Dems Afraid to Meet with Constituents

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
profiles in courage, indeed. :lol:

"In New Hampshire, where open political meetings are deeply ingrained in the state’s traditions, Representative Carol Shea-Porter’s campaign Web site had this message for visitors: “No upcoming events scheduled. Please visit us again soon!”

Ms. Shea-Porter, a Democrat, attended a state convention of letter carriers on Saturday, but she did not hold a town-hall-style meeting during the Congressional recess. In 2006, when she was an underdog candidate for the House, she often showed up at the meetings of her Republican rival, Representative Jeb Bradley, to question him about Iraq."

Political Memo - To Avoid Voter Rage, Democrats Skip Town Halls - NYTimes.com

"In New Hampshire, where open political meetings are deeply ingrained in the state’s traditions, Representative Carol Shea-Porter’s campaign Web site had this message for visitors: “No upcoming events scheduled. Please visit us again soon!”

Ms. Shea-Porter, a Democrat, attended a state convention of letter carriers on Saturday, but she did not hold a town-hall-style meeting during the Congressional recess. In 2006, when she was an underdog candidate for the House, she often showed up at the meetings of her Republican rival, Representative Jeb Bradley, to question him about Iraq."

They're probably still having nightmares over what they faced during the town hall meeting's over health care---:lol::lol: Now that they passed it against their constitutents wishes--I imagine public appearances are totally out of the question.

I dont blame them, I'd be hiding out to. They are hoping that between now and November voters will just forget about them.

This is occuring all over the country as a result of the people moving back to the founding principles of our nation. Constituents in all districts are embracing the views of our founding fathers and rejecting the far-left radical agenda that has been advanced for the past year and a half. If this movement continues, America can be restored.

How many did her GOP counterpart hold during this same period?

I don't care what party you're in. If you won't meet with your constituents, you shouldnt be in office. How are you supposed to represent someone you don't meet with?

Then again, does she care about representing her area? Or is she in office to do something else entirely?

Nice try at moral equivalence. But radical fail.

In fact the Dems are doomed. ANyone on office who hasnt been clearly opposed to DC's business as usual is doomed, I dont care what party they're from.
The American People are sick to death of Democrats. They're sick to death of Republicans who talk one way and then spend more and expand more government. They've had it. They're pissed as hell and they aren't going to take it anymore.

In fact the Dems are doomed. ANyone on office who hasnt been clearly opposed to DC's business as usual is doomed, I dont care what party they're from.
The American People are sick to death of Democrats. They're sick to death of Republicans who talk one way and then spend more and expand more government. They've had it. They're pissed as hell and they aren't going to take it anymore.

For anyone who CAN'T read through the Rabbi's hypocritical smokescreen, the answer would be ZERO.

For anyone who CAN'T read through the Rabbi's hypocritical smokescreen, the answer would be ZERO.

You really can't be that stupid, right?
The quote from the OP says the present incumbent showed up at her rival's meetings. WTF do you think it was talking about??

You really can't be that stupid, right?
The quote from the OP says the present incumbent showed up at her rival's meetings. WTF do you think it was talking about??

Doesn't it suck when you can't even answer the SIMPLEST of questions, Rabbi?

GOP counterpart? There is no GOP representative from New Hampshire. There are two GOP Senators and they both were againt the healthcare bill.

Who, exactly, would this "GOP counterpart" BE???

The person she ran against, last election? The one she'll be running against in the next election?

I mean, you DO understand that once someone is elected, They are the ONE and only, right? There ISN"T a "counterpart."

Fail, as in:

epic-fail.jpg

I interpreted VaYank's remark as meaning her predecessor. ANd the article clearly spoke about town meetings of the predecessor.
But you're right. It could mean anything.
Yet another example of VaYank's excessive party hacking. I need to learn to ignore him more.

I interpreted VaYank's remark as meaning her predecessor. ANd the article clearly spoke about town meetings of the predecessor.
Yet another example of VaYank's excessive party hacking. I need to learn to ignore him more.

PLEASE add me to your ignore list....

Who, exactly, would this "GOP counterpart" BE???

The person she ran against, last election? The one she'll be running against in the next election?

I mean, you DO understand that once someone is elected, They are the ONE and only, right? There ISN"T a "counterpart."

Fail, as in:

epic-fail.jpg

So, what you are saying is that the GOP has been COMPLETELY erradicated from NH?

I think most Dems are running for cover at this point. They can't have Town Hall meetings because they don't want to face the people. Without all that "I hate BOOOOOOOOSH" stuff,most Democrats are completely lost & useless. Most Democrats that have won recent elections ran solely on that "I hate BOOOOOOOOSH" stuff. Without their BOOOOOOOOOSH Boogeyman,it's all over for most Democrats. They really have screwed things up very badly. I think most view this Dem-led Congress to be the worst U.S. Congress in history. Things just can't much worse for Congress at this point. It's time for real change. Make 2010 count people.

since her GOP counterpart hasn't been elected yet, i don't see how he/she could have meetings with his/her constituents as one can't have constituents prior to being elected.

PLEASE add me to your ignore list....

I've added you to "Too Fucking Stupid to Breath Without Instructions" list. Does that help?

When you are in the middle of carrying forward a "scorched Earth" campaign against your constituents and their interests, it's no time to have a town hall meeting and hear back from them.

There will be plenty of time to hear from them when they are cowed into submission.

Forum List

Back