CDZ Decline of public consciousness in America

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
Seriously, what do you fuckers stand for? It certainly isn't opportunity and new beginnings. Definitely not freedom and liberty.

Do the American people represent anything anymore? Where did the idealism and spirit go? A decline in public consciousness almost always predates the collapse of an empire. Is this the end of the United States?

Financially, militarily, socially, and internally. Best that Americans just abandon hope and look towards the future.

America is in decline...China will once again hold the title of the worlds only super power.

Turn your backs on educating the population and science = death to great powers...Militaries are expensive and nations that don't understand the former normally don't maintain them.

Financially, militarily, socially, and internally. Best that Americans just abandon hope and look towards the future.
In your estimation, what is at the rootO of the decay? How should the future deviate from the present?

I offer up capitalism as the root of the decay.

In your estimation, what is at the rootO of the decay? How should the future deviate from the present?

I believe the American country, American nation, and American state are three different concepts. All three are in decline.

The American country, as in the actual land of America, is in decline primarily due to disregard for the environment. The American nation, as in the people and culture of America, are in decline due to a loss of public consciousness and divisiveness due to politics.

Now the American state, as in the actual government and military that composes the United States, is in decline due to fiscal irresponsibility, widespread corruption, outdated thinking, loss of public consciousness, internal and societal rifts, failure to maintain competitive trade relationships, ect. The greatest reason in my opinion is a loss of public consciousness, since it is absolutely vital that a ruling state presides over a strong nation, and the American nation is losing its identity and culture.

I have plenty of radical opinions on economics, and am a vocal critic of state capitalism. However I would not characterize state capitalism as the underlying reason for the decline of the United States, since literally every state on earth engages in that economic philosophy.

Turn your backs on educating the population and science = death to great powers...Militaries are expensive and nations that don't understand the former normally don't maintain them.

America is actually the best country for research and higher level education. The problem is that in other lands like China, there is a lot more motivation to make breakthroughs and educate the next generation.

The US spends an absurd amount on its military, but it is basically just throwing money at the problem without identifying any of the underlying reasons (like education). The US does not have a technological edge anymore, with other countries making military advancements before the pentagon. Anytime the pentagon does make a technological breakthrough, countries like China and Russia emulate it within several years. The US military also uses inefficient and expensive equipment, and subscribes to outdated military thinking. Not to mention that countries like Iran and Yemen can form armies half the size of the United States with a fraction of the total population.

Seriously, what do you fuckers stand for? .... Where did the idealism and spirit go?

I stand for sound reasoning and sage decision making, at least as far as governance is concerned. In terms of governance, I don't much care for or about idealism. That's nice for the playground and the pulpit. In the halls of executive branch entities, legislatures and judiciaries, idealism has no place as far as I'm concerned.

Spirit is fine at sporting events, Memorial Day, Veterans' Day and July 4th cookouts.

I think it's all this so called social media crap

we've become a society of narcissistic exhibitionists who think the minutiae of our daily life is so interesting that every minute of every day has to be documented on line where likes and facebook friends are more meaningful than actual interpersonal relationships and accomplishments

It's this same phenomenon that has people convinced that merely "raising awareness" by wearing a cheap plastic bracelet or a pink shirt is the same as actually doing something for a cause

I believe the American country, American nation, and American state are three different concepts. All three are in decline.

The American country, as in the actual land of America, is in decline primarily due to disregard for the environment. The American nation, as in the people and culture of America, are in decline due to a loss of public consciousness and divisiveness due to politics.

Now the American state, as in the actual government and military that composes the United States, is in decline due to fiscal irresponsibility, widespread corruption, outdated thinking, loss of public consciousness, internal and societal rifts, failure to maintain competitive trade relationships, ect. The greatest reason in my opinion is a loss of public consciousness, since it is absolutely vital that a ruling state presides over a strong nation, and the American nation is losing its identity and culture.

I have plenty of radical opinions on economics, and am a vocal critic of state capitalism. However I would not characterize state capitalism as the underlying reason for the decline of the United States, since literally every state on earth engages in that economic philosophy.
We live in a society that has organized itself economically to reward self interest. The loss of social consciousness should come as no surprise.

"In the social production of their life, men enter into definite relations that are indispensable and independent of their will; these relations of production correspond to a definite stage of development of their material forces of production. The sum total of these relations of production constitutes the economic structure of society — the real foundation, on which rises a legal and political superstructure and to which correspond definite forms of social consciousness. The mode of production of material life determines the social, political and intellectual life process in general. It is not the consciousness of men that determines their being, but, on the contrary, their social being that determines their consciousness."
Karl Marx

Seriously, what do you fuckers stand for? It certainly isn't opportunity and new beginnings. Definitely not freedom and liberty.

Do the American people represent anything anymore? Where did the idealism and spirit go? A decline in public consciousness almost always predates the collapse of an empire. Is this the end of the United States?

Well, we aren't that kind of empire, although our WWII hegemony has been eroding steadily since the oil shocks of the 1970s and the country's leadership has made a botch of the necessary soft landing.

Our regional and racial hostilities have flared up again, stoked rather cynically by the so-called conservative movement. We have always been a nation with some pretty ugly flaws at the core; however 330,000 million people with our economic base and resources aren't going to just fade away, even with this disastrous asshole in the White House.

I'd look for a progressive revival and a modernizing reform of our necrotic government. We did it a century ago and we can do it again,

Our regional and racial hostilities have flared up again, stoked rather cynically by the so-called conservative movement. We have always been a nation with some pretty ugly flaws at the core; however 330,000 million people with our economic base and resources aren't going to just fade away, even with this disastrous asshole in the White House.

I'm not saying that America is going to become a third world country. The United States, as in the government and military sanctioned by the constitution, are going to be replaced. Throughout history, seldom does a stat e that becomes a shadow of its former self survive for long. The US is already a shadow of its former self.

Opportunity and new beginnings....? That is why we elected Trump.....we now have a chance to fix this country...

Well, we aren't that kind of empire, although our WWII hegemony has been eroding steadily since the oil shocks of the 1970s and the country's leadership has made a botch of the necessary soft landing.

I'd look for a progressive revival and a modernizing reform of our necrotic government. We did it a century ago and we can do it again,

The left has created the race hate in this country....the democrat party is made up of racist groups.....la raza, black lies matter....every single core group of the democrat party is openly and proudly racist and anti American...that is where our problem is coming from....and their leadership....racist....obama was one of the biggest racists the Presidency has ever seen....

We live in a society that has organized itself economically to reward self interest. The loss of social consciousness should come as no surprise.

"In the social production of their life, men enter into definite relations that are indispensable and independent of their will; these relations of production correspond to a definite stage of development of their material forces of production. The sum total of these relations of production constitutes the economic structure of society — the real foundation, on which rises a legal and political superstructure and to which correspond definite forms of social consciousness. The mode of production of material life determines the social, political and intellectual life process in general. It is not the consciousness of men that determines their being, but, on the contrary, their social being that determines their consciousness."
Karl Marx

Quoting marx...the man who created a belief system that murdered 100 million innocent men, women and children since 1917...can't be taken seriously......

Opportunity and new beginnings....? That is why we elected Trump.....we now have a chance to fix this country...

Are you kidding me? He is acting like an establishment puppet.

The swamp is more clogged than ever. Could you imagine if Hillary Clinton appointed two billionaires, three goldman sachs executives, four CEO's of high profiles companies, and a Turkish agent into her cabinet?

I did manage to find one interesting statement from the author of this thread:

"...The greatest reason in my opinion is a loss of public consciousness, since it is absolutely vital that a ruling state presides over a strong nation, and the American nation is losing its identity and culture."

That sounds like a rousing endorsement of President Trump's nationalism putting America and Americans first. Good to see you are on board.

I did manage to find one interesting statement from the author of this thread:

"...The greatest reason in my opinion is a loss of public consciousness, since it is absolutely vital that a ruling state presides over a strong nation, and the American nation is losing its identity and culture."

That sounds like a rousing endorsement of President Trump's nationalism putting America and Americans first. Good to see you are on board.

He has let the world identify Americans as dumb as fuck while creating a culture of hate and divisiveness.

Are you kidding me? He is acting like an establishment puppet.

The swamp is more clogged than ever. Could you imagine if Hillary Clinton appointed two billionaires, three goldman sachs executives, four CEO's of high profiles companies, and a Turkish agent into her cabinet?

It isn't how much money they have but how they approach government...cutting their own budgets and reducing the size and control of government over our lives makes them swamp drainers...hilary loves the government...and her appointees would have increased that power....

Forum List

Back