorable to the final result.
Your example is far too simplistic and makes incorrect assumptions. First, the discount rate for future cash flow, "r" is given at a static ten percent. I am guessing they are using the risk free rate of return although there was no mention where this was coming from. A true analysis would utilize the WACC for the discount rate--I mean it is the price you are paying for using that capital, rather it comes from shareholder equity or borrowed money. And as I have indicated, as the corporate tax rate changes that WACC changes as well. As I pointed out, when the corporate tax rate is too low and the WACC increases those future cash flows are discounted more heavily,

Then, depreciation. As the corporate tax rate decreases the value of depreciation also decreases. In your example anticipated future cash flows exceed the depreciation savings, but that is just it, those future cash flows are "anticipated", they are mere projections. The depreciation number is a hard number, it remains at a constant value that is only affected by the tax rate. A true capital investment evaluation would utilize a Monte Carlo stimulation of various projections of cash flow, some conservative, some optimistic. For the pessimistic projections the loss in the value of depreciation would result in further negative PV's at lower corporate tax rates.

From your source,

Note that this section is intended to give you a general overview of how income taxes effect capital budgeting decisions. Finance textbooks provide more detail regarding how to adjust cash flows for income taxes in more complex situations.

Like I said, overly simplistic. In effect, you literally ran away from the WACC equation and attempted to blow smoke. The equation clearly demonstrates that higher corporate taxes result in a lower WACC, and when discounting future cash flows by that WACC, it is easy to see how capital budget evaluations will trend more conservative as corporate taxes decrease. It is not how much money the company stands to make, as your simplistic example portrays, it is how much money the company stands to lose that holds the most sway. Thanks for proving how inept our current business schools are in teaching risk analysis in the capital budgeting process.

Forum List

Back