Democrats switch parties

Blaster

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2022
More Democratic voters in Pennsylvania are switching to the GOP than Republican voters are switching to the Democratic Party, a problematic trend for President Joe Biden in his quest to win the Keystone State in 2024.

In 2023, 35,589 Democrats switched to the Republican Party in the swing state, while only 15,622 Republicans flipped over to the Democratic Party, according to the state’s voter registration data as of Dec. 18.

"Current voter registration trends and polling in Pennsylvania should be setting off alarms for President Biden and Democrats at the state and national level," Erik Telford, Commonwealth Foundation senior vice president of public affairs, told Newsweek.

The data also show that both parties saw droves of voters become unaffiliated with either party, as 20,908 Democrats and 18,927 Republicans left their respective parties.

Half again more dems switched to the gop and and 41K dumped party affiliation altogether. Not a good sign at all for the dems.....Looks like PA is back in play again. :)

1703781648423.png

More Democratic voters in Pennsylvania are switching to the GOP than Republican voters are switching to the Democratic Party, a problematic trend for President Joe Biden in his quest to win the Keystone State in 2024.

In 2023, 35,589 Democrats switched to the Republican Party in the swing state, while only 15,622 Republicans flipped over to the Democratic Party, according to the state’s voter registration data as of Dec. 18.

"Current voter registration trends and polling in Pennsylvania should be setting off alarms for President Biden and Democrats at the state and national level," Erik Telford, Commonwealth Foundation senior vice president of public affairs, told Newsweek.

The data also show that both parties saw droves of voters become unaffiliated with either party, as 20,908 Democrats and 18,927 Republicans left their respective parties.

Half again more dems switched to the gop and and 41K dumped party affiliation altogether. Not a good sign at all for the dems.....Looks like PA is back in play again.
Sounds like the Republicans registering dead relatives! 😜

I can't imagine why. I highly recommend they run some luggage stealing freak shows with leather doggie buddies and more sexually mutilated gimps, so they can turn this trend around.

I suspect some are but given the failures of the dems I'd say most aren't. Immigration is becoming a huge issue in the Yankee states.
But there really is no reason to switch parties if you are disgruntled with your own party that election season... other than wanting to vote in the political party's primary....the only thing it helps with is in a party primary, you can vote for the Party candidates.

this can be done negatively by the switchers, to get a weaker candidate as the winner, so going against their real party and opposite candidate,

or it can be done for a positive reason by these switchers, because they are unsure of who they will be voting for 10 months from now, or know it won't be a Democrat and want the candidates they like most, to be the challengers to their political party's candidate....

Or as you said, they are just switching partys, because they have just had it with them....

But there really is no reason to switch parties if you are disgruntled with your own party that election season... other than wanting to vote in the political party's primary....the only thing it helps with is in a party primary, you can vote for the Party candidates.

this can be done negatively by the switchers, to get a weaker candidate as the winner, so going against their real party and opposite candidate,

or it can be done for a positive reason by these switchers, because they are unsure of who they will be voting for 10 months from now, or know it won't be a Democrat and want the candidates they like most, to be the challengers to their political party's candidate....

Or as you said, they are just switching partys, because they have just had it with them....

Given 41K did just that I suspect that's the case.....I won't carry their water for them either.

I guess many Democrats are dissatisfied with Biden's presidency.

Pa has a closed primary system, thus people wanting to impact the GOP primary are switching to be Repubs so they can vote in their primary.

Forum List

Back