Democrat cities lead in murder…stop trying to deny it….they have extreme gun control

Since Mormon Bob doesn't seem to think domestic violence is a thing...

I never said it wasn't a thing.

The problem is that there are some nominally-human creatures that lack the will to refrain from subhuman behavior.

The criminal is the problem; not society, not whatever tools the criminal uses to commit its crimes not the victims.

You refuse to hold evil creatures accountable for their own behavior, trying to place the blame anywhere else but on the creature committing the evil.

Now if I was a murderous piece of subhuman shit, and I did get it into my head to murder my wife, taking away my guns wouldn't stop it. There are plenty of things in my home, not meant to be weapons, but which could easily be used to kill someone, in the hands of anyone who had that intent.
But that's the thing. Without a gun, you'd have to think about it. The problem with most gun violence is that it's over before anyone has a chance to think.

The only reason any thought is coming anywhere near my mind is that you're bringing it up. For all the highs and lows that my wife and I have been through in our time together, no credible thought of either of us intentionally harming or killing the other has ever come to either of our minds, and none ever will.

You could give us dozens of guns each, and an unlimited supply of ammunition, and we would never use them against each other.

Now if I ever did form the will to kill my wife, I wouldn't need a gun to do it. I could surely open any of my toolboxes, and find something therein with which I could do the deed, perhaps even as easily and conveniently as with a gun.

Your delusion that the presence of a gun can turn an otherwise good man into a murderer only reflects your own degenerate character, projected at others. Rather obviously, you believe that you have it in yourself to commit such a crime, and that only the absence of a suitable tool is stopping you. You even lack the creativity to realize how you could fulfill this urge using whatever other tools you may have at hand. Of course, you're probably so much of a pussy that you don't even own any real tools, like a real man would own.

The problem is that there are some nominally-human creatures that lack the will to refrain from subhuman behavior.

The criminal is the problem; not society, not whatever tools the criminal uses to commit its crimes not the victims.

You refuse to hold evil creatures accountable for their own behavior, trying to place the blame anywhere else but on the creature committing the evil.

Again, they why isn't this a problem in Germany or Japan or England? Places that have less religion than we do, yet they have a lot less murder than we do... because... wait for it.. they don't have guns.

The only reason any thought is coming anywhere near my mind is that you're bringing it up. For all the highs and lows that my wife and I have been through in our time together, no credible thought of either of us intentionally harming or killing the other has ever come to either of our minds, and none ever will.

I'm happy for you, I guess. I am sure that Mormon who blew away his whole family earlier this month thought the same thing, until he lost his job and his life fell apart.

Now if I ever did form the will to kill my wife, I wouldn't need a gun to do it. I could surely open any of my toolboxes, and find something therein with which I could do the deed, perhaps even as easily and conveniently as with a gun.
That you are putting any thought into it all is the issue. Most people who shoot their partners with a gun don't think about it. There was a raging argument, someone went for a gun, and someone ended up dead.

And it happens way too often in this country.

No, the gun made it easier for him to kill her, that's the point. If there hadn't been a gun in the house, they'd have had enough time too cool off and consult a divorce lawyer. (Although I lived in a Catholic neighborhood where you just didn't get divorced.)

I don't care about your family, Bob. I guess I should be impressed no one has shot you yet...

But that's the thing. Without a gun, you'd have to think about it. The problem with most gun violence is that it's over before anyone has a chance to think.

Nope......the murders that happen in the home are majority criminals and other miscreants ....they are not normal people who simply own a gun...you lying scumbag...

Nope......the murders that happen in the home are majority criminals and other miscreants ....they are not normal people who simply own a gun...you lying scumbag...
Ah, the No True Scotsman Fallacy..

1*hROvYYZqur80_btd8_8x6A.png

Ah, the No True Scotsman Fallacy..

1*hROvYYZqur80_btd8_8x6A.png

Nope...not even close........the vast majority of domestic murders happen because the woman is living with a violent criminal, a drug user or an alcoholic.......normal people who own guns are not murdering their relations simply because there is a gun in the home...you lying asshat.

To be fair, the leftist sleaze is arguing that the guns come into their states from other states with less restrictive gun laws. This may, or may not, be true. I just hate seeing 2A folks (of which I am one) pimp the easily circumvented argument that gun control does not work because all the gun violence is occurring in states and cities with the most stringent gun control measure. No, gun control does not work because the only people who will comply with the law are those folks who are not going to commit offensive acts of gun violence in the first place. Typical leftist gun control laws and regulations are, therefore, not reasonably related to addressing the issue sought to be remedied, to wit: illegal gun violence. Thus, these measures are unconstitutional vague and overly broad. The next step is to outlaw all possession, manufacture, and distribution.... a TOTAL BAN on all firearms. But this is unconstitutional too.

The only way to fix gun violence in America is to address crime and mental illness. The only way this is going to be addressed is to have strongly invested, loving parents who teach their kids right from wrong and intervene upon indication of mental/emotional instability. We have not seen this in a certain ethnic community in decades. Now it is lacking across the board. This is due to the leftist push to tear down our institutions.

To be fair, the leftist sleaze is arguing that the guns come into their states from other states with less restrictive gun laws. This may, or may not, be true. I just hate seeing 2A folks (of which I am one) pimp the easily circumvented argument that gun control does not work because all the gun violence is occurring in states and cities with the most stringent gun control measure. No, gun control does not work because the only people who will comply with the law are those folks who are not going to commit offensive acts of gun violence in the first place. Typical leftist gun control laws and regulations are, therefore, not reasonably related to addressing the issue sought to be remedied, to wit: illegal gun violence. Thus, these measures are unconstitutional vague and overly broad. The next step is to outlaw all possession, manufacture, and distribution.... a TOTAL BAN on all firearms. But this is unconstitutional too.

The only way to fix gun violence in America is to address crime and mental illness. The only way this is going to be addressed is to have strongly invested, loving parents who teach their kids right from wrong and intervene upon indication of mental/emotional instability. We have not seen this in a certain ethnic community in decades. Now it is lacking across the board. This is due to the leftist push to tear down our institutions.

Sorry...their argument doesn't work........because the states where they are getting their guns....Indiana, and so on....do not have the high levels of gun crime as the cities they bring the guns to ..........

This brings me to my favorite part.

The gun-grabbers will argue: Guns are shipped into these cities from places without tough gun control laws!

Okay, then shouldn’t these places where all the guns supposedly originate from be even more violent?

FACT: Gun control is a total failure at stopping gun crime.

FACT: Gun control encourages violent crime and criminals.

Nolte: If Gun Control Worked, Democrat-Run Cities Wouldn't Be War Zones

Nope...not even close........the vast majority of domestic murders happen because the woman is living with a violent criminal, a drug user or an alcoholic.......normal people who own guns are not murdering their relations simply because there is a gun in the home...you lying asshat.

Um, yeah, funny thing that. Of course, AFTER there is a murder, you hear all the neighbors telling the media about what a bad guy he was. Why, he yelled at my kid once for playing on his lawn.

100 million Americans have a police record. So it's easy to brand anyone involved in Domestic violence as "criminal".

Houston and Chicago have almost the same population......

Houston....

-borders narco state of Mexico, drug cartels flood across the border
-gun stores and gun ranges on every corner
-concealed carry
-open carry

Chicago.......

-extreme gun control
-no gun stores or gun ranges allowed in city limits....

Of all the cities and towns in Texas, Houston has the most gun stores. As of the beginning of the year, there were 308 federally-licensed firearm dealers in Houston, or about 13.3 for every 100,000 people.

===========

Cook County in Illinois — home to Chicago — led the country with 775 reported homicides in 2020. It was followed by Los Angeles County at 691, Houston home Harris County in Texas at 537, Philadelphia at 495 and New York’s five boroughs at 465.

More.....

The Chicago Gun Myth | National Review

Lightfoot claims that 60 percent of the guns used in Chicago murders are bought from out of state.

I assume she is relying on 2017’s suspect “gun trace report,” which looked at guns confiscated in criminal acts from 2013 and 2016. Even if we trusted the city’s data, most guns used in Illinois crimes are bought in-state. If gun laws in Illinois — which earns a grade of “A-“ from the pro-gun-control Gifford Law Center, tied for second highest in the country after New Jersey — are more effective than gun laws in Missouri, Wisconsin, or Indiana, why is it that FFL dealers in suburban Cook County are the origin point for a third of the crime guns recovered in Chicago, and home to “seven of the top ten source dealers”? According to the trace study, 11.2 percent of all crime guns recovered in Chicago could be tracked to just two gun shops.

The only reason, it seems, criminals take the drive to Indiana is because local gun shops are tapped out. There is a tremendous demand for weapons in Chicago. That’s not Mississippi’s fault. And Lightfoot’s contention only proves that criminals in her city can get their hands on guns rather easily, while most law-abiding citizens have no way to defend themselves.

Lightfoot may also be surprised to learn that California borders on states with liberal gun laws, such as Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon. Yet no big city in California has quite the murder and criminality of Chicago. New York borders on states with liberal gun laws, such as Vermont, Pennsylvania, and New Hampshire.

Yet NYC’s murder rate is only fraction of Chicago’s. Texas gets an “F” from Gifford Law Center, yet Houston and Dallas have murder rates that are half of that in Chicago. The rates in Austin and El Paso are tiny when compared to Chicago.

Um, yeah, funny thing that. Of course, AFTER there is a murder, you hear all the neighbors telling the media about what a bad guy he was. Why, he yelled at my kid once for playing on his lawn.

100 million Americans have a police record. So it's easy to brand anyone involved in Domestic violence as "criminal".

Moron....

Moron....

The Criminology of Firearms

Christoffel, et al., are utterly wrong. The whole corpus of criminological research dating back to the 1890'sshows murderers "almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behavior," and that "[v]irtually all" murderers and other gun criminals have prior felony records — generally long ones.

While only 15 percent of Americans have criminal records, roughly 90 percent of adult murderers have prior adult records — exclusive of their often extensive juvenile records — with crime careers of six or more adult years including four major felonies. Gerald D. Robin, writing for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences,notes that, unlike ordinary gun owners, "the average murderer turns out to be no less hardened a criminal than the average robber or burglar."
Just from looking at D.C....

https://wtop.com/dc/2022/02/study-dc-gun-crimes-involve-small-number-of-people/[/URL]

Bonus content.......the actual study...

About 96 percent of victims and suspects in both homicides and nonfatal shootings were Black, despite Black residents comprising only 46 percent of the overall population in the District (Table 1).
-----

Approximately 86 percent of homicide victims and suspects were known to the criminal justice system prior to the incident. Among all victims and suspects, about 46 percent had been previously incarcerated (Figure 2).

At least 23.3 percent of all homicide victims and suspects were under active supervision (i.e., CSOSA, PSA, or DYRS)1. At least 64 percent of all victims and suspects had been under any prior or active supervision and at least 76% of homicide suspects had active or prior supervision.

------
Overall, most victims and suspects with prior criminal offenses had been arrested about 11 times for about 13 different offenses by the time of the homicide. This count only refers to adult arrests and juvenile arrests were not included.
-------

In Washington, DC, most gun violence is tightly concentrated on a small number of very high risk young Black male adults that share a common set of risk factors, including: involvement in street crews/groups; significant criminal justice history including prior or active community supervision; often prior victimization; and a connection to a recent shooting (within the past 12 months).
While the majority of people involved in shootings, as victim or suspect, are members or associates of street groups/gangs, the motive for the shooting may not be a traditional gang war. Often shootings are precipitated by a petty conflict over a young woman, a simple argument, or the now ubiquitous social media slight.
-----
This small number of very high risk individuals are identifiable, their violence is predictable, and therefore it is preventable. Based on the assessment of data and the series of interviews conducted, NICJR estimates that within a year, there are at least 500 identifiable people who rise to this level of very high risk, and likely no more than 200 at any one given time. These individuals comprise approximately 60-70% of all gun violence in the District. Nealy 250 specific individuals were identified through the GVPA process but more importantly, the risk factors that make someone at very high risk has been identified in order to develop an on-going process to focus intervention efforts on those at very high risk.

https://cjcc.dc.gov/sites/default/f... Violence Problem Analysis Summary Report.pdf

========

Sorry...their argument doesn't work........because the states where they are getting their guns....Indiana, and so on....do not have the high levels of gun crime as the cities they bring the guns to ..........

This brings me to my favorite part.

The gun-grabbers will argue: Guns are shipped into these cities from places without tough gun control laws!

Okay, then shouldn’t these places where all the guns supposedly originate from be even more violent?

FACT: Gun control is a total failure at stopping gun crime.

FACT: Gun control encourages violent crime and criminals.

Nolte: If Gun Control Worked, Democrat-Run Cities Wouldn't Be War Zones
You are not going to have much crime in the middle of an Indiana cornfield. You have crime in population centers, which are urban and tend to be leftist. Why? Because urban areas are welfare centers.

Houston and Chicago have almost the same population......

Houston....

-borders narco state of Mexico, drug cartels flood across the border
-gun stores and gun ranges on every corner
-concealed carry
-open carry

Chicago.......

-extreme gun control
-no gun stores or gun ranges allowed in city limits....

Of all the cities and towns in Texas, Houston has the most gun stores. As of the beginning of the year, there were 308 federally-licensed firearm dealers in Houston, or about 13.3 for every 100,000 people.

===========

Cook County in Illinois — home to Chicago — led the country with 775 reported homicides in 2020. It was followed by Los Angeles County at 691, Houston home Harris County in Texas at 537, Philadelphia at 495 and New York’s five boroughs at 465.

More.....

The Chicago Gun Myth | National Review

Lightfoot claims that 60 percent of the guns used in Chicago murders are bought from out of state.

I assume she is relying on 2017’s suspect “gun trace report,” which looked at guns confiscated in criminal acts from 2013 and 2016. Even if we trusted the city’s data, most guns used in Illinois crimes are bought in-state. If gun laws in Illinois — which earns a grade of “A-“ from the pro-gun-control Gifford Law Center, tied for second highest in the country after New Jersey — are more effective than gun laws in Missouri, Wisconsin, or Indiana, why is it that FFL dealers in suburban Cook County are the origin point for a third of the crime guns recovered in Chicago, and home to “seven of the top ten source dealers”? According to the trace study, 11.2 percent of all crime guns recovered in Chicago could be tracked to just two gun shops.

The only reason, it seems, criminals take the drive to Indiana is because local gun shops are tapped out. There is a tremendous demand for weapons in Chicago. That’s not Mississippi’s fault. And Lightfoot’s contention only proves that criminals in her city can get their hands on guns rather easily, while most law-abiding citizens have no way to defend themselves.

Lightfoot may also be surprised to learn that California borders on states with liberal gun laws, such as Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon. Yet no big city in California has quite the murder and criminality of Chicago. New York borders on states with liberal gun laws, such as Vermont, Pennsylvania, and New Hampshire.

Yet NYC’s murder rate is only fraction of Chicago’s. Texas gets an “F” from Gifford Law Center, yet Houston and Dallas have murder rates that are half of that in Chicago. The rates in Austin and El Paso are tiny when compared to Chicago.
From what I hear, Houston, TX is a shit-hole place to live due to the crime.

Your issue is that you are a sociopath. You have no conscience, no soul, no sense of right and wrong.

I have no doubt that you would kill anyone in a heartbeat, if you thought it served your purposes, and you thought you were able to do so, and you thought you could get away with it.

To whatever degree you are constrained from engaging in murder or other evil behaviors, it is only the fear of adverse consequences that holds you back, not any sense of good or evil.

And that is how you seem to imagine most people are.

Guess what? Most people are not like you. Most of us have a conscience, most of us have a soul, most of us have a strong sense of right and wrong; and for most of us, that is what mostly drives much of our behavior. None of us are perfect, of course. We are also subject to adverse forces that can push us toward evil behavior, and on occasion, we give in to those forces. But still, most of us are driven, above all else, by our sense of what is right and what is wrong.

Your issue is that you are a sociopath. You have no conscience, no soul, no sense of right and wrong.

I have no doubt that you would kill anyone in a heartbeat, if you thought it served your purposes, and you thought you were able to do so, and you thought you could get away with it.

I'm not the one who has expressed a desire to murder women for having abortions or school officials for teaching lessons about sexuality you disagree with.

That would be you, buddy. In fact, you are the USMB poster that I most expect to snap one day, because you seem pretty tightly wound.

Guess what? Most people are not like you. Most of us have a conscience, most of us have a soul, most of us have a strong sense of right and wrong; and for most of us, that is what mostly drives much of our behavior. None of us are perfect, of course. We are also subject to adverse forces that can push us toward evil behavior, and on occasion, we give in to those forces. But still, most of us are driven, above all else, by our sense of what is right and what is wrong.

Has there been a scientific proof that souls exist?
Frankly, if you are only a decent person because you live in terror your imaginary sky friend is going to deny you admittance into the Celestial Heaven or cast you into the outer darkness, that's not morality, that's fear.

My morality is pragmatic. Will my actions harm another person? If they do, then it is wrong. I guess my making fun of your cult does harm you, but that's your hangup.

Christoffel, et al., are utterly wrong. The whole corpus of criminological research dating back to the 1890'sshows murderers "almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behavior," and that "[v]irtually all" murderers and other gun criminals have prior felony records — generally long ones.

Again, 100 million Americans have a police record. Statistically, that's about a third of them. So of course, you can claim that when the guy who snaps because the old lady burned the pot roast, you can find that his "long criminal record" consisted of some juvenile asshattery or a few bar fights.

Again, 100 million Americans have a police record. Statistically, that's about a third of them. So of course, you can claim that when the guy who snaps because the old lady burned the pot roast, you can find that his "long criminal record" consisted of some juvenile asshattery or a few bar fights.

Liar.........the people murdering other people are majority criminals actively engaged in crime....drug abuse, or alchohol abuse....or all three or a combination of all 3....you doofus.

90% of murderer have prior criminal records....with felonies....

Liar.........the people murdering other people are majority criminals actively engaged in crime....drug abuse, or alchohol abuse....or all three or a combination of all 3....you doofus.

Okay, so 33% of Americans have police records.
19.4% of Americans have used illegal or misused legal drugs.
6% of Americans abuse alcohol.

But you know what. All of them would have a much harder time killing to old lady over an argument of who drank the last can of Milwaukee's Best if guns were so prolific.

So let's talk about your big fear, Dick Tiny. Your biggest fear is that if we started applying standards to gun ownership, like most other countries do, then you won't be able to exercise your fetish, because, damn, you are obsessed.

90% of murderer have prior criminal records....with felonies....
33% of Americans have police records... this isn't that big of a talking point.

Okay, so 33% of Americans have police records.
19.4% of Americans have used illegal or misused legal drugs.
6% of Americans abuse alcohol.

I call bullshit.

I can say with certainly that I have no police record, have never used illegal drugs or alcohol, nor misused even legal drugs, and neither has my wife.

I'd be very surprised if it could be established that any of those are true of as many as one person out of every ten with whom I've ever associated.

If anything, your bullshit statistics are more likely a reflection of the sort of scum with which you associate, rather than of the population in general.

But you know what. All of them would have a much harder time killing to old lady over an argument of who drank the last can of Milwaukee's Best if guns were so prolific.

Which gets down to an important point that I've brought up before. You are a soulless, conscienceless sociopath. Of course you find it easy to imagine that in such a situation, you might kill someone, and therefore to assume that anyone else in a similar situation might do so as well.

But most people are not like you.

Forum List

Back