Deaths in vain

Huggy is not talking so much about "military tactics" as he is about the willingness that America will require in order to spend lives and national treasure on this war. Gunny is correct in his emphasis that a joint effort would be required. Does anybody have good data on Americans' willingness to sustain the effort required to achieve such a goal?

Obviously our Commander in Chief has no willingness to continue the fight. Nor most of the left wing loons that support him. How about you?

Somehow you remind me of the Black Knight......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4]YouTube - Monty Python-The Black Knight[/ame]

Huggy is not talking so much about "military tactics" as he is about the willingness that America will require in order to spend lives and national treasure on this war. Gunny is correct in his emphasis that a joint effort would be required. Does anybody have good data on Americans' willingness to sustain the effort required to achieve such a goal?

Obviously our Commander in Chief has no willingness to continue the fight. Nor most of the left wing loons that support him. How about you?

Do you support him, RGS, as your commander in chief?

Well, to be frank, I simply do not know why this question is disrespectful to the troops in the field.

I think this question is one, which gives the biggest respect to any soldier.
You must be sure and convincing, that the lives of our sons and daughters are not risked for reasons which are neither not honorable, injust nor plain stupid.

My country - Germany - has troops in Afghanistan and I ask myself for what cause they are there. Our MOD then said, that "the liberty of Germany is defended at the Hindukush".

Is that so ? Why ?

What is the purpose of the Allied Forces in Afghanistan ?

To destroy terrorism ? But when will this be happened ? And how do you measure it ?

At the moment I only see NATO Forces doing one offensive after the other without any outcome.

Regards
the germanguy

Spoken well. We as in probably every country have more pride than facts could support. The "good" soldier is needed in battle but not at the discussion. He will do anything his superiors will him to and that is a good thing when reason with our true enemies has failed.

Hm.
I do not agree. A good soldier is IMO not the one who is only good in battle. Also, doing anything the superiors will him to has left my country´s troops deep in the shit in our past.
We can not expect from every Private or NCO deep insight into their doing, but at least high ranking officers should be able to do so.

In WW II, when the politics of Hitler obviously led into military desaster, a lot of officers hid behind their oath and said "my task is only to fulfil the will of my supreme commander".
A german officer - Henning von Tresckow - said then:
"The officer is above the order".
This reads as: When my supreme commander tries to make something very foolish, it is the duty of the officer to say so and say so loudly.
Perhaps this example is too far off from today´s problems and put to a very extreme. No comparision meant, just the example.

Notwithstanding every soldier is a citizen as well and is additionally responsible for the lifes of his comrades. Also, wrong political leadership may lead to unnecessary casualties and this can not be accepted.
Therefore I always welcome any participitation of soldiers in any political debate. Especially if it is something affecting the soldiers directly.

regards
ze germanguy

It is the duty of every soldier in the USA to speak up if they believe that they have received an unlawful order. Other than that, Continue to march.

Forum List

Back