Defensive Gun Use

In the jujitsu classes I took we learned at very close range to side step out of the direct line of the knife, gun or club and then use the tactics we were taught to disarm the attacker. It is in my opinion much easier to disarm a person with a gun or club than an experienced knife fighter.

Maybe but how many experienced knife fighters are there? There is only one gun move I was taught and that was with somebody sticking a gun against your belly which never happens. Even then my teacher warned me that the chances of getting shot are still pretty good. He suggested there is no real moves against a gun. Your best bet is to give them whatever they want for survival.

Maybe but how many experienced knife fighters are there? There is only one gun move I was taught and that was with somebody sticking a gun against your belly which never happens. Even then my teacher warned me that the chances of getting shot are still pretty good. He suggested there is no real moves against a gun. Your best bet is to give them whatever they want for survival.
My jujitsu instructor told his classes if someone tries to rob you with a gun, “Look into his eyes as the eyes are the mirror of the soul. If you think the man is mentally stable and rational just hand over your wallet as you can always replace anything inside it such as money, license and credit cards. You can’t replace your health or your life as easily. However if you think he is going to shoot you, then you have nothing to lose by trying the tactics I will teach you.“

I learned how to disarm a man who points a gun at me at close range but perhaps more importantly I learned to never get too close when you draw down on a man hoping he will surrender.

I asked the instructor what to do if the man was ten feet away. He said the best you could do in that situation is to do a judo roll out and get close enough to use the tactics he taught. The instructor said the chances of not getting shot using that tactic might be less than 50/50.

There are effective techniques that will work to disarm a person with a handgun at close range. The jujitsu instructor I had was a red and white belt in judo and held belts in several other martial arts.

His method was similar to the technique in this video.

You men sell their guns to criminals?
Yes, gun owners do.

BUUUUUT

If you'd take the time to read the study you'd see the account for that so...

Maybe the bullshit is in your mirror.
I don't sell guns to anyone.

And most people who commit crimes with guns have criminal records.

You cannot lump ALL gun owners in with criminals.

So what tactics do you suggest.

I pocket carry a snub nosed S&W Model 642 .38+P revolver. If I suspect a problem, I simply put my hand in my pocket on the weapon and can quickly draw it. Much faster than a concealed weapon where I might have to lift my shirt with one hand and grab the gun with the other.

You can also put the revolver in a jacket pocket and have your hand in the pocket holding the weapon pointed at your potential attacker. You can shoot right through your jacket.

Notice the weapon has an internal trigger so it will not hang up when you draw it. With a revolver you can also shove it into an attacker’s belly and it will still fire while a pistol will be pushed out of battery and not fire.

This weapon is double action only with a heavy trigger pull. It has a stiff recoil and is for most shooters is not all that accurate past 21 feet. It requires practice to master and that practice is not all that much fun.

Also it is possible that if you put your hand on the weapon in your pocket the bad guy may realize you are armed and decide not to attack. That tactic can work even without a gun.

View attachment 764141

Gee I don't know how about you move around so as not to be flatfooted when a guy is charging you with a knife? Give yourself time to pull your gun

And if I already have my hand on my gun that's on my hip it is no different than you having a hand on your gun in your pocket

I agree

It all comes down to threat and personal safety
A person trespassing or taking your “stuff” is not a personal threat.

Unless they are inside your home. All bets are off at that point. Anyone willing to break into a home, while people are present, is also highly likely to be seeking violent confrontation.

I took jujitsu years ago and we learned how to disarm a person who attacked us with a knife. It’s not all that difficult with some fool who just grabbed a kitchen knife but becomes much more difficult when dealing with an experienced knife fighter.

The instructor told us that in any effort to disarm a knife fighter there is an excellent chance you will get cut.

Even if you shoot someone with a knife that doesn’t mean he just falls over dead like in the movies. You can shoot him right in the heart and he can still stab you.

I don't suggest anyone go hand to hand with an assailant. it's the single best way to get killed.

And the whole scenario is one of a very rare occurrence.

Most people even criminals are not experienced knife fighters

Ownership is a right to anybody not a convicted felon and the only type of weapons actually partially outlawed are automatic weapons like machine guns unless you have a permit by the federal government.

What you're talking about is something similar to a poll tax where people would have to spend hundreds of dollars for training and certification of each and every firearm they own. That's infringement because besides the extra expense, you may not get certified in that weapon unless you are an ace shot.

A Constitutional right is not something you have to prove to government you are worthy of. Those rights belong to all Americans.
First. where in the constituti0on does it say anythinbg about convicted criminals not being eligible for gun ownership, possession, or use?
Nowhere you say?
HMM

AND

No, it is in the public interest that gun owners be trained.

AND

I'm willing to partner with the NRA and other gun organizations to have the government fund the training.

So...

This thread is 191 posts long, and I'm not about to go digging around for it. Post it again and if it's not ridiculous, I'll read it and point out the flaws like every other similar study about guns they lied about in the past.
Learn the search function

I'm not the stop-gap for intellectual laziness.

Learn the search function

I'm not the stop-gap for intellectual laziness.
This thread topic is DEFENSIVE GUN USE

not the 2nd Amendment, not the NRA so please get back to the topic or start another thread

First. where in the constituti0on does it say anythinbg about convicted criminals not being eligible for gun ownership, possession, or use?
Nowhere you say?
HMM

AND

No, it is in the public interest that gun owners be trained.

AND

I'm willing to partner with the NRA and other gun organizations to have the government fund the training.

So...
Regulated and infringement are two totally different things. You don't seem to understand the difference.

The courts ruled many years ago that firearms can be regulated. That's who's decision we go by in this country.

I don't sell guns to anyone.

And most people who commit crimes with guns have criminal records.

You cannot lump ALL gun owners in with criminals.
Until you show me how criminals obtain guns if not from "law abiding" gun owners then lumping the criminals who use the guns in with the criminals who sell the guns is perfectly acceptable.

Regulated and infringement are two totally different things. You don't seem to understand the difference.

The courts ruled many years ago that firearms can be regulated. That's who's decision we go by in this country.
And the thing is we do deny rights to convicted felons all the time.

In some states they can't vote, can't get jobs in certain industries , can't hold public offices etc etc.

No one is arguing that rights are absolute either. BUT the thing these gun control freaks don't understand is that we have never in this country blamed people for crimes they didn't commit and we do not curb the rights of people who have never committed a crime.

And it doesn't matter if owning and/or carrying a gun increases risk because every person is more than capable of assessing those risks for themselves

So what you post is not your own words?

Possessed by the ghost of Charton Heston?

BWAHAHAHAHA
Do you understand what quote is? When you quote a person or a document you are using someone else's words.

Maybe you should go back to 5th grade.

And the thing is we do deny rights to convicted felons all the time.

In some states they can't vote, can't get jobs in certain industries , can't hold public offices etc etc.

No one is arguing that rights are absolute either. BUT the thing these gun control freaks don't understand is that we have never in this country blamed people for crimes they didn't commit and we do not curb the rights of people who have never committed a crime.

And it doesn't matter if owning and/or carrying a gun increases risk because every person is more than capable of assessing those risks for themselves

No American should have to prove to the government they are worthy of a constitutional right. A right can be taken away because of ones actions, but that's on them. They knew of the possibility of that happening when they committed a crime.

No American should have to prove to the government they are worthy of a constitutional right. A right can be taken away because of ones actions, but that's on them. They knew of the possibility of that happening when they committed a crime.

Requiring training is not unconstitutional and makes a lot of sense

IMO their rights aren't taken away they are voluntarily forfeited.

Forum List

Back