Decades of Black economic progress reversed under Obama's watch

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Irony? :dunno:

After decades of hard-fought progress, black economic gains were reversed in Great Recession - The Washington Post

Since the end of the recession, the overall unemployment rate has fallen from 9.4 to 9.1 percent, while the black unemployment rate has risen from 14.7 to 16.2 percent, according to the Department of Labor.

“I would say the recession is not over for black folks,” Austin says. He believes more black people than ever before could fall out of the middle class, because the unemployment rate for college-educated blacks recently peaked and blacks are overrepresented in state and local government jobs that are being eliminated due to massive budget shortfalls.

“History is going to say that the black middle class was decimated” over the past few years, Wiley says. “But we’re not done writing history.”

Last edited:
The Brock has just made it easier for folks to not work. And when you continually talk down corporate America and bash big business folks are bound to think "hey that's my potential employer - why should I bust my ass for the bad guy".

There's a whole different atmosphere in this country since He was elected. And it ain't good.

Forum List

Back