Democrats See 'Firewall' Holding To Preserve Iran Deal

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi feels good about sustaining a presidential veto.

WASHINGTON, Aug 2 (Reuters) - U.S. backers of the Iran nuclear deal are increasingly confident of enough Democratic support to ensure it survives review by Congress, despite fierce opposition by majority Republicans and a massive lobbying drive.

By the time the House of Representatives recessed for the summer last week, no senior Democrat in the chamber had come out formally against the agreement and several central figures, including Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, were strongly in favor.

Pelosi said she was confident that if, as expected, Republicans pass a "resolution of disapproval" to try to sink the deal, a promised veto of that measure by President Barack Obama would be sustained.

At least 44 Democrats in the House and 13 Democrats in the Senate would have to defy Obama and join Republicans in opposing the deal to get the two-thirds majorities in both chambers needed to override a veto.

"More and more of them (House Democrats) have confirmed to me that they will be there to sustain the veto," Pelosi told reporters.

More: Democrats See Firewall Holding To Preserve Iran Deal

Sounds good. Another great victory for President Obama - and the world.

And when we get hit by a terrorist attack financed by Obozo's deal, or God forbid, Iran gets a nuke, look for the Dimwit Party to be finished.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi feels good about sustaining a presidential veto.

WASHINGTON, Aug 2 (Reuters) - U.S. backers of the Iran nuclear deal are increasingly confident of enough Democratic support to ensure it survives review by Congress, despite fierce opposition by majority Republicans and a massive lobbying drive.

By the time the House of Representatives recessed for the summer last week, no senior Democrat in the chamber had come out formally against the agreement and several central figures, including Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, were strongly in favor.

Pelosi said she was confident that if, as expected, Republicans pass a "resolution of disapproval" to try to sink the deal, a promised veto of that measure by President Barack Obama would be sustained.

At least 44 Democrats in the House and 13 Democrats in the Senate would have to defy Obama and join Republicans in opposing the deal to get the two-thirds majorities in both chambers needed to override a veto.

"More and more of them (House Democrats) have confirmed to me that they will be there to sustain the veto," Pelosi told reporters.

Ain't that wunnerful?

they've barely started to debate it, (if they've started at all), and already they decided to sustain the veto?

And when we get hit by a terrorist attack financed by Obozo's deal, or God forbid, Iran gets a nuke, look for the Dimwit Party to be finished.
Plenty of countries have nukes, including NK.. They may talk some shit, but the only ones they seem to be really scaring are the Republicans. People with any sense and the Iranians themselves realize they'd be signing their own death warrant, if they used one.

They'll blame Bush. Or the GOP. Or the Tea Party. Or President Cruz. They never take responsibility.

Plenty of countries have nukes, including NK.. They may talk some shit, but the only ones they seem to be really scaring are the Republicans. People with any sense and the Iranians themselves realize they'd be signing their own death warrant, if they used one.
Are the North Koreans members of a religiously fanatical death cult dedicated to destroying a nearby country at any cost? No. But the Iranians are.

Are the North Koreans members of a religiously fanatical death cult dedicated to destroying a nearby country at any cost? No. But the Iranians are.
They're members of a politically fanatical death cult. I don't see any real difference. I wouldn't trust the country to the Republicans, if they're anything like the wimps on this board..

They'll blame Bush. Or the GOP. Or the Tea Party. Or President Cruz. They never take responsibility.
Leave running the country to someone with balls, like Hillary.

Leave running the country to someone with balls, like Hillary.

Always amazes me how she talks so clearly.

Lots of practice?

So you're saying Kerry's testimony before Congress was just to let them know that Kerry and Obozo want to finance Iran killing Americans??
Kerry Acknowledges Iran May Use Weapons Obtained Through Agreement To Kill Americans Israelis - YouTube

They're members of a politically fanatical death cult. I don't see any real difference. I wouldn't trust the country to the Republicans, if they're anything like the wimps on this board..
Wimp huh? Coming from someone who is outraged at a lion getting killed. All the while defending the mass murders and organ selling being done on our soil on defenceless babies. I'd call your kind, pussies.

Ain't that wunnerful?

they've barely started to debate it, (if they've started at all), and already they decided to sustain the veto?

Can't they also read before debate?

Ain't that wunnerful?

With "You have to pass it to see what's in it" Pelosi??????

Ain't that wunnerful?

No, at least not Pelosi.

She prefers to pass something before she knows what's in it.

Ain't that wunnerful?

No, at least not Pelosi.

Nancy is so smart - and so hot.

Ain't that wunnerful?

No, at least not Pelosi.

Nancy is so smart - and so hot.
You need to lay off the firewater...
pelosi.jpg

Wimp huh? Coming from someone who is outraged at a lion getting killed. All the while defending the mass murders and organ selling being done on our soil on defenceless babies. I'd call your kind, pussies.
Sorry, lying wimp. I haven't posted on the lion getting killed and organ selling is a made up story. I'd say the real pussy is the person who can't be truthful.

Your posts just reinforce my point that the rightwingers on this board are a bunch of idiots.

Plenty of countries have nukes, including NK. They may talk some shit, but the only ones they seem to be really scaring are the Republicans. People with any sense and the Iranians themselves realize they'd be signing their own death warrant, if they used one.
So you're saying Kerry's testimony before Congress was just to let them know that Kerry and Obozo want to finance Iran killing Americans??Kerry Acknowledges Iran May Use Weapons Obtained Through Agreement To Kill Americans Israelis - YouTube
That comes under the heading of "anything's possible". What gets my goat is they way you cry about something that's highly improbable. Man up, will ya? Remember Kerry was in Vietnam while most of the Republican heroes of the era wimped out. Hell, even Al Gore was there! Being a chickenhawk seems to be a character trait in the party, except for McCain and Powell, of course. :salute:

Forum List

Back