Dems Dominate Pork Report

The Citizens Against Government Waste Porker of the Year award was released yesterday.

Front and center were four Democrat leaders - Pelosi, Reid, Dodd, and Moran.

And against the backdrop of hundreds of billions in bailouts, omnibus bills, a stimulus package, and the looming multi-trillions deficit, Obama's $100 million administrative reductions ring even more hollow...

Citizens Against Government Waste: Porker of the Year, 2008

Ah, look at the few trying vainly to defend this pork-nation we live in!

:clap2: They sit there defending their D's spending, partisans to the end, not to mention hypocrits. It's people like that who keep the corrupt in office, they're too damn busy being partisan and attacking 'the other side' to even notice how much they're being ripped off by those in D.C. of all political parties. You almost have to wonder if they're paid to do it.

The Citizens Against Government Waste Porker of the Year award was released yesterday.

And against the backdrop of hundreds of billions in bailouts, omnibus bills, a stimulus package, and the looming multi-trillions deficit, Obama's $100 million administrative reductions ring even more hollow...

Explain. We were trying to explain it to you.

But I get the feeling you already knew.

:clap2: They sit there defending their D's spending, partisans to the end, not to mention hypocrits. It's people like that who keep the corrupt in office, they're too damn busy being partisan and attacking 'the other side' to even notice how much they're being ripped off by those in D.C. of all political parties. You almost have to wonder if they're paid to do it.

We proved to you that Bush was wasting/stealing/losing/mismanaging billions of dollars.

Can you show me any wasteful spending in Obama's economic stimulus bill?

And don't you dare go looking. For all the shit coming out of your mouth, you better already know what the fuck you are talking about you little bitch.

PS. It is 100 days in. Will we defend Obama if he plan doesn't work. Like YOU defended Bush in 04, 05, 06, 07 when the fucking country was falling apart.

We told you things were going badly and you kept pointing to corporate profits and wallstreet.

So lets see if we are as partisan as you.

Oh, and will you admit it when Obama's plan works? Or will you be partisan ****?

For the record, I did not vote for Bush in 2000 or 2004. I did not keep the corrupt in office.

Say it ain't so.

The DEMS getting pork?!

I'm shocked and very dubious!

Next you'll be trying to tell me that the Republicans take pork, too.

How gullible do you think I am, anyway?

Hey Editec! You know how you get mad at me when I suggest that Dems are better than Reps? Here's why you get mad.

Dear MoveOn member,
We sent Democrats to Washington to help President Obama change America—not to work for the opposition.

But some top Democratic operatives have decided to cash in on their insider connections and switch sides to become corporate lobbyists. The head of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee just got hired away by utility companies to fight strong renewable energy standards.1 A high-ranking official in the Clinton White House now represents the coal industry.2 And a former adviser to key Democrats in Congress is lobbying for BP and Sunoco.3

We can't count on the Democratic establishment in Washington to help President Obama take on the corporate interests that are fighting against his plan for a new energy economy.

We need to do it ourselves.

Congress begins voting on clean energy next week, and as many as 16 Democrats still have to choose whether they're going to stand with Obama, or with their former friends who are lobbying for Big Oil and Coal. To turn up the pressure, MoveOn has teamed up with progressive allies to produce a powerful new TV ad—but we need to raise $100,000 right away to put it on the air. Can you chip in $25 to help out?

http://pol.moveon.org/donate/newenergyad.html?id=15956-8041595-yT5AX5x&t=3

The clean energy jobs bill being voted on was written by two of the great progressive champions in Congress, Henry Waxman of California and Ed Markey of Massachusetts. It's a bold start at moving America to a clean energy economy.
MoveOn's got a critical role to play in supporting and strengthening the bill, and making sure that conservative Democrats in bed with Big Oil and Coal don't kill the bill or weaken it beyond recognition. We need to make a massive commitment to energy efficiency measures, clean and renewable sources of energy, mass transit, and more.

Of course, dirty-energy industries say we can't do it, that we're not up to the challenge. We need to make sure Democrats in Congress don't fall for Big Oil and Coal's argument just because it's delivered by some familiar faces who used to work on Capitol Hill.

Help get our ad on the air immediately with a contribution of $25. Please click here:

http://pol.moveon.org/donate/newenergyad.html?id=15956-8041595-yT5AX5x&t=4

Say it ain't so.

The DEMS getting pork?!

Hey Editec! You know how you get mad at me when I suggest that Dems are better than Reps? Here's why you get mad.

Dear MoveOn member,
We sent Democrats to Washington to help President Obama change America—not to work for the opposition.

But some top Democratic operatives have decided to cash in on their insider connections and switch sides to become corporate lobbyists. The head of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee just got hired away by utility companies to fight strong renewable energy standards.1 A high-ranking official in the Clinton White House now represents the coal industry.2 And a former adviser to key Democrats in Congress is lobbying for BP and Sunoco.3

We can't count on the Democratic establishment in Washington to help President Obama take on the corporate interests that are fighting against his plan for a new energy economy.

Congress begins voting on clean energy next week, and as many as 16 Democrats still have to choose whether they're going to stand with Obama, or with their former friends who are lobbying for Big Oil and Coal. To turn up the pressure, MoveOn has teamed up with progressive allies to produce a powerful new TV ad—but we need to raise $100,000 right away to put it on the air. Can you chip in $25 to help out?

The clean energy jobs bill being voted on was written by two of the great progressive champions in Congress, Henry Waxman of California and Ed Markey of Massachusetts. It's a bold start at moving America to a clean energy economy.
MoveOn's got a critical role to play in supporting and strengthening the bill, and making sure that conservative Democrats in bed with Big Oil and Coal don't kill the bill or weaken it beyond recognition. We need to make a massive commitment to energy efficiency measures, clean and renewable sources of energy, mass transit, and more.

Of course, dirty-energy industries say we can't do it, that we're not up to the challenge. We need to make sure Democrats in Congress don't fall for Big Oil and Coal's argument just because it's delivered by some familiar faces who used to work on Capitol Hill.

Help get our ad on the air immediately with a contribution of $25. Please click here:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ed markey. well, at least moveon has a sense of humor.

Yes indeed! What some in here fail to acknowledge is that many conservative voters turned their backs on the Republican Congress and the Bush administration for their collective spending spree - a spree they were rightfully criticized for.

Unfortunately, what we have now is an Obama administration, and a Democrat Congress, that has elevated this spending to never before seen levels - in the name of crisis of course.

But instead of sounding the alarm, the amusingly blind and partisan supporters of Obama and all things Democrat in here now support this spending - defend it. Call it necessary.

It is amusing - though also sad and potentially dangerous, as such individuals represent a vastly intellectually dishonest section of the voting public that endangers the very foundations of our system of governing.

For the record, I did not vote for Bush in 2000 or 2004. I did not keep the corrupt in office.

Really? What a shock, I would have never guessed that on my own. :lol:

Sorry, I voted for Bush in 2004.

I did it so that Bush could clean up his mess. Then, it did not occur to me that this was the republicans concept of good government. Not up until Bush mumbled something about a MANDATE.

Yes indeed! What some in here fail to acknowledge is that many conservative voters turned their backs on the Republican Congress and the Bush administration for their collective spending spree - a spree they were rightfully criticized for.

Unfortunately, what we have now is an Obama administration, and a Democrat Congress, that has elevated this spending to never before seen levels - in the name of crisis of course.

But instead of sounding the alarm, the amusingly blind and partisan supporters of Obama and all things Democrat in here now support this spending - defend it. Call it necessary.

It is amusing - though also sad and potentially dangerous, as such individuals represent a vastly intellectually dishonest section of the voting public that endangers the very foundations of our system of governing.

Do you deny there is a financial crisis?

If not, is your position that the Govt should have let the banks, financial institutions and Detroit go down the pipe?

I did it so that Bush could clean up his mess. Then, it did not occur to me that this was the republicans concept of good government. Not up until Bush mumbled something about a MANDATE.

Well there you go. You should have paid attention to what was going on back then.

If you couldn't have figured out for yourself in 2000 that by increasing military spending, drug spending, and slashing revenues would lead to record deficits, by 2004 the evidence was plain as day. The deficit was over $500 billion in 2003.

You've only yourself to blame.

Really? What a shock, I would have never guessed that on my own. :lol:

heh heh just wanted to make sure the record was clear.

Well there you go. You should have paid attention to what was going on back then.

If you couldn't have figured out for yourself in 2000 that by increasing military spending, drug spending, and slashing revenues would lead to record deficits, by 2004 the evidence was plain as day. The deficit was over $500 billion in 2003.

You've only yourself to blame.

Yep, I still do.

At the time, I kept telling myself--"These guys can't be serious to continue doing this." And
" They just need a second chance to right the ship."

Now, I am like "Come on, I gave you guys two chances!!"

Say it ain't so.

The DEMS getting pork?!

Dear MoveOn member,

You're probably making fun of the politicians that actually care about us. What has Rush told you about this man that makes you make fun of him? How has the right demonized him to the point that you mock him?

:clap2: This is exactly what I mean, the disingenuousness on display is quite remarkable, and you nailed it with intellectually dishonest, nothing better describes it, except maybe partisan hypocrite.

Say it ain't so.

The DEMS getting pork?!

Dear MoveOn member,

And look at me Del, pointing out that some Democrats can be bought and paid for. If only you guys would admit your party is corrupt from the top down.

heh heh just wanted to make sure the record was clear.

You're so partisan, there never could have been any doubt. No worries on that score.

Thank goodness. The post to me talked about keeping corruption in power, I was concerned he thought I had voted for Bush.

Thinking Bush was corrupt and believing that Obama is not, shows you to be either very naive, or a blind partisan. Neither are very flattering.

You're so partisan, there never could have been any doubt. No worries on that score.

Thank goodness. The post to me talked about keeping corruption in power, I was concerned he thought I had voted for Bush.

Thinking Bush was corrupt and believing that Obama is not, shows you to be either very naive, or a blind partisan. Neither are very flattering.

The issue was keeping corruption in power. Since Obama wasn't in power prior to 2009 your point is irrelevant. In 2012 I'll decide whether I think Obama should be kept in power.

Forum List

Back