Deer Hunting Season Is Coming Up Soon...

Would this be a good time to revisit my approach to hunting coyote, and the thrill I get in making them look me in the eye before I pull the trigger? I really enjoyed that discussion last time!

Also, the best deer meat still has spots on its fur :)

While it is nice to get one with a big rack, so far I haven't found a really good recipe for cooking these racks up so it makes no real difference to me if it is a buck or a doe. Whichever deer happens along has the bad day. Sometimes it's a buck, sometimes it a doe.

I haven't found a good recipe for buck, let alone racks.:D
We eat does only around here. We discriminate against male deer.;)

Would this be a good time to revisit my approach to hunting coyote, and the thrill I get in making them look me in the eye before I pull the trigger? I really enjoyed that discussion last time!

Also, the best deer meat still has spots on its fur :)

Still deer hunting the lazy way?

fi_f_ar_mortar.jpg

if you're sittin' in someone else's hunting blind and decide to shoot using the "They hurt my feelings" defense, don't expect to get off as easily as Vang did:

On September 16, 2005 Chai Soua Vang was found guilty of all six charges of first degree murder and two charges of attempted murder by a jury of eight women and four men. On November 8, 2005, he was sentenced to six consecutive life terms plus seventy years (40 for two counts of attempted murder plus five additional years for each count of murder in the first degree). At the time, Wisconsin was one of 12 states in the U.S. that did not have the death penalty.

Does Wisconsin have the death penalty now?

I'm trying to recall a few years back.....wasn't it in Wisconsin that some Vietnamese dude actually did shoot up some deer hunters after they "threatened" him?

***opens Google Search "Vietnamese Deer Hunter Bags Cheeseheads"****

YEAH here it is, back in '05:

Trial opens in case of Wisconsin hunter killings

HAYWARD, Wis. (AP) — A deer hunter went on a rampage last fall, killing six hunters and wounding two others, after he felt insulted, a prosecutor told jurors Saturday. The defense said Chai Soua Vang felt physically threatened by a group of white hunters who tormented him with racial slurs
Damn, be careful about callin any slants, "fuckin' gooks" while you're out in the woods there, Pale.

I guess namvet shouldn't go hunting in Wisconsin.

I'm trying to recall a few years back.....wasn't it in Wisconsin that some Vietnamese dude actually did shoot up some deer hunters after they "threatened" him?

HAYWARD, Wis. (AP) — A deer hunter went on a rampage last fall, killing six hunters and wounding two others, after he felt insulted, a prosecutor told jurors Saturday. The defense said Chai Soua Vang felt physically threatened by a group of white hunters who tormented him with racial slurs
Damn, be careful about callin any slants, "fuckin' gooks" while you're out in the woods there, Pale.

What's amazing is ONE Hmong wiped out about half the force of Cheeseheads, and lived to tell the story. Instead of holding the guy prisoner, we oughta send him over to Pakistan to hunt Bin Laden.

What's amazing is ONE Hmong wiped out about half the force of Cheeseheads, and lived to tell the story. Instead of holding the guy prisoner, we oughta send him over to Pakistan to hunt Bin Laden.
This just goes to show you that you never quite know who Hmong us is capable of murder.

yea I totally posted that just to see people go crazy about it. its the same thing down here with alligators, watch the new show swamp people to see about it
My husband grew up in south La, and he loves that program. I, otoh, can't tell what half of them are saying.:D

I grew up around here Samson, and very good friends that own farms and such. So I hunt on invite only, private property. If we run into anybody on there, he's the one that's going to wind up shot... :lol:

Last edited:
There is no shortage of deer on our farm here in northwestern Illinois. They do alot of damage to our corn every year - in excess of $2,000.00 easy. Because I am a landowner, and pay the taxes on the farm, I get four deer tags from the state every year for free. The wife also gets four deer tags from the state for free too. So, we harvest 8 deer a year from the farm. I love venison and will usually put a whole deer in the freezer and then we give the other seven away to various friends who like it but don't hunt. I've got my eye on a couple of nice bucks that I've been seeing a lot of here of late. You can get a deer here on our farm in about 20 minutes or less on most days. About those racks... While it is nice to get one with a big rack, so far I haven't found a really good recipe for cooking these racks up so it makes no real difference to me if it is a buck or a doe. Whichever deer happens along has the bad day. Sometimes it's a buck, sometimes it a doe.

I'm right above you in southwestern Wisconsin in the Wisconsin River Valley. There's so many damn deer around here it's pathetic. You can drive darn near any one of the hundreds of old back roads around here and see HERDS of deer, in the middle of the day even. On friend I have up on the ridge, hell I have to be careful driving down the farm driveway so I don't hit a deer. I can just imagine what it would be like if there was no deer season... my God... they'd over run the state.

I usually have my venison made up 50/50 with beef and beef fat to make burger, and then the rest made into deer salami, and I can eat the hell otta that stuff.

Last edited:

I grew around here Samson, and very good friends that own farms and such. So I hunt on invite only, private property. If we run into anybody on there, he's the one that's going to wind up shot... :lol:

Good luck, Round-Eye.

asian_gun.jpg

I grew up around here Samson, and very good friends that own farms and such. So I hunt on invite only, private property. If we run into anybody on there, he's the one that's going to wind up shot... :lol:

For cripes sake, just find out if he's Vietnamese before you pick a fight.

It's usually a good idea to stay calm when you're around a bunch of people armed with loaded, high powered rifles.

It's usually a good idea to stay calm when you're around a bunch of people armed with loaded, high powered rifles.

Chai Soua Vang took down 8 out of 15, without a scratch on himself.

He's like the Hmong Rambo, round-eye.

Forum List

Back