Democrats deal with the foreclosure crisis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Katzndogz, Oct 20, 2011.

  1. Katzndogz

    Katzndogz Diamond Member

    Sep 27, 2011
    Thanks Received:
    Trophy Points:
    By giving out residency visas to any foreigner who wants to buy one more than $500,000. In some places that's not even a good sized condo!

    Senators Draft Bill To Give Visas To Foreigners Buying Pricey Homes | Fox News

    The reeling housing market has come to this: To shore it up, two Senators are preparing to introduce a bipartisan bill Thursday that would give residence visas to foreigners who spend at least $500,000 to buy houses in the U.S.

    The provision is part of a larger package of immigration measures, co-authored by Sens. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., and Mike Lee, R-Utah, designed to spur more foreign investment in the U.S.

    Foreigners have accounted for a growing share of home purchases in South Florida, Southern California, Arizona and other hard-hit markets. Chinese and Canadian buyers, among others, are taking advantage not only of big declines in U.S. home prices and reduced competition from Americans but also of favorable foreign exchange rates.

    To fuel this demand, the proposed measure would offer visas to any foreigner making a cash investment of at least $500,000 on residential real-estate-a single-family house, condo or townhouse. Applicants can spend the entire amount on one house or spend as little as $250,000 on a residence and invest the rest in other residential real estate, which can be rented out.

    Now that's gonna help American homeowners!
  2. TruthSeeker56

    TruthSeeker56 Silver Member

    Jul 19, 2011
    Thanks Received:
    Trophy Points:
    New Hampshire
    I've got a house for sale, and it's been on the market for over two years!

    If Pedro or Abdul or HopSing want to make an offer, I'm listening!

Share This Page