Dees Rusty Nuts...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Rusted bolts and nuts are the bane of my mechanical existence...and I was a loyal PB Blaster customer. I'll spray a bolt or nut for three days or more to give the penetrating oil plenty of time to get the job done...and it does work...no doubt about it. But color me shocked that good old fashioned WD-40 works much better...at least in this experiment from a Youtuber I trust...and for sure, I'll try the old-timer homemade penetrating oil...I've got more than enough of both ingredients to mix up my own and do some testing.

Change anyones mind?

Rusted bolts and nuts are the bane of my mechanical existence...and I was a loyal PB Blaster customer. I'll spray a bolt or nut for three days or more to give the penetrating oil plenty of time to get the job done...and it does work...no doubt about it. But color me shocked that good old fashioned WD-40 works much better...at least in this experiment from a Youtuber I trust...and for sure, I'll try the old-timer homemade penetrating oil...I've got more than enough of both ingredients to mix up my own and do some testing.

Change anyones mind?

WD40 is good but it eventually turns into shellac. I usually use Kano Kroil, but it takes some soaking.