Democrats...please explain how you think you can “have it all”?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
You want free health care...right?
You want free college...right?
You want ‘welfare’ increased...right?
You want higher minimum wage...right?
You want more spent on ‘science’...right?
AND you want to extend all of what you want to 12-50 million illegal aliens...right?

Soooo, how do you think this all happens and why do you think our most productive, positive contributors should happily embrace the idea of funding it all?

Well to be fair to them, they expect you to fund it.

They’ll just stand there with their hands out like a beggar in the street preying on your sympathies have and have NO intention of funding any of this themselves, but someone else?

Oh Hell yah they are all for that!

AND you want to extend all of what you want to 12-50 million illegal aliens...right?

Soooo, how do you think this all happens and why do you think our most productive, positive contributors should happily embrace the idea of funding it all?

Last edited:

Because they want to be like Venezuela. Democrat paradise. Never mind most of them will be digging through trash cans to eat, at least someone else didn't get to keep their tax deductions. They got more so it was unfair. Right up until they found out fair equals nobody has anything and never will.

Demorat policy is poverty for everyone.

I’m really hoping some Libs get in on this...I think they often times get lost in their intended nobility and forget and or refuse to consider the economics and impact some things have on American society.

Well to be fair to them, they expect you to fund it.

They’ll just stand there with their hands out like a beggar in the street preying on your sympathies have and have NO intention of funding any of this themselves, but someone else?

Oh Hell yah they are all for that!

One hand out like a beggar and the other holding a gun to your head...A communist by any other name.

:clap2::clap2: Best post of the day!

We should prepare signs for the midterms using your post. Stand in the auditorium of the Democrat's campaign speeches and let the media get the sign on tape!

We should prepare signs for the midterms using your post. Stand in the auditorium of the Democrat's campaign speeches and let the media get the sign on tape!

I dunno, CNN would edit the words before it got to prime time.

OP-er, I suspect you don't much care for it when folks, rather than being courteous enough to present you with neutrally phrased questions that request clarification(s), take it upon themselves to frame, oversimplify, extrapolate ad absurdum, mis-contextualize, and/or employ other means of equivocation to bend what you say into something you didn't have in mind or say.....

OP-er, are you truly not aware that the nature of your perceptions about what Democrats have officially asserted they "want" and what Democrats have officially asserted they indeed "want" just aren't the same things? For some strange reason, you seem to have heard someone whom you believe to be a Democrat state they think/want that "such and such" be done, and hearing that person say such, you in turn infer that that single individual's (or group's) attestations are the official positions of the Democratic party. Well, unless the person whom you heard utter "whatever" is the Chairman of the DNC, or someone speaking formally on his behalf, the remarks you heard are merely that person's wishes and wants and some quantity of others may or may not agree with that person, but none of their doing so makes the given position be that of Democrats in the "broad brush" way you've presented the notions in your OP.....

....To wit, would you please provide the credible documentation that specifies that the things you assert Democrats want are in fact things the Democrats have asserted that they want.

In what context(s)? Even the ACA didn't propose free healthcare in the unqualified way your statement above does.

AFAIK, no. I am aware that some Democrats have advocated for free college, the Democratic 2016 platform did not attest to "wanting free college," which is not the same thing as aiming to make community college free, the latter being part of the Democrats' 2016 platform.

I'm not going to address this question you posed because it's too vague and too ambiguous. If you can add the following elements of precision to your question, I might be able to give you a credible answer.
  • What do you mean by "increase?"
    • Lower the qualification requirements one must meet to receive public assistance, thereby increasing the quantity of people who are eligible to receive it?
    • Increase the maximum sum of assistance that may be provided under any given program?
    • Increase the actual sum of assistance given to individuals/families meeting certain criteria?
    • Increase the nature of assistance that may be given to include goods/services that are not currently in the "bundle" of "stuff" qualifying individuals may receive?
  • Quantify, please, the nature and extent to which you perceive Democrats want to increase "welfare."
    • What do you consider to be welfare? Feel free, so long as you are precise, to enumerate specific programs or precisely describe specific genres of resource distributions, or precisely describe the beneficiaries and benefactors of welfare such that there's no overlap between them and there's no mistaking what individuals and entities fall into either class.
Democrats probably do want to see the federal minimum wage increased to $15/hour.

More than what? I'm not aware that Democrats expressly have articulated a "want" for more being spent on science. I am aware that Democrats have decried the reductions in spending that the current Administration has effected.

I have not ever seen anything indicating that Democrats want to extend all of anything n the "broad brush" way you've described it to the 11M illegal aliens who are in the U.S.​

So, OP-er, if you can add some specificity to your questions so that they can actually be answered directly with a "yes" or "no" that can be objectively shown to be either accurate or inaccurate, well, then you might find you get some substantive conversation going.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to give billions of dollars to billionaires!

It's the only thing that makes sense!

OP-er, I suspect you don't much care for it when folks, rather than being courteous enough to present you with neutrally phrased questions that request clarification(s), take it upon themselves to frame, oversimplify, extrapolate ad absurdum, mis-contextualize, and/or employ other means of equivocation to bend what you say into something you didn't have in mind or say.....

OP-er, are you truly not aware that the nature of your perceptions about what Democrats have officially asserted they "want" and what Democrats have officially asserted they indeed "want" just aren't the same things? For some strange reason, you seem to have heard someone whom you believe to be a Democrat state they think/want that "such and such" be done, and hearing that person say such, you in turn infer that that single individual's (or group's) attestations are the official positions of the Democratic party. Well, unless the person whom you heard utter "whatever" is the Chairman of the DNC, or someone speaking formally on his behalf, the remarks you heard are merely that person's wishes and wants and some quantity of others may or may not agree with that person, but none of their doing so makes the given position be that of Democrats in the "broad brush" way you've presented the notions in your OP.....

....To wit, would you please provide the credible documentation that specifies that the things you assert Democrats want are in fact things the Democrats have asserted that they want.

In what context(s)? Even the ACA didn't propose free healthcare in the unqualified way your statement above does.

AFAIK, no. I am aware that some Democrats have advocated for free college, the Democratic 2016 platform did not attest to "wanting free college," which is not the same thing as aiming to make community college free, the latter being part of the Democrats' 2016 platform.

I'm not going to address this question you posed because it's too vague and too ambiguous. If you can add the following elements of precision to your question, I might be able to give you a credible answer.
    • Lower the qualification requirements one must meet to receive public assistance, thereby increasing the quantity of people who are eligible to receive it?
    • Increase the maximum sum of assistance that may be provided under any given program?
    • Increase the actual sum of assistance given to individuals/families meeting certain criteria?
    • Increase the nature of assistance that may be given to include goods/services that are not currently in the "bundle" of "stuff" qualifying individuals may receive?
  • Quantify, please, the nature and extent to which you perceive Democrats want to increase "welfare."
    • What do you consider to be welfare? Feel free, so long as you are precise, to enumerate specific programs or precisely describe specific genres of resource distributions, or precisely describe the beneficiaries and benefactors of welfare such that there's no overlap between them and there's no mistaking what individuals and entities fall into either class.
Democrats probably do want to see the federal minimum wage increased to $15/hour.

More than what? I'm not aware that Democrats expressly have articulated a "want" for more being spent on science. I am aware that Democrats have decried the reductions in spending that the current Administration has effected.

I have not ever seen anything indicating that Democrats want to extend all of anything n the "broad brush" way you've described it to the 11M illegal aliens who are in the U.S.​

So, OP-er, if you can add some specificity to your questions so that they can actually be answered directly with a "yes" or "no" that can be objectively shown to be either accurate or inaccurate, well, then you might find you get some substantive conversation going.....

Nowhere to go on this one?
The defense mechanism is in high gear...The diversion techniques are weak fellas.
Xelor wants to pretend I’m way off with my “presumptions” and inject a shit-ton of complexity into it all with meaningless word play and courtroom level mumbo-jumbo and deanrd wants to turn the thread comical.
Come on guys...Step your shit up.
Try again....explain how you can have all you beg for and extend all you beg for to 12-50 million illegal aliens and expect our best to happily fund your desires?

The defense mechanism is in high gear...The diversion techniques are weak fellas.
Xelor wants to pretend I’m way off with my “presumptions” and inject a shit-ton of complexity into it all with meaningless word play and courtroom level mumbo-jumbo and deanrd wants to turn the thread comical.
Come on guys...Step your shit up.
Try again....explain how you can have all you beg for and extend all you beg for to 12-50 million illegal aliens and expect our best to happily fund your desires?
Where I have "to go on this one" depends on your putting some precision into your questions. I'm certainly not going to run "all around Robin Hood's barn of overgeneralizations. Are you going to reply directly to the specific requests I made or are you not? You can say, yes or say no, makes no difference to me, but absent the precision I requested, I don't care to discuss what Democrats want or don't want because I'm not a Democrat.

Well played paid poster, well played. Funny thing, we have liberal socialists calling for these things daily on the forum. Bernie would have won on his free college gambit if the progressive regressive party had not rigged the primaries.

Well played paid poster, well played. Funny thing, we have liberal socialists calling for these things daily on the forum. Bernie would have won on his free college gambit if the progressive regressive party had not rigged the primaries.
What are you laughing at fire water boy? Bring it.

That is precisely water Socialism ia all about. Do I have to find Maxine Waters "slip of the rongue" when she said "Socialism" instead of democracy?

Here ya go....

Oh I love that Maxine! Don't you just love the people at her table getting a load of "Socializing?"

Last edited:
I’m really hoping some Libs get in on this...I think they often times get lost in their intended nobility and forget and or refuse to consider the economics and impact some things have on American society.
Sure why not.
There is no such thing as FREE healthcare. What Libs want is everyone covered, most of the industrialized world has this already and they fund it mostly, out of public funds. As a result they are cheaper.In fact the American healthcare system is the most expensive in the world, if you look at the cost of out of pocket plus publicly funded it is way more expensive. So when you are trying to make a case for it being to expensive one should take in consideration that it already is,and for abysmal results compared to other rich nations.Health expenditure, total (% of GDP) | Data
Again no such thing exist. It comes down to how you want it funded out of tax money, or out of pocket. Since either way has an economic cost the premise is flawed.

Yes since there is a direct correlation between poverty and stuff as life expectancy, incarceration rate, social mobility, etc. The cost to society is negligible compared to it's benefits.
Again yes for the same reason as mentioned in the previous point, and since the cost of it is not to the society as a whole but rather to business interest it wouldn't cost the tax payer nothing.

Yes, science CREATES opportunity. In order to get a computer, science had to invent it, this made people start companies as IBM, Apple etc. The same can be said for nearly all luxuries we have today. Treating science like it for some reason is detrimental to society is bonkers.

How do you get those numbers? And furthermore in a society that has already full employment immigration IS necessary.
As to funding. Claiming social programs that help society as a whole are to expensive while having a military that has spend 611 BILLION dollars in 2016 is insane .List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia

The Republicans just cut taxes, adding hundreds of billions to the debt, and now they want big spending increases adding hundreds of billions to the debt.

Who wants to have it all????

Okay, let's look at that.

Let's start with the easy one. Health care. The United States currently spends 17% of it's GDP on health care. Meanwhile the other industrialized nations which have universal coverage spend between 8-11%. Lots of people making a lot of money off our current system, and it produces the worst statistics in the industrialized world. So just by going to single payer, we free up 6% or more of GDP to spend on other things.

Next up- Free College- Again, the problem here is that college has become a money making venture. You put a single payer system in place, and you aren't going to see universities spending huge amounts of money on facilities that add nothing to the learning experience, but are just meant as advertisements to attract customers.

So that's actually two areas where doing it the left's way would SAVE money. This isn't complicated, the Europeans have already figured this out. (We could have the discussion about whether everyone needs to go to college later.)

No one wants welfare increased. We'd prefer to have everyone make a living wage on their own. Having a 15/Min wage would do a lot to accomplish that.

Investing in science pays for itself. Economic innovation and technological innovation makes us all better off. We wouldn't HAVE an internet if the government hadn't kicked it off.

as for illegals, nobody has suggested granting amensty to all 11 million of them, most of whom have jobs and are probably more productive than you are, Cleetus.

Forum List

Back