Defining Liberal?

Oct 24, 2012
I've tried to come up with a list of things that defines me as a liberal - and hopefully encompasses the rest of us.... Let me know what you think!!

youtube.com/watch?v=oMowgU2-e_Y

Here is the best one:

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money."

-- G. Gordon Liddy

Here is the best one:

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money."

-- G. Gordon Liddy

haha thanks... I would say its not to a debt to others, but a creating a value of empathy rather than selfishness. Altruism is an evolutionary trait.

Here is the best one:

-- G. Gordon Liddy

haha thanks... I would say its not to a debt to others, but a creating a value of empathy rather than selfishness. Altruism is an evolutionary trait.

Like Mr. Liddy said, you feel a great debt to your fellow man, and you want to use someone elses money to pay it off.

Here is the best one:

-- G. Gordon Liddy

LOL

Altruism is a spiritual trait. Evolution says you eat the other dog before he eats you.

"Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, and freedom of religion."
"The revolutionaries in the American Revolution and the French Revolution used liberal philosophy to justify the armed overthrow of tyrannical rule."
"Early liberals also laid the groundwork for the separation of church and state."

"Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, and freedom of religion."
"The revolutionaries in the American Revolution and the French Revolution used liberal philosophy to justify the armed overthrow of tyrannical rule."
"Early liberals also laid the groundwork for the separation of church and state."

i dont think ive seen any of that excpt from the classical libs, from the libs on this board and ones i talk to.

There's a funny thing about level, if something is unlevel you have to take from the high points to fill in the low, the low points give nothing. So explain how you maintain liberty for all, while taking from just some? Show me one place where these ideas have ever worked practically. Our current president is finding out the hard way that theroy looks great on paper, but very rearly translates to real life. I could go on, but I'll wait and see how intellectually honest you are.

I've tried to come up with a list of things that defines me as a liberal - and hopefully encompasses the rest of us.... Let me know what you think!!

youtube.com/watch?v=oMowgU2-e_Y
Watched the video...Classic envy, covetousness and self-righteousness (i.e. we know what's in your self-interest better than do you) of the authoritarian central planner.

Then the outright lie that they're not doctrinaire.

You're fooling yourself, s0n.

P.S...You broke your anonymity and privacy...You're on your own.

Here is the best one:

-- G. Gordon Liddy

LOL

Altruism is a spiritual trait. Evolution says you eat the other dog before he eats you.

Altruism is seen more so in species with more complex social systems -- Look to bats, whom share their resources and hunt for others who can't seem to do it for themselves.

Here is the best one:

-- G. Gordon Liddy

LOL, wasn't he a burglar who worked for Nixon during the Watergate scandal???

Yes! And it doesn't change the perfection of the quote one iota.

Never had a Liberal defend it yet.

Are you asserting that 'conservatives' don't propose to "pay off the debt with your money."? :)

Last edited:
Here is the best one:

-- G. Gordon Liddy

Don't confuse altruism with government bureaucracy... Once you get that part -- you'll get over being smug about being a "liberal"..

Here is the best one:

-- G. Gordon Liddy

Don't confuse altruism with government bureaucracy... Once you get that part -- you'll get over being smug about being a "liberal"..

getting caught up in your vision of government rather than how we need to set up the foundations of society to create a just outcome is a problem...

Forum List

Back