Dems Afraid to Meet with Constituents

I interpreted VaYank's remark as meaning her predecessor. ANd the article clearly spoke about town meetings of the predecessor.
But you're right. It could mean anything.
Yet another example of VaYank's excessive party hacking. I need to learn to ignore him more.

PLEASE add me to your ignore list....

I've added you to "Too Fucking Stupid to Breath Without Instructions" list. Does that help?

I just LOVE watching dopes like you attempt to insult people for being stupid when you can't even spell at a 5th grade level. Take yet ANOTHER bow, Cali-G!!:clap2:

profiles in courage, indeed. :lol:

"In New Hampshire, where open political meetings are deeply ingrained in the state’s traditions, Representative Carol Shea-Porter’s campaign Web site had this message for visitors: “No upcoming events scheduled. Please visit us again soon!”

Ms. Shea-Porter, a Democrat, attended a state convention of letter carriers on Saturday, but she did not hold a town-hall-style meeting during the Congressional recess. In 2006, when she was an underdog candidate for the House, she often showed up at the meetings of her Republican rival, Representative Jeb Bradley, to question him about Iraq."

Political Memo - To Avoid Voter Rage, Democrats Skip Town Halls - NYTimes.com

How many did her GOP counterpart hold during this same period?

since her GOP counterpart hasn't been elected yet, i don't see how he/she could have meetings with his/her constituents as one can't have constituents prior to being elected.

Are you trying to say there are no elected GOP folks in NH?

Out of curiosity, how many elected Republicans are holding town hall meetings? Porter's what, a representative? How many Republican representatives have been holding town hall meetings?

since her GOP counterpart hasn't been elected yet, i don't see how he/she could have meetings with his/her constituents as one can't have constituents prior to being elected.

no, i said nothing like that. i said that her counterpart, by which i assume you mean her opponent, has no constituents by definition. the other rep from nh is also a dem. they have one gop senator, judd gregg.

the other guy did it too is still a weak excuse for not doing the right thing.

This is occuring all over the country as a result of the people moving back to the founding principles of our nation. Constituents in all districts are embracing the views of our founding fathers and rejecting the far-left radical agenda that has been advanced for the past year and a half. If this movement continues, America can be restored.

:cuckoo:

no, i said nothing like that. i said that her counterpart, by which i assume you mean her opponent, has no constituents by definition. the other rep from nh is also a dem. they have one gop senator, judd gregg.

....but accusing the Dem of not holding town halls, knowing full well that ther GOP senator has held none IS doing the right thing? Help me understand this logic, del?

....but accusing the Dem of not holding town halls, knowing full well that ther GOP senator has held none IS doing the right thing? Help me understand this logic, del?

i'm not accusing anyone of anything. i posted a link from the uber right wing new york times that reported, assuming the reporter is telling the truth, facts. i offered my opinion on those facts and solicited other opinions.

i have no knowledge of gregg's current activities with his constituents, but in the past he has always been pretty accessible. as i said previously, the other guy did it to is a very weak excuse, especially if you don't know for certain that the other guy did, in fact, do it too.

"In New Hampshire, where open political meetings are deeply ingrained in the state’s traditions, Representative Carol Shea-Porter’s campaign Web site had this message for visitors: “No upcoming events scheduled. Please visit us again soon!”

Ms. Shea-Porter, a Democrat, attended a state convention of letter carriers on Saturday, but she did not hold a town-hall-style meeting during the Congressional recess. In 2006, when she was an underdog candidate for the House, she often showed up at the meetings of her Republican rival, Representative Jeb Bradley, to question him about Iraq."

And that's a NY Times article! :lol:

Note to members of Congress: Listen to your constituents next time.

i'm not accusing anyone of anything. i posted a link from the uber right wing new york times that reported, assuming the reporter is telling the truth, facts. i offered my opinion on those facts and solicited other opinions.

i have no knowledge of gregg's current activities with his constituents, but in the past he has always been pretty accessible. as i said previously, the other guy did it to is a very weak excuse, especially if you don't know for certain that the other guy did, in fact, do it too.

I can only assume you are not seeing your inherent hypocrisy by pointing out something about one side, while not giving a shit about what the other side is doing. VERY unlike you del, but this makes twice in two weeks...

I'm embarrassed for you. Ouch. That dumb!

I'm embarrassed for you. Ouch. That dumb!

Don't be. PLEASE keep showing everyone your 3rd grade education.

Out of curiosity, how many elected Republicans are holding town hall meetings? Porter's what, a representative? How many Republican representatives have been holding town hall meetings?

You want a complete list? Here's just a few for starters Kevin McCarthy, Peggy Mast, Connie O'Brien, Owen Donohoet, Sandra Bohne, and Jana Goodman. Not to mention my representatve Ron Paul, who's also had some town hall meetings.

Nice try at moral equivalence. But radical fail.

In fact the Dems are doomed. ANyone on office who hasnt been clearly opposed to DC's business as usual is doomed, I dont care what party they're from.
The American People are sick to death of Democrats. They're sick to death of Republicans who talk one way and then spend more and expand more government. They've had it. They're pissed as hell and they aren't going to take it anymore.

For anyone who CAN'T read through the Rabbi's hypocritical smokescreen, the answer would be ZERO.

You really can't be that stupid, right?
The quote from the OP says the present incumbent showed up at her rival's meetings. WTF do you think it was talking about??

sounds like she might be thinking of ditching the demonRats and becoming a Republican..

Nice try at moral equivalence. But radical fail.

In fact the Dems are doomed. ANyone on office who hasnt been clearly opposed to DC's business as usual is doomed, I dont care what party they're from.
The American People are sick to death of Democrats. They're sick to death of Republicans who talk one way and then spend more and expand more government. They've had it. They're pissed as hell and they aren't going to take it anymore.

For anyone who CAN'T read through the Rabbi's hypocritical smokescreen, the answer would be ZERO.

You really can't be that stupid, right?
The quote from the OP says the present incumbent showed up at her rival's meetings. WTF do you think it was talking about??

In 2006, when she was an underdog candidate for the House, she often showed up at the meetings of her Republican rival, Representative Jeb Bradley, to question him about Iraq.

They're probably still having nightmares over what they faced during the town hall meeting's over health care---:lol::lol: Now that they passed it against their constitutents wishes--I imagine public appearances are totally out of the question.

You would be correct. Why should they bother when the only ones attending might be screamers who are totally uninterested in listening to anyone but themselves?

I interpreted VaYank's remark as meaning her predecessor. ANd the article clearly spoke about town meetings of the predecessor.
But you're right. It could mean anything.
Yet another example of VaYank's excessive party hacking. I need to learn to ignore him more.

Um, no, you need to learn how not to be such a hypocrite. What are you if not a classic hack?

They're probably still having nightmares over what they faced during the town hall meeting's over health care---:lol::lol: Now that they passed it against their constitutents wishes--I imagine public appearances are totally out of the question.

You would be correct. Why should they bother when the only ones attending might be screamers who are totally uninterested in listening to anyone but themselves?

Didn't you mean to say "why should they attend and listen to anyone who disagrees with them?"

"Now listen John, the election is over, so umm shut up and do what I tell you "

This is occuring all over the country as a result of the people moving back to the founding principles of our nation. Constituents in all districts are embracing the views of our founding fathers and rejecting the far-left radical agenda that has been advanced for the past year and a half. If this movement continues, America can be restored.

Incredible how the right-wing ideologues actually believe they can take the country backwards. All of that stuff makes for nice platitudes, but ignore reality.

Incredible how the right-wing ideologues actually believe they can take the country backwards. All of that stuff makes for nice platitudes, but ignore reality.

Wait. so the reality is America has no chance of ever being a fiscally conservative nation with a relatively small government ever again? Oops too bad you forgot history runs in a circle, not a straight line.

Interestingly, last summer I happened to be listening to CSPAN on my way home (yes it's an illness, but I'm that kind of sicko) and they were broadcasting a town hall meeting down in Louisiana. The member was a democrat, but he was against passing health care. It was a VERY well attended meeting, but I didn't hear anything but applause and cheers from the crowd.

So, it doesn't seem to be related to party affiliation nor town hall meetings. Maybe it's just when a member is being really, really stupid and their constituents want to set them straight on the matter. I think even more so when it involves taxing and spending them into absolute oblivion. For some reason this behavior tends to evoke an emotional response. Go figure.

I can't remember, were you for or against allowing all the anti-war protesters that used to show up at town hall meetings yelling at the Rep. to "Stop this illegal war."

Forum List

Back