Democrats pushing for FREE STUDENT LOANS...shouldn't the degrees be stripped from those who dont pay...like a repossessed car or foreclosed home?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
If you do not pay for the product or service, you do not get the benefit of the product or service.

Doesnt that only make sense?

If you dont pay your student loan, you don't get any of the course credits you didn't pay for.

Fair enough.

But if the borrower has a degree in German Polka, French poetry or Lesbian Studies, there is no benefit to the degree. So its not a motivation to those deadbeats.

I get your angle. It makes sense.

Maybe the universities should give the money back to the students, who can then repay the gubmint.

If the degree is in something productive, like engineering, yes, the degree becomes null and void. To put it in ghetto terms, the degree is in layaway until it's paid for.

If it's in gender studies or the origins of "Xhe" and Xshit", no harm no foul. They're going to end up under a bridge with the rest of the mentally ill, no sense pursuing the theft.

If you do not pay for the product or service, you do not get the benefit of the product or service.

Doesnt that only make sense?

If you dont pay your student loan, you don't get any of the course credits you didn't pay for.

That's thinking out of the box man, GREAT POINT

Where is my mortgage and car financing forgiveness?

I willingly and knowingly agreed to terms and conditions in exchange for my house and my car where I have to make payments to repay my debt. Why is it students who do the same thing should just have their debt erased, yet still got an education be allowed to have the degree while I lose my house and car if I don't pay?

The only people I could see having student loans forgiven would be say people over the age of 50 that have been paying on it for 10 years or more. And maybe not even forgiven, just drastically reduced.

I willingly and knowingly agreed to terms and conditions in exchange for my house and my car where I have to make payments to repay my debt. Why is it students who do the same thing should just have their debt erased, yet still got an education be allowed to have the degree while I lose my house and car if I don't pay
The only people I could see having student loans forgiven would be say people over the age of 50 that have been paying on it for 10 years or more. And maybe not even forgiven, just drastically reduced.

People are getting home loans at incredibly low rates while people are getting next to nothing on their savings.

I willingly and knowingly agreed to terms and conditions in exchange for my house and my car where I have to make payments to repay my debt. Why is it students who do the same thing should just have their debt erased, yet still got an education be allowed to have the degree while I lose my house and car if I don't pay?

There are programs for loan forgiveness for teachers who work for a certain number of years in urban school districts.

There are programs for loan forgiveness for teachers who work for a certain number of years in urban school districts.

That's essentially an increased salary for working a shit job in a shit place. Seems fine to me.

Forum List

Back