Democrat's bill seeks to ban loaded guns in airports

xdangerousxdavex

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Dem s bill would ban guns from airports TheHill

Finally, airports would be much safer. Rules in force prohibit passengers from carrying guns beyond security checkpoints, only packing them into registered luggage unloaded and locked in cases. The new rules would make non-secure airport zones gun-free too. That’s great, but… Don’t you think we needed this bill long time ago?

Another law isn't needed, not by a long shot. There's more than enough laws about firearms already on the books - they just need to be enforced.
Enacting a law against something does not automagically keep someone from doing it. If it did, the crime rate would be at absolute zero, and there would be no need for police or criminal courts.
As I wrote elsewhere, laws only work when a potential violator fears the punishment that they might receive more than they desire what they might gain by performing the illegal act.

I'm curious ---- just how many shootings have there been in the past two years that happened in the pre-screening area of the nation's airports???

Sounds like a waste of time and effort to me ...

Dem s bill would ban guns from airports TheHill

Finally, airports would be much safer. Rules in force prohibit passengers from carrying guns beyond security checkpoints, only packing them into registered luggage unloaded and locked in cases. The new rules would make non-secure airport zones gun-free too. That’s great, but… Don’t you think we needed this bill long time ago?

This appears to be a political posturing bill whose underlying purpose is to undermine State concealed-carry laws.

Forum List

Back