Democrats Bend Over for Big Donors

The whining over handing ambassadorships to people who aren't qualified is also hypocritical. Bush appointed Roland Arnall as ambassador to the Netherlands when Arnall should have been sent to prison instead. He was a critical player in the subprime mortgage fraud industry.

So I would be very careful about what yardstick you use to measure these appointees. Someone (wink, wink) might come along and use that same yardstick to measure previous appointees of other Presidents.

The word you are looking for is "patronage". It's as old as mankind, and yes it is as ugly and corrupt as it gets.

The whining over handing ambassadorships to people who aren't qualified is also hypocritical. Bush appointed Roland Arnall as ambassador to the Netherlands when Arnall should have been sent to prison instead. He was a critical player in the subprime mortgage fraud industry.

So I would be very careful about what yardstick you use to measure these appointees. Someone (wink, wink) might come along and use that same yardstick to measure previous appointees of other Presidents.

The word you are looking for is "patronage". It's as old as mankind, and yes it is as ugly and corrupt as it gets.
Darn, did I call it or what?

Sorry, you are in the "or what" category.

You have clearly mistaken my stating of the obvious as supporting patronage, even though I clearly said it is as ugly and corrupt as it gets. Clean your glasses and take a reading comprehension course.

As for the rest of my post, I was pre-empting any partisan dickweeds who might have been tempted to act hypocritically and fashion a yardstick they would not want used across all Administrations.

See, I am a "plague on both your houses" kind of guy. Not a "two wrongs make a right (tu quoque)" kind of guy.

You called it! :clap::clap::clap:

Forum List

Back