Debt Hardliners have Debt Problems

Granny says its a sham so's dem politicians can spend more money...
:confused:
US Debt Limit Really Doesn't Limit Debt
Monday, August 01, 2011 — The federal debt limit is a triumph of false advertising.
It doesn't really limit the national debt. Whenever the false ceiling has been reached, it has been raised — forcing unpopular votes in Congress, but not the really hard ones it would take to cut spending, raise revenues and balance budgets.

Ranting about the debt is easier than taming it. So the same political theatrics are played over and over again. The debt limit has been raised 78 times since 1960. The current hassle over No. 79 is more contentious and divisive than the previous rounds because of hardened lines in Congress, not only between Democrats and Republicans but within their rosters, especially on the GOP side where about 80 freshmen sent by tea party voters consider compromise a crime.

The hypocrisy of the whole process was summed up by an expert witness, Barack Obama, now the president championing a debt limit increase, when he tried to explain his own vote as junior senator from Illinois to oppose the raise then-President George W. Bush sought. He'd said in the Senate in 2006 that raising the debt limit was "a sign of leadership failure." That was in keeping with the congressional pattern: Blame it on the president. No matter that presidents don't appropriate the spending that creates deficits. Congresses do. But it is the presidents who must seek the increased ceilings necessary to avoid defaulting on the debt.

Now that's Obama's job. "When you're a senator ... this is always a lousy vote," he said in an Associated Press interview April 15. "Nobody likes to be tagged as having increased the debt limit. ... As president, you start realizing ... we can't play around with this stuff."

More US Debt Limit Really Doesn't Limit Debt | CNSnews.com

The original post makes me wish we had a DUMB THREAD ALERT button here!

Last edited:
Did any of you read the link?

These guys are carrying huge credit card balances and one of them is $117,000 behind on child support and hasn't made a payment since 2008.

More like dumb response alert.

Did any of you read the link?

These guys are carrying huge credit card balances and one of them is $117,000 behind on child support and hasn't made a payment since 2008.

More like dumb response alert.

Typical "Do as I say and Not as I do."

Democrats have a Tax Cheat for SecTres, a POTUS who took a bribe from a convicted felon, and a murderer and KKK Grand Kleagle as Senior Senators, and you're going to lecture us?

Fuck off, Buckwheat

I’m not sure what personal debt has to do with votes on the government’s debt limit but, by the reasoning in the OP, people who voted to raise the debt limit must also be hypocrites (unless they are carrying almost twice as much personal debt as they can afford to repay).
It has nothing to do with anything.

All this is just a lamestream media bullshit bug hunt.

Little wonder liberoidal freaks like the OP fall for it.

Forum List

Back