Democrats believe they are in charge of us once in office

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I remember the mosque controversy in New York State a few years ago and despite massive protest about its construction it was built. There wasn't much the government could do about it because the construction was legal so they were not in violation of any laws but I do remember the then governor reprimanding the protestors. I understand if people disagree with the protestors but when elected officials feel that they can tell us what to think and what we should be ashamed of then I wonder if this is a democracy anymore. Shouldn't the people tell the politicians what they should be ashamed of instead of the other way around? It just seems like everything is in reverse and not working how a liberal democracy should work.

The "people" vote out those that they dont like....if they can. Seems to me youre confused about the size of the group of people that agree with you. IOW you lack the political power to make change.

Democrats believe they are in charge of us once in office...

and wingnuts think they're in charge without even being elected.

I remember the mosque controversy in New York State a few years ago and despite massive protest about its construction it was built. There wasn't much the government could do about it because the construction was legal so they were not in violation of any laws but I do remember the then governor reprimanding the protestors. I understand if people disagree with the protestors but when elected officials feel that they can tell us what to think and what we should be ashamed of then I wonder if this is a democracy anymore. Shouldn't the people tell the politicians what they should be ashamed of instead of the other way around? It just seems like everything is in reverse and not working how a liberal democracy should work.

You think we've abandoned democracy because the governor of New York expressed his opinion about people protesting the construction of a mosque? You believe this governor was telling you what to think?

You might be a retard.

Forum List

Back