Democratcare

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
You can find a lot of stuff about Hillarycare I, but I’m probably the only guy in the world that refers to the Affordable Care Act as HillaryCare II. I will continue to do so even though:

Two of America’s largest mainstream media outlets have decided reporters should cut down on the use of the term “Obamacare,” fearing it’s gotten too negative of a connotation.

Tom Kent, the deputy managing editor and standards editor of The Associated Press who is responsible for “accuracy and balance” across the stories carried on AP’s newswire, wrote a column Tuesday telling reporters to back off using the term “Obamacare” when referring to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

Obama's media lapdogs ban 'dirty' word ...
Top outlets warn reporters to cut back on 'derogatory' term
Published: 18 hours ago
DREW ZAHN

Obama?s media lapdogs ban ?dirty? word ?

It matters not what the media calls that train wreck. It’s important that Hillary Clinton be held accountable should she get her party’s nomination in 2016. No one should forget that she was the architect of a bill that was every bit as rotten as is Hillarycare II.

By the way, if you remember 1993 you remember that then-First Lady Hillary Clinton and her crowd were more secretive than Pelosi and Reid. After the details in UNELECTED CO-PRESIDENT Hillary Clinton’s bill began to come out nobody called it Hillarycare I because nobody thought there would a Hillarycare II.

What’s in a name? A lot in this case.

In 2010 every Democrat voted for it. Every Democrat in 2013 will defend it. It’s a Democrat party thing; so in all fairness it should be called Democratcare. That’s why the focus should shift from the president to congressional Democrats. They gave the country Hillarycare II. Selling it was and is Taqiyya’s job.

And if Republicans are getting the blame for shutting down the government as the media claims why must they drop the term Obamacare? In the unlikely event they are telling the truth about Republicans losing the blame game it looks like they are throwing in a winning hand.

Moving on to another media story:

george%20well%20660%20abc.jpg

NEW YORK – FOX News Channel has hired noted political columnist and author George Will as a contributor.

Will, who served most recently as a panelist for ABC’s "This Week with George Stephanopoulos," will offer analysis and commentary across Fox News’ daytime and primetime programming, including on the panels of "Special Report with Bret Baier" and "FOX News Sunday."

Veteran journalist George Will joins the FOX News team
Published October 01, 2013
FoxNews.com

Veteran journalist George Will joins the FOX News team | Fox News

I guess FOX was listing so far to larboard Roger Ailes had to hire George Will before the SS FOX capsized.

Cable networks fighting over rigged ratings is akin to sex symbols fighting over breast sizes when everybody knows that Hollywood tits are mostly silicon. The one difference is that TV ladies don’t show boobs they show legs. I’m pretty sure network producers think the best legs get the highest ratings. Interestingly, tits and legs are both known in the business as the masturbation factor.

And why the hell is MSNBC’s president crying foul? Rating are just like all of those rigged polls every network reports as hard news.

Phil Griffin, president of MSNBC, says there's something fishy about Tuesday's ratings for the Fox News Channel, which were up significantly from a day earlier when Fox News debuted its new schedule. And he wants an investigation.

MSNBC President Wants 'Investigation' Into Fox News' 'Impossible' Ratings Gain
1:41 PM PDT 10/11/2013 by Paul Bond

MSNBC President Wants 'Investigation' Into Fox News' 'Impossible' Ratings Gain - The Hollywood Reporter

George Will’s move to FOX notwithstanding, Phil Griffin’s biggest worry should be FOX implementing the Fairness Doctrine by loading up on liberals. So long as FOX continues to fool conservatives it will beat the overt liberal cable networks in the ratings. Instead of fighting the problem, Griffin should cram conservative voices into the ears of MSNBC’s liberal audience.

From the OP:

I guess FOX was listing so far to larboard Roger Ailes had to hire George Will before the SS FOX capsized.

Good lord! Is it possible that Roger Ailes out-FOXED us all by hiring yet another big government champion dressed in conservative garb?

Just when you thought the blowback from the defund-shutdown effort couldn't get worse, along comes conservative columnist George Will, claiming that the Tea Party and Obama "have something important in common -- disdain for the practice of politics within the Framers' institutional architecture."

To suggest that the Tea Party has common ground with the one person and administration that stands diametrically opposed to everything they hold dear -- limited government, fiscal responsibility, lower taxes, individual liberty, and free markets -- is a reductio ad absurdum. One wonders if the author is completely out of touch with the people who make up the Tea Party or is just filled with his own disdain for it? I hope the former.

XXXXX

Will has taken this one instance and thrown us all in with Obama. I can't think of a greater insult.

October 21, 2013
George Will Bails Out
Sally Zelikovsky

Blog: George Will Bails Out

In my own defence I have to say that I stopped watching Will on ABC years ago. Way back when I did tune in he was the only reason I watched. His view of the Tea Party makes me think he was infected by a virus more deadly than swine flu —— ABC ideology. One can only pray for a cure.

Keep talking to yourself...

To blastoff: Let me worry about who READS my messages.

In any event I talk to myself because I enjoy listening to someone with good sense. It beats the hell out of talking to halfwits.

Dear Flanders: Could it be a tactic for pointing out problems in irony?
To get people to pay attention who would ignore it otherwise?

Like if you wanted to point out that X is unconstitutional period,
then you use reverse psychology and say hey at least we agree on X.

Like if single payer ppl don't like the mandates, then you show how both
Green single payer and Republicans free market supporters
both disagree with ACA mandates and agree it is corporate corruption.

From the OP:

Good lord! Is it possible that Roger Ailes out-FOXED us all by hiring yet another big government champion dressed in conservative garb?

Just when you thought the blowback from the defund-shutdown effort couldn't get worse, along comes conservative columnist George Will, claiming that the Tea Party and Obama "have something important in common -- disdain for the practice of politics within the Framers' institutional architecture."

To suggest that the Tea Party has common ground with the one person and administration that stands diametrically opposed to everything they hold dear -- limited government, fiscal responsibility, lower taxes, individual liberty, and free markets -- is a reductio ad absurdum. One wonders if the author is completely out of touch with the people who make up the Tea Party or is just filled with his own disdain for it? I hope the former.

XXXXX

Will has taken this one instance and thrown us all in with Obama. I can't think of a greater insult.

October 21, 2013
George Will Bails Out
Sally Zelikovsky

Blog: George Will Bails Out

In my own defence I have to say that I stopped watching Will on ABC years ago. Way back when I did tune in he was the only reason I watched. His view of the Tea Party makes me think he was infected by a virus more deadly than swine flu —— ABC ideology. One can only pray for a cure.

Forum List

Back