Democrats Plan to Legalize Marijuana in 2021

Today's politicians can't do a damned thing about the problems that future generations face but they can at least kill reefer madness in the criminal justice system. I personally cannot wait for the day I can take a puff right in front of a cop. .

Continued proof that your priorities are all F'ed up! Thanks for the confirmation.
I don't even smoke that often anymore but I got busted about thirty years ago and they were real assholes about it. I want to be an asshole back just a little, just once.

"Democratic Senate leadership has a plan to legalize marijuana at the federal level at some point this year.

In a joint statement released Monday, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden and Senator Cory Booker detailed how the Democratic-controlled upper chamber will prioritize federal marijuana legalization in the new Congress. They plan to introduce legislation in the coming weeks designed to establish a taxed and regulated cannabis market."

More at the link...

Last congress, a bill to legalize marijuana actually passed the House. It never came to the floor of the Senate...

So far this year, Republican Gregory Steube of Florida has introduced a bill to reclassify marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III. It has zero cosponsors, so it probably won't go anywhere...

The question is, if/when this happens, will Biden sign it? I suspect he will, despite his previous opposition to legalization, because he is a puppet.
It's the only way they can convince people that an ice age can be created by global warming and that destroying an industries jobs creates more jobs.
View attachment 458716
The 1980's called and wants it's climate extremists nuclear proliferation essay back.

nope,, trafficking implies force,, prostitution is voluntary,,

Prostitution is the very definition of sex trafficking.

your link proves you wrong,,,

Hardly.

{

The U.S. Government adopted a strong position against legalized prostitution in a December 2002 National Security Presidential Directive based on evidence that prostitution is inherently harmful and dehumanizing, and fuels trafficking in persons, a form of modern-day slavery.

Prostitution and related activities—including pimping and patronizing or maintaining brothels—fuel the growth of modern-day slavery by providing a façade behind which traffickers for sexual exploitation operate.

Where prostitution is legalized or tolerated, there is a greater demand for human trafficking victims and nearly always an increase in the number of women and children trafficked into commercial sex slavery.

Of the estimated 600,000 to 800,000 people trafficked across international borders annually, 80 percent of victims are female, and up to 50 percent are minors. Hundreds of thousands of these women and children are used in prostitution each year.

}

Today's politicians can't do a damned thing about the problems that future generations face but they can at least kill reefer madness in the criminal justice system. I personally cannot wait for the day I can take a puff right in front of a cop. .

Continued proof that your priorities are all F'ed up! Thanks for the confirmation.
I don't even smoke that often anymore but I got busted about thirty years ago and they were real assholes about it. I want to be an asshole back just a little, just once.

I smoked in front of cops plenty of times back in Vietnam War protest rally's with no problems. Wasn't as big a deal as I thought it would be.

nope,, trafficking implies force,, prostitution is voluntary,,

Prostitution is the very definition of sex trafficking.

your link proves you wrong,,,

Hardly.

{

The U.S. Government adopted a strong position against legalized prostitution in a December 2002 National Security Presidential Directive based on evidence that prostitution is inherently harmful and dehumanizing, and fuels trafficking in persons, a form of modern-day slavery.

Prostitution and related activities—including pimping and patronizing or maintaining brothels—fuel the growth of modern-day slavery by providing a façade behind which traffickers for sexual exploitation operate.

Where prostitution is legalized or tolerated, there is a greater demand for human trafficking victims and nearly always an increase in the number of women and children trafficked into commercial sex slavery.

Of the estimated 600,000 to 800,000 people trafficked across international borders annually, 80 percent of victims are female, and up to 50 percent are minors. Hundreds of thousands of these women and children are used in prostitution each year.

}

again that clearly says its two different things,,,

"Democratic Senate leadership has a plan to legalize marijuana at the federal level at some point this year.

In a joint statement released Monday, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden and Senator Cory Booker detailed how the Democratic-controlled upper chamber will prioritize federal marijuana legalization in the new Congress. They plan to introduce legislation in the coming weeks designed to establish a taxed and regulated cannabis market."

More at the link...

Last congress, a bill to legalize marijuana actually passed the House. It never came to the floor of the Senate...

So far this year, Republican Gregory Steube of Florida has introduced a bill to reclassify marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III. It has zero cosponsors, so it probably won't go anywhere...

The question is, if/when this happens, will Biden sign it? I suspect he will, despite his previous opposition to legalization, because he is a puppet.
It's the only way they can convince people that an ice age can be created by global warming and that destroying an industries jobs creates more jobs.
View attachment 458716
The 1980's called and wants it's climate extremists nuclear proliferation essay back.
4ykldr.jpg

More at the link...

The people want it....and why not? Another revenue stream would be welcome, i think.
Banking is the key.

If it's legal, it makes this legitimate, instead of being a cash only enterprise. It's legal in Illinois, quite popular, and they have opened up numerous cannabis shops where I live. I can't indulge, I could lose my job, but have no problem with those who do, and probably would if I could. I've heard these shops cannot directly deposit their receipts because banks know it's illegal federally and want to avoid being charged with laundering so how in the hell this money gets to the bank I have no idea, perhaps they go to credit unions that are not backed by the Federal government? Bitcoin? I don't really know.
It's catching on as banks see it as not "taboo" to do business with the cannabis industry (which isn't going away)

Deal offers more banking services for California pot farms | KRCR (krcrtv.com)

Minorities have always been most impacted by marijuana laws, ruining far too many lives for nothing. This is the first step, the next would be expungement.

I am sure they will also be into buying some Cannabis stocks, too!
I bought many last year when I saw the Dem's bill going to the floor of the House. I did not expect it to go to the Senate, and it did not, but at that moment, I knew it was going to be inevitable and a good time to invest for the long-term.

Not sure what else to buy now that Dems control all three branches. I suppose maybe green energy stocks and also oil (ironically). I bought USO (oil fund) at $20 and it's over $40 now, with plenty of upside potential. It was at 100 a year ago. If it hits 80, I will have quadrupled my investment.

Maybe defense contractor stocks would be a good buy, since Dems like to start wars. :-(

More at the link...

Or he will do what the majority wants.
The majority wanted and voted for Trump.
This is a lie.

More at the link...

This is a lie.
No it is not. Massive fraud stole the election. Trump received 12 million more votes than he did in 2016. Biden did not get more than any candidate ever. That by itself proves there was fraud. You can't be stupid enough to believe that so it makes you a criminal traitor just like the new illegitimate administration. Period.

More at the link...

This is a lie.
No it is not. Massive fraud stole the election. Trump received 12 million more votes than he did in 2016. Biden did not get more than any candidate ever. That by itself proves there was fraud.
You're a liar.

There was no massive voter fraud.

The majority of the people wanted Trump gone, and thankfully so.

More at the link...

This is a lie.
No it is not. Massive fraud stole the election. Trump received 12 million more votes than he did in 2016. Biden did not get more than any candidate ever. That by itself proves there was fraud.
You're a liar.

There was no massive voter fraud.

The majority of the people wanted Trump gone, and thankfully so.
GOP plaintiff prevailed on 14 of the 21 cases decided on the merits.

Last edited:

???

You're always an asshole.
Nicest guy you would ever want to meet but you never forget the people who humiliated you.

You got caught. It was a long time ago.
Fuhgettaboutit!
You people are still pissed about losing the civil war.

More at the link...

Bullshit. Quit lying.
You are doing the lying. There was massive fraud. Your lies will never change that fact.
You are pathetic.

Forum List

Back