Denny''s franchisee backs down

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
John Metz Denny's Obamacare Surcharge Stirs Big Mess For Restaurant Chain

Some Denny's franchisees have since dealt with angry customers, calls for a boycott and declining sales. A spokeswoman for Metz said he will not conduct more interviews.

After Metz's original comments went viral, Abdo Mouannes said sales and traffic dropped "overnight" at his seven Denny's locations in Florida. Angry callers immediately jammed the phones at his restaurants. "The manager said it was so frustrating, she wanted to unplug the phone," Mouannes told HuffPost. "People didn't like what they heard and were saying they wouldn't support Denny's, but we have nothing to do with that decision. I am not a fan of the idea. We are opposing the 5 percent [surcharge] -- it's not even a consideration for us."

Notice that his position (lie) is becoming a self-fulfilling prophesy - he brought it on himself. AND, notice that he does not correct his original lie.

Some Denny's franchisees have since dealt with angry customers, calls for a boycott and declining sales. A spokeswoman for Metz said he will not conduct more interviews.

After Metz's original comments went viral, Abdo Mouannes said sales and traffic dropped "overnight" at his seven Denny's locations in Florida. Angry callers immediately jammed the phones at his restaurants. "The manager said it was so frustrating, she wanted to unplug the phone," Mouannes told HuffPost. "People didn't like what they heard and were saying they wouldn't support Denny's, but we have nothing to do with that decision. I am not a fan of the idea. We are opposing the 5 percent [surcharge] -- it's not even a consideration for us."

Notice that his position (lie) is becoming a self-fulfilling prophesy - he brought it on himself. AND, notice that he does not correct his original lie.

Good boycott Denny's too. Put more people out of work. You libs are such champs.

By all means, go for Denny's. Make sure more people lose their jobs.

What champs you are:lol:

This guy sounds like a schmuck. Only a poor businessman would include a political statement intertwined with the service or good they offer and expect their enterprise to thrive or even survive, regardless how he felt about the issue.

Good boycott Denny's too. Put more people out of work. You libs are such champs.

And I bet you sided with the CEO, what a champ you are for workers.

I was at the Denny's in Pigeon Forge during Labor Day weekend this year, and I don't know about these angry customers in Florida, but I had no problems when I was there.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Metz did it to himself and the head of Denny's put a stop to it.

Forum List

Back