Decline of America: 4 in 10 Americans can't name any first amendment rights

Illegal immigration and constitutional rights

The APPC survey, conducted Aug. 9-13 among 1,013 adults in the United States, finds that 53 percent think that people who are here illegally do not have any rights under the Constitution. That incorrect belief is especially strong among self-identified political conservatives – 67 percent think it is accurate, compared with 48 percent of moderates and 46 percent of liberals.:)) me)

In fact, immigrants who are in the United States illegally share some constitutional protections with U.S. citizens. More than a century ago, in Yick Wo v. Hopkins (1886), a case involving an undocumented Chinese immigrant, the Supreme Court ruled that non-citizens were entitled to due process rights under the 14th Amendment’s equal protection clause. (For more on Yick Wo, see this video on Annenberg Classroom’s website.)

Most respondents, though not all, know that under the Constitution, U.S. citizens who are atheists or Muslim have the same rights as all other citizens. Seventy-nine percent of respondents know it is accurate to say that U.S. citizens who are atheists have the same rights as other citizens, and 76 percent know it is accurate to say that citizens who are Muslim have the same rights as other citizens.

The Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania – Americans Are Poorly Informed About Basic Constitutional Provisions

Same survey.:lol:

Last edited:
Men too stupid to realize the intelligence of a female , Hillary. What is it about Republican men that are scared of women?

Contractor-S.jpg

Have to admit I forgot them too. Figure I'll only need to review them if I ever come before a judge, until then if there's a problem I'll plead ignorance. I hate those videos where some wise-ass is arguing with a cop.

Freedom of the press means a printing press can print whatever it wants. It has nothing to do with lying bastards creating fake news and peddling it as genuine. Is there really something wrong with expecting honesty in journalism?

Forum List

Back