Democrats Second Guessing Strategy of Focusing on Women's Issues

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
So they've begun to realize women aren't as stupid as they thought they were. Too little, too late.

WASHINGTON — Democrats are nervously counting on an enduring edge among female voters in most states to prevent a Republican rout in Tuesday’s elections. Yet so great is the uncertainty that even before the returns are in, some are second-guessing the party’s strategy of focusing more on issues like abortion and birth control than on jobs and the economy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/01/u...with-women-to-limit-election-losses.html?_r=0

Nothing was going to keep the Senate for the DEMS this year with the retirements from their own caucus. Second guessing is inevitable but they should continue to focus on expanding their influence in growing demographics.

WhatDifferenceDoesItMake-big.jpg

Please. If Hagan wins in NC it will almost soley be because of her huge lead in female voters. The same can almost be said of Shaheen in NH.

The war on women strategy did not work for them. It is something they probably regret using. There is no war on women. The Democrat party is seriously out of touch with the American people I believe.

Please. If Hagan wins in NC it will almost soley be because of her huge lead in female voters. The same can almost be said of Shaheen in NH.

She won't win. ( I don't believe she will win nor do I believe Grayson will win )

She won't win. ( I don't believe she will win nor do I believe Grayson will win )

Yet I desperately hope she runs, especially with gaffs like, "Don't believe when anyone tells you that corporations create jobs"

Dear Hildabeast, Please, please, please run!

Strictly speaking the Dems are not "second guessing" anything. That is just wishful thinking on the right and it happens immediately before every election whenever the GOP's internal polling is out of sync with expectations.

They are setting up a strawman so that they can use it to explain anomalies in the outcomes of various races.

The OP's premise would only have validity if there were a measurable demographic shift away from the Dems by women voters and they were flocking to support GOP candidates. However there simply aren't any signs of that happening.

Instead we have polling that is reflective of lower midterm voter turnout which is across the board except for the die hard bases.

Strictly speaking the Dems are not "second guessing" anything. That is just wishful thinking on the right and it happens immediately before every election whenever the GOP's internal polling is out of sync with expectations.

They are setting up a strawman so that they can use it to explain anomalies in the outcomes of various races.

The OP's premise would only have validity if there were a measurable demographic shift away from the Dems by women voters and they were flocking to support GOP candidates. However there simply aren't any signs of that happening.

Instead we have polling that is reflective of lower midterm voter turnout which is across the board except for the die hard bases.
LOL. You are second guessing the GOP and spewing it from a position of authority. That you don't have.
Tip: pictures in you sig file don't mean shit.

LOL. You are second guessing the GOP and spewing it from a position of authority. That you don't have.
Tip: pictures in you sig file don't mean shit.

As usual the substance of your post is conspicuous by it's absence. That you felt it necessary to nitpick about a triviality is par for the course for someone of your meager intellect. Have a nice day.

As usual the substance of your post is conspicuous by it's absence. That you felt it necessary to nitpick about a triviality is par for the course for someone of your meager intellect. Have a nice day.
As usual, I pointed out the worthlessness of your post and you responded with a big fart. Again. Have a lousy day.

As usual, I pointed out the worthlessness of your post and you responded with a big fart. Again. Have a lousy day.

Your cognitive shortcomings are your problem.

Hagan is very likely going to win. Tillis hasn't lead in a single poll of that race.

And what of Ernst in Iowa? It's looking very likely she will win, yet she falls in line with most conservatives on these issues.

The OP's premise would only have validity if there were a measurable demographic shift away from the Dems by women voters and they were flocking to support GOP candidates. However there simply aren't any signs of that happening

Women have moved in the GOP's direction since September. In last month's AP-GfK poll, 47 percent of female likely voters said they favored a Democratic-controlled Congress while 40 percent wanted the Republicans to capture control. In the new poll, the two parties are about even among women, 44 percent prefer the Republicans, 42 percent the Democrats.

AP-GfK Poll Most expect GOP victory in November - Yahoo News

female likely voter

When you are only looking at a subset of voters in a midterm election you are being disingenuous.

The sentence immediately prior to the one you quoted still shows that a majority prefers a Dem congress.

Among all adults, 38 percent say they'd like the Democrats to wind up in control of Congress, to 36 percent for the Republicans. But the GOP holds a significant lead among those most likely to cast ballots:

Amongst "all adults" the Dems still hold a significant lead in women voters.

The only reason your poll shows the result that it does is because in Midterms married white women are more likely to vote than single women.

Since AP probably skewed their poll results based upon that historical precedent the actual results could be further to the left if the Dems GOTV is more effective than is currently being estimated by the pollsters.

Forum List

Back