Democrat Support For Terrorism Remembered

Let's also give a shout out to Reagan and Oliver North for sending arms to Iran, a demonstration of their "yes Hezbollah, of course we'll negotiate with you and pay you a ransom" philosophy.
North sent obsolete surplus weapons to Iran, which were in turn used against Saddam Hussein. Sold them at grossly inflated prices, paid our government for the weapons and sent the surplus to the Contras, who were fighting our enemies who were trying to establish a permanent Soviet satellite state next to the Panama Canal where most of our oil came through. The reason he had to do it secretly? Because the Democrats who controlled Congress were siding with the Soviet Union to prevent Reagan from defeating communism. I wouldn't call that supporting terrorism, I would call that protecting the American people and American interests in spite of the traitors in the Democratic Party.

So, was he the guy behind the trash can or the one that was hiding in the bowling alley?:eusa_whistle:

Are you really too stupid to admit that you were wrong?

Wait......did you actually claim that stupidity is failing to admit you were wrong???

The concept of irony has spent the entirety of its existence waiting for you to come along and give it meaning.

Actually, I could have been speaking to you as well, but one of your minions took a bullet for you.

Absolutely.

"Last month, Carter penned a remarkable op-ed piece for the New York Times, entitled "America Can Persuade Israel to Make a Just Peace." In it, he let it all hang out as an apologist for Arafat and a bulldog against Sharon. Before getting to that piece, however, we should be clear about just how attached to Arafat and his cause the ex-president is. As Brinkley writes in his book The Unfinished Presidency — about Carter's celebrated post-White House years — "there was no world leader Jimmy Carter was more eager to know than Yasir Arafat." The former president "felt certain affinities with the Palestinian: a tendency toward hyperactivity and a workaholic disposition...."

"...Carter actually acted as PR adviser and speechwriter to Arafat."
Jay Nordlinger on Jimmy Carter on National Review Online

Thank you. While Jay Nordinger, a former Bush speech writer, in somewhat exaggerates and distorts his article in the unltra conservative National Review Online, his source is the book UNFINISHED PRESIDENCY by Douglas G. Brinkley. Brinkley is a Professor of History and a recognized legitimate historiam with impeccable credentials. Without viewing a better context of Brinkley's source it is not possible to determine how far out of context Nordenger has gone. It is possible however to see the distortion between Nordinger's interpretation and Brinkley's. That distortion is relevant and substantial.

" That distortion is relevant and substantial."

Nah.

It's far simpler than that.

You're simply a lap dog for DeathPanelDemocrats.

The facts have no effect on one-dimensional folks like you.

And, of course, lock-step Liberals don't have the capacity to change their perspective....no matter the information they are given.

These are the folks eho voted for

a. affirmative action, creation of different classes based on skin color

b. a legislative icon who was responsible for the death of a young girl, and who plotted with the Russians against the President of the United States

c. a rapist who lost his license for perjury....

d. a radical who supported infanticide, and lived under the tutelage of an America-hater...

So your response to the comment I made after researching the "source of your source" and suggesting that your source and the way it is interpreted by a conservative former Bush speech writer for an untra conservative magazine and repeated by you IMO is distorted in a substantial and relevant way is to respond with "Nah" and go into an off topic anti-liberal rant instead of challanging my opinion about the reliability of how Nodlinger misused Brinkley's assertions. You are lost without your trickster method and style of writing. Let there be no doubt, it is a method and style that is used to influence and harness the low information readers who do not have the time, skill or motivation to check for accuracy and research details. It is a very popular method and style used by many neo-conservative commentators. It seems to work with their neo-conserative base.

Last edited:
Let's also give a shout out to Reagan and Oliver North for sending arms to Iran, a demonstration of their "yes Hezbollah, of course we'll negotiate with you and pay you a ransom" philosophy.
North sent obsolete surplus weapons to Iran, which were in turn used against Saddam Hussein. Sold them at grossly inflated prices, paid our government for the weapons and sent the surplus to the Contras, who were fighting our enemies who were trying to establish a permanent Soviet satellite state next to the Panama Canal where most of our oil came through. The reason he had to do it secretly? Because the Democrats who controlled Congress were siding with the Soviet Union to prevent Reagan from defeating communism. I wouldn't call that supporting terrorism, I would call that protecting the American people and American interests in spite of the traitors in the Democratic Party.

You make wonderful excuses. Perhaps you can give us one for why Reagan, after haveing Marine security and sentries carry unloaded weapons, did not respond to Hezbolloh for the barracks terrorist attack and murder of 250 Marines in Lebanon. Seems like allowing the terrorist to murder your Marines with no response other than to pack up and run away is pretty fuckin' terrorist friendly. Sort of like giving the largest terrorist organization in the world at the time a pardon for killing your unarmed troops. Well, that is an exaggeration, the Marines were armed, they just didn't have bullets. Not sure if that makes them unarmed or not.

You make wonderful excuses.

You mean, he speaks inconvenient facts to your demagoguery.

Perhaps you can give us one for why Reagan, after haveing Marine security and sentries carry unloaded weapons, did not respond to Hezbolloh for the barracks terrorist attack and murder of 250 Marines in Lebanon.

Yawn...

Stupid hating points from KOS are stupid, as are the fuckwads who post them.

Seems like allowing the terrorist to murder your Marines with no response other than to pack up and run away is pretty fuckin' terrorist friendly. Sort of like giving the largest terrorist organization in the world at the time a pardon for killing your unarmed troops. Well, that is an exaggeration, the Marines were armed, they just didn't have bullets. Not sure if that makes them unarmed or not.

Yeah, because you democrats were urging Reagan to go to war in Lebanon, right Herr Goebbels?

Oh wait, you're just lying through your fucking teeth in order to smear those you have been programmed to hate.

Carry on.

Perhaps you can give us one for why Reagan, after haveing Marine security and sentries carry unloaded weapons, did not respond to Hezbolloh for the barracks terrorist attack and murder of 250 Marines in Lebanon.

Yawn...

Seems like allowing the terrorist to murder your Marines with no response other than to pack up and run away is pretty fuckin' terrorist friendly. Sort of like giving the largest terrorist organization in the world at the time a pardon for killing your unarmed troops. Well, that is an exaggeration, the Marines were armed, they just didn't have bullets. Not sure if that makes them unarmed or not.

Yeah, because you democrats were urging Reagan to go to war in Lebanon, right Herr Goebbels?

Oh wait, you're just lying through your fucking teeth in order to smear those you have been programmed to hate.

Carry on.

So you don't have an excuse. All you can do is throw out some bullcrap. I happen to vividly remember when the barracks got hit.
I'm not a Democrat and I don't read KOS. My opinions of the Reagan administration come from having lived through it and watching American's hunted and murdered like dogs while my government let the terrorist get away with it.
So now how about an actual excuse, a viable reason why Reagan allowed our Marines to be posted in a war zone and ordered to carry unloaded weapons. Explain the logic behind putting sentries and force security on duty with non functional weapons. Seems like you hot air blow hards are only able to throw out insults and camoflage for you lack of ability to answer simple questions. Explain why the USA did not respond to the murder of 250 Marines. Go ahead smart guy, tell everyone the excuse for allowing a terrorist organization to murder our people and not even make an attempt at retribution or punishment.

Last edited:

Yawn...

Carry on.

So you don't have an excuse. All you can do is throw out some bullcrap. I happen to vividly remember when the barracks got hit.
I'm not a Democrat and I don't read KOS. My opinions of the Reagan administration come from having lived through it and watching American's hunted and murdered like dogs while my government let the terrorist get away with it.
So now how about an actual excuse, a viable reason why Reagan allowed our Marines to be posted in a war zone and ordered to carry unloaded weapons. Explain the logic behind putting sentries and force security on duty with non functional weapons. Seems like you hot air blow hards are only able to throw out insults and camoflage for you lack of ability to answer simple questions. Explain why the USA did not respond to the murder of 250 Marines. Go ahead smart guy, tell everyone the excuse for allowing a terrorist organization to murder our people and not even make an attempt at retribution or punishment.

By the way, one of the Americans hunted down like a dog, tortured and murdered by Hezbolloh terrorist was Robert Dean Stethem, a 2nd Class Navy Diver with Construction Team 1, Little Creek. He was pulled out from other passangers on a hijacked plane. After being tortured he was murdered and his body thrown out of the plane onto the tarmac. He was 23 years old. The Reagan response was to issue arrest warrents for the individual terrorist and treat the event as a "crime". No response to punish Hezbollah was ordered or attempted. Those who ordered the terrorist hijacking were in reality, given a pardon by Reagan.

So you don't have an excuse.

An excuse for what?

All you can do is throw out some bullcrap. I happen to vividly remember when the barracks got hit.

So do I.

I'm not a Democrat and I don't read KOS.

KOS too conservative and too honest to suit you?

My opinions of the Reagan administration come from having lived through it and watching American's hunted and murdered like dogs while my government let the terrorist get away with it.

"Hunted and murdered like dogs.."

Lie much?

The Lebanon attack was a truck bomb - a single event.

We shouldn't have been there in the first place. We were there to constrain ISRAEL, then the Muzzie Beasts attacked us, so Reagan withdrew support.

People were naive about Muslims back then and feared that the civil war would give Israel the opening to invade Lebanon.

So, from your Monday Morning Quarterback position, what would you have done, once our supposed ally, who we were there to protect, attacked us? Would you have encouraged Israel to occupy Lebanon?

You see, you are a hack, spewing shit. You bank on the idea that people are too young to be familiar with the events, or have forgotten. You seek to leverage that ignorance to support your attack on the enemy of the party.

Why would I need an "excuse?"

How about you explain what the proper response should have been? What would Obama have done? Blamed an internet video?

By the way, one of the Americans hunted down like a dog, tortured and murdered by Hezbolloh terrorist was Robert Dean Stethem, a 2nd Class Navy Diver with Construction Team 1, Little Creek. He was pulled out from other passangers on a hijacked plane. After being tortured he was murdered and his body thrown out of the plane onto the tarmac. He was 23 years old. The Reagan response was to issue arrest warrents for the individual terrorist and treat the event as a "crime". No response to punish Hezbollah was ordered or attempted. Those who ordered the terrorist hijacking were in reality, given a pardon by Reagan.

You sir, are a liar.

Stethem was not killed in the Marine Barracks in Beirut. Instead, he was on a commercial airline flight, while not on duty, IE on vacation, and murdered by terrorist highjackers.

You dishonor Petty Officer Robert Stethem with your partisan lies.

You sir, are a liar.

Stethem was not killed in the Marine Barracks in Beirut. Instead, he was on a commercial airline flight, while not on duty, IE on vacation, and murdered by terrorist highjackers.

You dishonor Petty Officer Robert Stethem with your partisan lies.

Read the quote I posted and you have reposted. Do I say he was killed in the Marine barracks attack? No, it doesn't. What the fuck is wrong with your read comprehension? It states that he was pulled from passangers on a hijacked plane. I am not the one who dishonors Stethem, you sir have made a mistake about him not being on duty. He was not returning from vacation. He was returning from assignment at Nea Mari Navel Communications Station (Greece). After completing his assignment he was returning to Little Creek. The Navy deemed the most efficient way for him to do that was by commercial air.
I posted the Stethem incident as an example of what I meant by Americans being hunted down and murdered like dogs while Reagan and his administration did nothing.

Read the quote I posted and you have reposted. Do I say he was killed in the Marine barracks attack? No, it doesn't.

Then what does he have to do with Reagan? In what way is he linked to the terrorist attack against marines as you asserted?

What the fuck is wrong with your read comprehension? It states that he was pulled from passangers on a hijacked plane.

Let me remind you of your words;

{So now how about an actual excuse, a viable reason why Reagan allowed our Marines to be posted in a war zone and ordered to carry unloaded weapons. Explain the logic behind putting sentries and force security on duty with non functional weapons.}

Another instance of a leftist spewing hatred with utter disregard for the facts.

I am not the one who dishonors Stethem,

Yeah, you really are.

You use him as a pawn in your little shit smearing game.

you sir have made a mistake about him not being on duty. He was not returning from vacation. He was returning from assignment at Nea Mari Navel Communications Station (Greece). After completing his assignment he was returning to Little Creek. The Navy deemed the most efficient way for him to do that was by commercial air.
I posted the Stethem incident as an example of what I meant by Americans being hunted down and murdered like dogs while Reagan and his administration did nothing.

He was stopping off for leave in Israel, on his way back.

North sent obsolete surplus weapons to Iran,

And then Iran, as part of the deal, paid off Hezbollah to release American hostages.

Naturally, that resulted in the taking of more hostages, since Hezbollah learned Reagan would pay the ransoms through Iran.
What hostages did they take after that? Not saying there weren't any, I just don't recall any as a result of that deal. But I DO remember that they held free elections in Nicaragua as a result of our support of the Contras.

And then Iran, as part of the deal, paid off Hezbollah to release American hostages.

Naturally, that resulted in the taking of more hostages, since Hezbollah learned Reagan would pay the ransoms through Iran.
What hostages did they take after that? Not saying there weren't any, I just don't recall any as a result of that deal. But I DO remember that they held free elections in Nicaragua as a result of our support of the Contras.

The so called "obsolete weapons" were TOW missiles and Hawk missiles/missile parts. The transfers began in July of 1985 and lasted until October of 1986.

The so called "obsolete surplus weapons" were TOW missiles and Hawk missiles and missile parts. The sale/transfer began in July of 1985 and lasted until October of 1986. As soon as the last transfer was made the following were kidnapped, Frank Reed, Joseph Cicippio and Edward Tracy. Also, shortly after the weapons deal began, in October of 1985 William F. Buckley was kidnapped and in February 1988 Col. William R. Higgigs was kidnapped.
The elections in Nicaragua didn't occur until 1990, long after Iran/Contra.

Perhaps, but oddly those were about the last American hostages held.

How does your brain, George Soros, account for that?

The so called "obsolete surplus weapons" were TOW missiles and Hawk missiles and missile parts. The sale/transfer began in July of 1985 and lasted until October of 1986. As soon as the last transfer was made the following were kidnapped, Frank Reed, Joseph Cicippio and Edward Tracy. Also, shortly after the weapons deal began, in October of 1985 William F. Buckley was kidnapped and in February 1988 Col. William R. Higgigs was kidnapped.
I'm aware of what kind of missiles they were. They were surplus weapons that were no longer useful to us, short range (no threat to anyone but Iraq), and only enough to sustain them in battle for a few weeks.

Buckley was kidnapped in 1984, not 1985, a year before any weapons sale to Iran. American citizens were told NOT to go to those countries, and the ones who were kidnapped were there KNOWING they may be abducted, including Higgins. It's a stretch to say that the tow missile deal was responsible for the few scattered kidnappings after that, as kidnappings started long before Reagan became president (ask Jimmy Carter) and they're still going on today.

Yes, the first free elections were held in Nicaragua in 1990, and the Contras were still active until then. Don't know what your point is on that one. I didn't claim the sale of weapons to Iran had anything to do with it, other than it enabled us to send more support to the resistance fighters (Contras). Most of the money, however, came from private donors, in spite of the communist-supporting Democrats in Congress like Speaker Wright and Senator Biden who lobbied for $100 million for PBS but said we couldn't afford $100 million to fund the Contras.

Perhaps, but oddly those were about the last American hostages held.

How does your brain, George Soros, account for that?

Not perhaps and nothing odd. Reagan couldn't muster a coalition or support for the defense of or for the Christians or pro west and neutral Sunni's so he cut and ran. Lebanon came under the control of Iran via Hezbollah and Sryria. Armed and well equiped troops of the Revolutionary Guard and Hezbbollah exterminated or chased the Christians out and put any other factions opposed to dictorial rule in graves or into submission. It still goes on to this day. We are still dealing with the same terrorist organizations that should have been annihilated in the 80's.
As Lebanon was being lost, responsibilty for acts of terrorism against the USA shifted to a guy named Muammar Qaddafi who was the dictator of Libya and desired to be viewed as the leader of the Arab world. He ended up giving Reagan and the USA a special Christmas present in 1988 as a response to a weak and lame response by Reagan for Qaddafi's murder of Americian troops in Germany.

Last edited:

I'm aware of what kind of missiles they were. They were surplus weapons that were no longer useful to us, short range (no threat to anyone but Iraq), and only enough to sustain them in battle for a few weeks.

Buckley was kidnapped in 1984, not 1985, a year before any weapons sale to Iran. American citizens were told NOT to go to those countries, and the ones who were kidnapped were there KNOWING they may be abducted, including Higgins. It's a stretch to say that the tow missile deal was responsible for the few scattered kidnappings after that, as kidnappings started long before Reagan became president (ask Jimmy Carter) and they're still going on today.

Yes, the first free elections were held in Nicaragua in 1990, and the Contras were still active until then. Don't know what your point is on that one. I didn't claim the sale of weapons to Iran had anything to do with it, other than it enabled us to send more support to the resistance fighters (Contras). Most of the money, however, came from private donors, in spite of the communist-supporting Democrats in Congress like Speaker Wright and Senator Biden who lobbied for $100 million for PBS but said we couldn't afford $100 million to fund the Contras.

TOW Missiles are still carried by American troops. Over 2,600 of them were supplied to Iran. "Obsolete" and "used against Irag" are old propaganda talking points used back when Iran/Contra was discovered. They were supplied to the Revolutionary Gaurd and the Revolutionary Gaurd were fighting in Lebanon.
Buckley was kidnapped in 1984. His kidnapping led the executive order Directive 138 which was the creation of the task force that was given permission to bargain with the terrorist via Iran.
In regard to funding the Contra forces, they were terrorist. Some people thought is was wrong to fund our selected terrorist while we bitched about other terrorist. Gave general approval for terrorist to exist and operate. Made terrorism OK.

TOW Missiles are still carried by American troops. Over 2,600 of them were supplied to Iran. "Obsolete" and "used against Irag" are old propaganda talking points used back when Iran/Contra was discovered. They were supplied to the Revolutionary Gaurd and the Revolutionary Gaurd were fighting in Lebanon.
Buckley was kidnapped in 1984. His kidnapping led the executive order Directive 138 which was the creation of the task force that was given permission to bargain with the terrorist via Iran.
In regard to funding the Contra forces, they were terrorist. Some people thought is was wrong to fund our selected terrorist while we bitched about other terrorist. Gave general approval for terrorist to exist and operate. Made terrorism OK.
Your opinion, nothing more.

Forum List

Back