Democrat DA Orders No More Arrests for Breaking-Entering, Shoplifting, Property Destruction, Etc.

As usual, this is another right wing thread based on either a misrepresentation or an outright lie. There has been a problem in Suffolk County with improper prosecution, and for now, prosecution for the things on that list must be appropriately overseen by experienced prosecutors.

Denying facts won't make them go away. If you would bother to actually break and down and read her memo, she states clearly that from now on "the default" action will be *not* to prosecute the crimes listed in her memo, and that the only way that the default action cannot be followed is with supervisor permission. So "the default" action on such crimes is not to prosecute them. Do you know what "default" means?

And, pray tell, with Rollins in charge of the DA's office, how has there been a problem with "improper prosecution" for crimes such as breaking and entering, larceny, shoplifting, trespassing, and even resisting arrest? How can you "improperly prosecute" someone for resisting arrest, breaking and entering, property destruction? If they committed the crime, what is "improper" about prosecuting them for it? Hey? Explain that one to us.

Of course I know what default means. All the things on that list can still be prosecuted if a more experienced supervisor feels it is proper. All they have to do is ask. Taking those decisions out of the hands of inexperienced people sounds like a good thing to me. You think a more experienced supervisor will let people go when they should be prosecuted?

Yes they will. It's called kissing up. The prosecutors (knowing the will of the commie DA) will be hesitant to take any action unless no other alternative is available.

Got it. An inexperienced newcomer's judgment is better than an experienced prosecutor. I'm always amazed at right wing logic.

You are once again avoiding the point: From now on in Boston, the default policy will be to not prosecute such crimes, whereas in the rest of the country the default is the opposite. I again remind you that in the OP I noted that the policy allows for deviation from the default but only with a supervisor's permission. So only if a supervisor--senior ADA or the DA--agrees to deviate from the default will any of those crimes be prosecuted, which is the exact opposite of the practice in the rest of the country.

How can any normal, rational person not see that absurdity, not to mention the danger, of this new policy?

You think it's absurd for low level people to check with their supervisor before they take legal action that will effect someone for life. That's just insane.

By the opposing logic a seasoned hooker would make a better wife. After all... Of all people; she should know what makes a man happy...
I’m always amazed at Leftwinger logic...

Are you actually trying to argue that less experience is better than more experience? Yep, right wing logic is truly unique.
And yet the right wingers in this thread are once again destroying you and your dumbass friends.

No.
Denial doesn’t change reality.

You idiots are defending lawlessness. You lost before you began, but the conservatives know that even the worst left wing policies will become law no question without opposition, so in turn the few left wingers who still debate get slaughtered.

Silly claims don't change reality.
When people protest the law, they look at things in a general way. The criminal codes keep expanding. The codes need to be reduced in a specific way. The tentacles need to be reduced and removed. People can be arrested for anything. And there are inept law enforcement organizations who have destroyed people. And they have never been taken to task for it. There are many people who have not forgotten. If say African Americans can go back 400 years I guarantee you tens of millions of others can go back a few decades or so. This is blue and red depending where you lived. And peope who screwed with others that cause misery for others and/or massive lawsuits and still got away with it live on with no consequence. The next big time stock market downturn will give consequence. Spouting that we need to take care of our current payouts to people without adding more that we can not afford.

Are you actually trying to argue that less experience is better than more experience? Yep, right wing logic is truly unique.
And yet the right wingers in this thread are once again destroying you and your dumbass friends.

No.
Denial doesn’t change reality.

You idiots are defending lawlessness. You lost before you began, but the conservatives know that even the worst left wing policies will become law no question without opposition, so in turn the few left wingers who still debate get slaughtered.

Silly claims don't change reality.
When people protest the law, they look at things in a general way. The criminal codes keep expanding. The codes need to be reduced in a specific way. The tentacles need to be reduced and removed. People can be arrested for anything. And there are inept law enforcement organizations who have destroyed people. And they have never been taken to task for it. There are many people who have not forgotten. If say African Americans can go back 400 years I guarantee you tens of millions of others can go back a few decades or so. This is blue and red depending where you lived. And peope who screwed with others that cause misery for others and/or massive lawsuits and still got away with it live on with no consequence. The next big time stock market downturn will give consequence. Spouting that we need to take care of our current payouts to people without adding more that we can not afford.

I'm sure there was some meaning in there somewhere. Sorry, but I couldn't figure out what it might have been.

When I first saw this story, I thought it had to be an April Fools joke. But, it is not. Democrat Rachel Rollins, the DA of Suffolk County, which includes Boston, has ordered the police to stop arresting people for breaking and entering, destruction of private property, shoplifting, receiving stolen property, and other crimes. She has also ordered the police not to cooperate with ICE in arresting illegal immigrants in courthouses, regardless of their crime.

This, folks, is a step toward the situation in Venezuela and in so many other Third World countries where the rule of law does not exist or is very unreliable.

Vicki Batts puts it well when she says,

While Rollins may say her memo is about creating an “equal” justice system, the victims of these now-permissible crimes aren’t likely to feel they are being treated equally. But of course, that’s really the goal here, isn’t it? No one cares about the shopkeepers and homeowners that are victimized. Under far-left dogma, criminals are the true victims, we’re just too “hateful” to see it.​

Left-Wing Cities Going Lawless - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

Another Soros-Linked District Attorney Blocks Boston Police from Making Arrests on Shoplifting, Destruction of Property, Resisting Arrest, Drug Offenses... No Deportation of Illegals

If you think these articles must be exaggerating, here is Rollins' memo:

Rachael Rollins for Suffolk DA | Charges To Be Declined
Democrats are now traitorous outlaws, standing with illegals / criminals / enemies of the United States.

Obstruction to protect Hillary.
A coup attempt versus the President.
Dropped charges against Smoullett...
Want to kill newborn babies
Want to make it legal for illegals to vote...

And you, Mac, you champion proven criminals and traitors...

Some?? Alarms all! Mmake a sign and put it on every house and shop "STEAL FROM ME...IT"S OK" How many kids got involved in a petty theft and got put in jail for 30 days, only to decide this was not the life he wanted. And if I was a homeowner that was involved in a burlary, I would sue the DA for not following the law.

There is a class action opening for a federal complaint in this situation. I'm surprised the Police Union hasn't filed already.

Jo

There is no such thing as “advanced education” anymore.

Universities are nothing but new age churches, filled with crazy and very stupid people.
Another great example, thanks.

You folks really are trained well.
Says the idiot who was literally trained to say the stupid shit you say by a university....
And again!

It's like it's some kind of implant in your brain or something.

Pretty neat!

Sanctimonious fence-sitter sez what?
Please see line 2 of my sig for that lie.

Looks like ol' Mac has the wingers triggered again.

One side or the other, every day, never stops.

Please see my signature, cupcake.

Another great example, thanks.

You folks really are trained well.
Says the idiot who was literally trained to say the stupid shit you say by a university....
And again!

Pretty neat!

And yet you keep bitching about my posts like an angry little girl.

How weird!

It is truly shocking that not committing crimes is never an option.

There is a video of a girl whose brother was shot and killed while in the commission of a breaking and entering crime. The girl loudly proclaimed that the homeowner had no right to shoot her brother. He needed money for school. He needed clothes. How do you expect him to get these things?

Criminals start out with the idea that they aren't doing anything wrong. Now that will be reinforced. It's the opposite of broken windows.

What these leftists don't understand is that people are like animals in the way they perceive things and train.

So it starts off small by some kid hitting a cat with a stick and nothing is done. Next thing you know he's doing it to another child. Then he steals some toys from the store, gets caught, and nothing is done. He grows up breaking into gas stations and stealing all their cigarettes. He finally ends up dead or in jail for armed robbery of a convenience store or beating somebody to death with a bat.

And again!

Pretty neat!

And yet you keep bitching about my posts like an angry little girl.

How weird!

Oh? Proof? :rolleyes:

You were not all that descriptive in your scenarios. You went from "possession" to terrorist threats. I was assuming you meant possession as intent to sell, not a joint in an ashtray somewhere.

B misdemeanors, A misdemeanors.... (what those crimes are) Really; check out how many times PR bonds are issued for these things. Keeping this cycle going is nutty.

Perhaps. But the only thing nuttier is encouraging people to commit those misdemeanors.

Ugh...

So getting back to the example I gave 5 hours ago....

Do you speed excessively on the way home? No.
Why not? Because you'll get a citation.
If you get a lot of citations, they take away your license.

Does NOT having a jail sentence encourage you to speed?
Of course not. You're not doing it now.

Actually no, I don't speed. This is because I have a CDL license. Even if I get a violation in my car, that counts on my professional record as well. So if I start getting speeding tickets, not only does my insurance increase, but so does the insurance my employer pays. That means I won't get any raises and perhaps even lose my job if his insurance company decides to not insure me any longer.

And this is a perfect example of how a strong enough deterrent works. If your livelihood does not depend on driving, sure, you will speed and drive more recklessly. I see it all day long.

But let's say speeding actually carries a ten day jail sentence. Would you speed on the highway? I certainly wouldn't. I wouldn't go one mile over the speed limit. In fact I'd drive about three miles under it.

You never speed? Yeah, you're lying. Oh brother.

Is this really the government you want....minor violations result in a 10 day jail sentence? Let me guess...you're going to say yes. And you'll be lying again.

Trump fluffers are hilarioius.

No, I do not speed. I have a license and a career to protect. In fact I don't have any points on my license, and the last moving violation I had was like 20 years ago. It's a pretty amazing record since I spend all day on the road, and therefore ten times more susceptible to violations than your average driver.

I didn't say I'd like to see ten days in prison for minor traffic violations. I was merely making the point that if we had such a penalty, it would greatly reduce the amount of speeders on the road.

uGc9t9x.png

Denying facts won't make them go away. If you would bother to actually break and down and read her memo, she states clearly that from now on "the default" action will be *not* to prosecute the crimes listed in her memo, and that the only way that the default action cannot be followed is with supervisor permission. So "the default" action on such crimes is not to prosecute them. Do you know what "default" means?

And, pray tell, with Rollins in charge of the DA's office, how has there been a problem with "improper prosecution" for crimes such as breaking and entering, larceny, shoplifting, trespassing, and even resisting arrest? How can you "improperly prosecute" someone for resisting arrest, breaking and entering, property destruction? If they committed the crime, what is "improper" about prosecuting them for it? Hey? Explain that one to us.

Of course I know what default means. All the things on that list can still be prosecuted if a more experienced supervisor feels it is proper. All they have to do is ask. Taking those decisions out of the hands of inexperienced people sounds like a good thing to me. You think a more experienced supervisor will let people go when they should be prosecuted?

Yes they will. It's called kissing up. The prosecutors (knowing the will of the commie DA) will be hesitant to take any action unless no other alternative is available.

Got it. An inexperienced newcomer's judgment is better than an experienced prosecutor. I'm always amazed at right wing logic.

You are once again avoiding the point: From now on in Boston, the default policy will be to not prosecute such crimes, whereas in the rest of the country the default is the opposite. I again remind you that in the OP I noted that the policy allows for deviation from the default but only with a supervisor's permission. So only if a supervisor--senior ADA or the DA--agrees to deviate from the default will any of those crimes be prosecuted, which is the exact opposite of the practice in the rest of the country.

How can any normal, rational person not see that absurdity, not to mention the danger, of this new policy?

You think it's absurd for low level people to check with their supervisor before they take legal action that will effect someone for life. That's just insane.

You keep hiding behind this non-responsive argument and keep avoiding the point. Let me repeat the point: Unlike everywhere else in the country, the default response in Boston when someone who commits one of those crimes is caught is now to not prosecute or to reduce it to a civil case (which of course comes with no jail time and no criminal record). THAT's the point.

But, let's take a look at your argument. Why would a first-level prosecutor need to check with a supervisor about prosecuting someone who has, say, committed breaking and entering and who resisted arrest when they were caught? Why? Why should a supervisor need to get involved in deciding whether or not to prosecute such an offender? Why?

Your silly argument assumes that every first-level prosecutor is incapable of making a sound decision about such a case.

And, of course, now, in Boston, instead of that first-level prosecutor needing supervisor permission to drop such a case, he or she needs supervisor permission to prosecute the case.

It is just amazing that you can't see how absurd and dangerous Rollins' policy is.

This is clearly using the broken windows theory in reverse. The more petty crime that's tolerated the more crime you will have.

Because the default position is that these crimes may not be prosecuted any crime committed by a black will not be prosecuted. That would be racist. Perhaps that is the whole reason for this change.

Your silly argument assumes that every first-level prosecutor is incapable of making a sound decision about such a case.

And, of course, now, in Boston, instead of that first-level prosecutor needing supervisor permission to drop such a case, he or she needs supervisor permission to prosecute the case.

It is just amazing that you can't see how absurd and dangerous Rollins' policy is.

It is a smoke screen. It's blame placing.

If the first prosecutor doesn't know whether to charge a person or not, WTF does or she have that job? If everything has to go to the top anyway, just let everything go there with no middle-men.

The supervising district attorney in that court assigns the cases. Lower level prosecutors aren't involved in the decision. The supervisor may decline the case and send it to the city attorney who is free to accept or decline.

It is that supervising district attorney that makes the decision.

When I first saw this story, I thought it had to be an April Fools joke. But, it is not. Democrat Rachel Rollins, the DA of Suffolk County, which includes Boston, has ordered the police to stop arresting people for breaking and entering, destruction of private property, shoplifting, receiving stolen property, and other crimes. She has also ordered the police not to cooperate with ICE in arresting illegal immigrants in courthouses, regardless of their crime.

This, folks, is a step toward the situation in Venezuela and in so many other Third World countries where the rule of law does not exist or is very unreliable.

While Rollins may say her memo is about creating an “equal” justice system, the victims of these now-permissible crimes aren’t likely to feel they are being treated equally. But of course, that’s really the goal here, isn’t it? No one cares about the shopkeepers and homeowners that are victimized. Under far-left dogma, criminals are the true victims, we’re just too “hateful” to see it.​

Another Soros-Linked District Attorney Blocks Boston Police from Making Arrests on Shoplifting, Destruction of Property, Resisting Arrest, Drug Offenses... No Deportation of Illegals

Shes a moron

"WE" don't
; Democrats do!! Mac; get your Party back!! The loons have taken it over!!

Greg
The Right does too. You're happy to have Trump as President, willing to make excuse after excuse for his petulant, immature behaviors. Behaviors we would not allow from our CHILDREN.

You champion people who are embarrassingly inarticulate (Trump, Dubya, Palin) because you agree with them politically.

And now you've even gone so far as infer that advanced education is a bad thing.

Neither whacked out end of our political spectrum is faultless here. Do I blame the Left more? Yes. But they're not alone.

Universities are nothing but new age churches, filled with crazy and very stupid people.

Except that people with university degrees have generally seen their standards of living rise over the past 40 years while those with only high school diplomas have not.

So you can rail against education all you want ptbwbihnortbp, but money talks.

"WE" don't

Greg
The Right does too. You're happy to have Trump as President, willing to make excuse after excuse for his petulant, immature behaviors. Behaviors we would not allow from our CHILDREN.

You champion people who are embarrassingly inarticulate (Trump, Dubya, Palin) because you agree with them politically.

And now you've even gone so far as infer that advanced education is a bad thing.

Neither whacked out end of our political spectrum is faultless here. Do I blame the Left more? Yes. But they're not alone.

Except that people with university degrees have generally seen their standards of living rise over the past 40 years while those with only high school diplomas have not.

Never would I have expected to see an entire "major" political party going anti-education.

We sure are in uncharted territory in many ways right now.

Well, it will give the police more time to enforce the Parking Laws of Boston,as well their draconian gun control laws. Or arrest people who are smoking tobacco on the sidewalk, if they can't prove that they are smoking cannabis.

"WE" don't

Greg

Education if fine, but the question is whether it's an investment or not.

My nephew graduated with a Masters. He had a full time job waiting for him after graduating paying pretty good money. He was working at that company part-time while going to school. Today he's 33 years old and living with his mother in an attempt to try and pay those college loans. His mother is in the same boat because she and her ex financed some of his college.

He figured by the time he reaches 35, he will have all his debt repaid, and then start to save a downpayment for a house. In other words, he will be living with my sister until nearly 40 years old.

He caught a break though. His well-to-do Uncle recently passed away unfortunately, and even though his will is divided among dozens of family members, his inheritance is bound to put him a year or two ahead of schedule.

On the other hand, I never went to college. I started making money at a full-time job since 18 years old. When I was his age, I was buying the apartments where I live at now, and started to operate my own part-time business.

Will he do better than I did in life? I certainly hope so. But if you run the numbers, you really have to question the investment when it comes to advanced education.

Forum List

Back