Democrats deserting the sinking ship in droves

In sharp contrast to the almost-delirium that greeted Obama when he first ran, Democrats are now pretending as hard as they can that they aren't associated with him, don't know him, never had anything to do with him.

And they're even acting like they expect normal people to believe them.

Can these failed leftists get any less relevant?

---------------------------------------------------

http://online.wsj.com/articles/democratics-anonymous-1412971909

Democratics Anonymous
Obama? Never heard of him.

by James Taranto
October 10, 2014

The front-page story in Wednesday’s New York Times hardly qualified as news: “In This Election, Obama’s Party Benches Him.” Reporter Jonathan Martin described the president as “an isolated political figure who is viewed as a liability to Democrats in the very states where voters by the thousands had once stood to cheer him.” Four days earlier, the paper had reported (also on page A1) that even Michelle Obama was making herself “scarce,” although she seems nearly ubiquitous by comparison with her lesser half.

But this is getting ridiculous.

Alison Lundergan Grimes is Kentucky’s secretary of state and the Democratic challenger to the state’s senior senator, Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. In an editorial board meeting yesterday with the Louisville Courier-Journal, she “refused to say . . . if she voted for President Barack Obama in 2008 or 2012,” the paper reports.

The video of the exchange is comically awkward. An off-camera female editorialist asks a straightforward question: “Did you vote for President Obama, 2008, 2012?”

“You know,” Grimes replies, “this election, uh, isn’t about the president. It’s about—”

“I know,” the editorialist assures the candidate. “But did you vote for him?”

Grimes remains on message: “—making sure we put Kentuckians back to work, and—” By this point, the editorialist has repeated the question a third time: “Did you vote for him?”

The candidate changes tack, responding with not one but two non sequiturs: “I was actually in ’08 a delegate for Hillary Clinton, and I think that Kentuckians know I’m a Clinton Democrat through and through. I respect the sanctity of the ballot box, and I know that the members of this editorial board do as well.”

“So you’re not going to answer,” says the editorialist.

Whereupon Grimes displays her own keen command of the obvious: “Again, I don’t think that the president is on the ballot.”

But as the Daily Caller notes, she was an Obama delegate in 2012, so she voted for him at least once.
Anyway, how likely is it that she voted for John McCain or Mitt Romney (or Ralph Nader or Gary Johnson) in the general election? It is reasonable to surmise that the question makes her uncomfortable because the answer is that she did what anyone would expect and voted for her party’s presidential nominee.

Grimes is not the only Senate challenger whose evasiveness strains credulity. “Kansas Senate candidate Greg Orman has refused to declare which political party he will caucus with if elected,” reports the Washington Free Beacon. In fact, on Wednesday “Orman said he was insulted” by the question: “ ‘I sort of reject the premise’ of identifying a party, Orman said. ‘I think it’s an opportunity for Kansas to define the agenda in the United States Senate.’ ” We don’t think the word “define” means what he thinks it means.

Orman is running as an independent, but if he defeats Republican incumbent Pat Roberts, he will owe his victory to the Democrats, who last month threw their own nominee, Chad Taylor, under the bus to clear the way for him.
Oh, I remember James Taranto. He is a whacked-out RWNJ who writes lots of stupid shit and his tweets have gotten him in trouble more than once. These facts make this thread totally entertaining. We also heard Righties claim that the DEMS were deserting Obama in 2012. He won.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

What a cute clusterphuck you all make. So you take an Op/Ed from a rightwing rag owned by a rightwing douchebag named Rupert Murdoch and now hold hands and circle dance? Surely you've got more than that.
Yeah your in the middle of that circle dance.

That's "you're" dummy.
An Obama supporter calling someone else dumb? You have no room to talk.

Why and how do you think Obama was elected? It was a backlash vote against Bush and Cheney, the same way that Jimmy Carter was a backlash vote against the Nixon regime.
Actually Hillary was pretty much chosen, then a black man stepped in. He had no qualifications to be president. Wasn't vetted by the press and won just because he was black. His record proves he wasn't qualified to be president, and polls are also proving it.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Is this supposed to be unique to Democrats?

lol

Romney distances himself from Bush-era neoconservatives

Romney distances himself from Bush-era neoconservatives - Los Angeles Times

It's politics. Put your pants back on.
Republicans don't blindly support their representatives, the way liberals do.

LOL, that's funny.
It's true. Republicans demand accountability from office holders. Anthony Weiner is a classic example. Democrats defended him until they could no longer ignore the evidence. Then Democrats attacked those who revealed the truth.

No, that is a lie. Democrats were split on this issue. I thought he should get to stay in office because all he did was send dick pics, while David Vitter, who was busted with hookers, only had to pray for forgiveness. He was hypocrite who ran on family values, and he got to stay in office.

Then your party voted in "pro-life" Scott DesJarlais, even after he was caught having an affair with one of his patients, and talked her into having an abortion, along with his wife who had two abortions. Scott, another family values guy.

Lets not forget Appalachia trail guy.

You are a hypocrite.

What a cute clusterphuck you all make. So you take an Op/Ed from a rightwing rag owned by a rightwing douchebag named Rupert Murdoch and now hold hands and circle dance? Surely you've got more than that.

That's "you're" dummy.

Why and how do you think Obama was elected? It was a backlash vote against Bush and Cheney, the same way that Jimmy Carter was a backlash vote against the Nixon regime.
Actually Hillary was pretty much chosen, then a black man stepped in. He had no qualifications to be president. Wasn't vetted by the press and won just because he was black. His record proves he wasn't qualified to be president, and polls are also proving it.

Sour grapes!

I always laugh when Righties take the "Democrats deserting a sinking ship" approach.

My, this is fun.

In 2012, the Freepers were electified with one story after another about how DEMS were like rats deserting a sinking ship.

Result:

Obama 51.01% + (332 EV)
Romney 47.15% + (206 EV)
Margin: Obama +3.86%

Those whacked out Righties also took one weird outlier poll from GA showing Romney getting 22% of the black vote (rofl) and went on for 10 days about how Black voters were deserting the President.

On election night: black vote

Obama 93
Romney 6
Johnson 1

Yepp, this stuff is always fun to watch.

Righties, after all these years, still don't get it that dissent and disagreement within the party is what makes the Democratic Party a GREAT party with an enormous tent and lots of ideas, both in and out of the box.

To no one's surprise, not a single liberal dares to discuss this subject.

LOL it sucks to be a liberal on USMB....really sucks, LOL. Their world much be IMPLODING!

Why? I am doing quite well, thank you.

Do you always have this deep psychological need to project upon others, or just the need to be a blithering asshole?

lol

LOL, that's funny.
It's true. Republicans demand accountability from office holders. Anthony Weiner is a classic example. Democrats defended him until they could no longer ignore the evidence. Then Democrats attacked those who revealed the truth.

No, that is a lie. Democrats were split on this issue. I thought he should get to stay in office because all he did was send dick pics, while David Vitter, who was busted with hookers, only had to pray for forgiveness. He was hypocrite who ran on family values, and he got to stay in office.

Then your party voted in "pro-life" Scott DesJarlais, even after he was caught having an affair with one of his patients, and talked her into having an abortion, along with his wife who had two abortions. Scott, another family values guy.

You are a hypocrite.
I disagree. Now go fuck yourself.

To no one's surprise, not a single liberal dares to discuss this subject.
Y'know what? To ask someone how they voted is, to me, insulting. I don't care who they are.

The voting booth is sacred to me. It's like the Confessional in a Church. You don't fucking go there with such questions.

And I never ever told my children how to vote. I simply implored them to vote.

"Did you vote for...." ?

What horse shit.

I think the point of the question was to embarrass Grimes BECAUSE this President is now so toxic for Democrats! The voting booth is sacred but when someone's running for office it's hard to see how asking how they voted would be off limits because you are voting for someone to go to Washington as your proxy and vote FOR you. Wanting to know where candidates stand on issues is something an informed electorate should know.

What's amusing is to watch Grimes contort so as NOT to answer. She would have been better served by simply saying "Of course I voted for Obama."

lol

LOL, that's funny.

You are a hypocrite.
I disagree. Now go fuck yourself.

LOL!

Bottom line at this point is this...does anyone here REALLY think that Allison Grimes is NOT going to vote the Party line and support President Obama's agenda when she gets to Washington?

She's a politician trying to get elected. Truthfulness is not her friend right now!

That's "you're" dummy.

Sour grapes!
What? Him being a democrat failure is not my fault. I didn't vote for him you did.

Forum List

Back